IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Winding it up
(Today, incidentally, marks eleven years since the USSR closed up shop and the hammer & sickle fluttered down from over the Kremlin for the last time.) As a newbie here I was gratified and frankly astonished at the average level of civility and conscious thought exhibited in the responses to this thread. No one--no one at all, as far as I could see--took up the easy red-baiting cudgel (a long-discredited rhetorical technique that each generation seems to reinvent anew, marveling at its self-evident efficacy as a crushing riposte), and even the most trenchant rejoinders appeared to be delivered with a welcome want of hysteria. You guys are a classy bunch.

cordially,

"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Don't be a stranger.. :-)
As doubtless you have noted, new blood is needed. Too often it is as silly to 'debate' political ideas here (too) as is measurable by the frequency with which the 'sides' are seen to coalesce about ~

Jingoists -VS- Comm-symp Libruls cha cha cha
(Talk about ancient rhetoric from my Gramma's time)

But at best, and through the (ulp - now years!) there have occurred memorable discussions on just about all the taboo subjects we Muricans are so fond of 'adding to the proscribed list' (Lest the Cheeldrun - non-voters all - are disturbed from their manic humming of the mantra, It's a Small Small ... Small World \ufffd).

Vaya con Diogenes,

Ashton
speaking for The Murican Peepul
When the rich assemble to concern themselves with the business of the poor, it is called Charity. When the poor assemble to concern themselves with the business of the rich, it is called Anarchy.

-Paul Richards
     Long time, no Sov - (rcareaga) - (40)
         From the Left, I'm Mike Moffitt. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Re: From the Left, I'm Mike Moffitt. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 You'd like Taosim. - (mmoffitt)
         Turn that around - (ben_tilly) - (19)
             Re: Turn that around - (rcareaga) - (18)
                 Not begging the question - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                     Re: Nuclear Holocaust. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                         Re: Nuclear Holocaust (10/62) - (rcareaga) - (7)
                             I think that applies a lot. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                 f you use the word civilian in your sentence - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Sorry, I didn't clarify that sufficiently. - (Brandioch)
                             Re: The stakes. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 Defensive: an example. - (Ashton)
                                 Re: The stakes. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     Of course! that is the "other side" - (Ashton)
                     Re: Not begging the question - (rcareaga) - (7)
                         I don't think that assumption of yours is right - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                             Re: I don't think that assumption of yours is right - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                 Um, the US needs enemies - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                     Re: Um, the US needs enemies - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                         ya go for the one you can find - (boxley)
                                         Does this explain...? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                             bingo! -NT - (rcareaga)
         from the fringes I'm boxley - (boxley) - (9)
             an additional thought - (rcareaga) - (8)
                 as you said, veritas in vino - (boxley) - (2)
                     Re: as you said, veritas in vino - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         betrayed bosses meaning fathers of our country :-) -NT - (boxley)
                 Couldn't agree more. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                     what disney book did you read that in? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                         Being there (USSR), 5 universities, numerous lectures, etc. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             not a prob will get to it in a bit in a new thread -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Here we go rebuttal to mmoffet on Founding Land Grants (new thread) - (boxley)
         Methinks the method of the breakup outweighs the fact. - (Ashton) - (4)
             Re: Methinks the method of the breakup outweighs the fact. - (rcareaga) - (3)
                 Hmmm ____the homeopathic theory of ingrained Hate - (Ashton)
                 Hitlers without end. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                     But Hatred is always derived from Fear. - (Ashton)
         Winding it up - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Don't be a stranger.. :-) - (Ashton)

Ahead one third!
106 ms