IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: From the Left, I'm Mike Moffitt.
mmoffitt posts:

//I suspect that there are two groups who have suffered more than any other as a consequence of the demise of the USSR: the Russian people and the United States. Yes, the entire country. We are virtually rudderless without the Soviet Union.//

I agree. Speaking as a child of the cold war (b. 1952) I believe that the moral superiority of the USA (such as it was) in the postwar years absolutely relied on the existence of the USSR as a countervailing force: without them there's no one whose sins are dense enough to make our side of the bipolar moral seesaw rise toward the sky.

cordially,

"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New You'd like Taosim.
A chapter from the Tao Te Ching reads in part:

"Under heaven, all can know beauty as beauty only because there is ugliness. All can know Good as Good only because there is Evil."

Long time, no Sov - (rcareaga) - (40)
         From the Left, I'm Mike Moffitt. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Re: From the Left, I'm Mike Moffitt. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 You'd like Taosim. - (mmoffitt)
         Turn that around - (ben_tilly) - (19)
             Re: Turn that around - (rcareaga) - (18)
                 Not begging the question - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                     Re: Nuclear Holocaust. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                         Re: Nuclear Holocaust (10/62) - (rcareaga) - (7)
                             I think that applies a lot. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                 f you use the word civilian in your sentence - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Sorry, I didn't clarify that sufficiently. - (Brandioch)
                             Re: The stakes. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 Defensive: an example. - (Ashton)
                                 Re: The stakes. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     Of course! that is the "other side" - (Ashton)
                     Re: Not begging the question - (rcareaga) - (7)
                         I don't think that assumption of yours is right - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                             Re: I don't think that assumption of yours is right - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                 Um, the US needs enemies - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                     Re: Um, the US needs enemies - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                         ya go for the one you can find - (boxley)
                                         Does this explain...? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                             bingo! -NT - (rcareaga)
         from the fringes I'm boxley - (boxley) - (9)
             an additional thought - (rcareaga) - (8)
                 as you said, veritas in vino - (boxley) - (2)
                     Re: as you said, veritas in vino - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         betrayed bosses meaning fathers of our country :-) -NT - (boxley)
                 Couldn't agree more. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                     what disney book did you read that in? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                         Being there (USSR), 5 universities, numerous lectures, etc. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             not a prob will get to it in a bit in a new thread -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Here we go rebuttal to mmoffet on Founding Land Grants (new thread) - (boxley)
         Methinks the method of the breakup outweighs the fact. - (Ashton) - (4)
             Re: Methinks the method of the breakup outweighs the fact. - (rcareaga) - (3)
                 Hmmm ____the homeopathic theory of ingrained Hate - (Ashton)
                 Hitlers without end. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                     But Hatred is always derived from Fear. - (Ashton)
         Winding it up - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Don't be a stranger.. :-) - (Ashton)

Everyone sing a song about popcorn!
73 ms