IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How many incidents are needed?
There's Saddam talking to April.

There's Kelly addressing Congress.

Now, take just those two incidents and compare them with Bush's speeches after the invasion.

Prior to the invasion, we're talking about not getting involved in border disputes and so forth.

After the invasion, Bush was very clear about how he felt about it.

Where was the very clearly stated position PRIOR to the invasion? Why were we only able to articulate it AFTER the invasion?

Our own people were asking what our position was prior to the invasion and the administration wouldn't give a clear answer.

Does anyone have any doubt that the current Bush would have trouble articulating our reaction to a "what if Iraq invaded country X" scenario?

But his daddy couldn't do that?
New An angle on the times: HBO "Live from Baghdad"
re the events just before and during the bombing. This from perspectiveof the folks that showed the real-time events, from CNN. Can't ever be sure that the conversations depict events unslanted natch, but the dialogue is articulate enough - and Saddam's warts and.. viewpoint are given ~ 'equal time'.

Friend had a tape of this. It doesn't pursue the angle of 'false diplomatic stage-setting', but the man playing a high Iraqi official (and today is even Higher) is acted by David Suchet, perhaps the best Poirot of all time.
His performance alone, makes this a Must See IMhO.

Decidedly better quality a presentation than typ Hollywood dreck.

Ashton
When the rich assemble to concern themselves with the business of the poor, it is called Charity. When the poor assemble to concern themselves with the business of the rich, it is called Anarchy.

-Paul Richards
     All over in a week? - (marlowe) - (91)
         This kind of excrement is why so much of the world hates us. - (mmoffitt) - (87)
             Man you guys are good. - (bepatient)
             Holy crap, you know how to pick your sources - (marlowe) - (4)
                 Ummm.... - (folkert)
                 Re: Classic Marlowe crap - (dmarker) - (1)
                     But the link responded to ... - (bepatient)
                 Better that than knowing how to pick your noses... - (admin)
             Where's the encouragement? - (ChrisR)
             The U.S. is also one of the world's largest oil producers. - (Mike) - (77)
                 evidence is WTF I ended up in florida - (boxley)
                 Diplomatic political-speak - an art unto itself. - (Simon_Jester) - (75)
                     Yabbut - (Mike) - (74)
                         I keep forgetting not to read for content. - (mmoffitt) - (72)
                             Its in the eye of the beholder - (Mike)
                             Some content for you. - (Mike) - (70)
                                 Interesting. - (mmoffitt) - (69)
                                     Stretch it any further and it'll break. - (bepatient)
                                     Once more unto the ridiculous - (Mike)
                                     To the Two Above - (mmoffitt) - (66)
                                         To the one above... - (bepatient) - (65)
                                             Why would he lie to a US Reporter? - (mmoffitt) - (64)
                                                 What? - (bepatient) - (63)
                                                     No. I just don't drink your brand of Kool-Aid. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (62)
                                                         Then maybe you can explain the above post? - (bepatient) - (61)
                                                             No one is two words. - (mmoffitt) - (60)
                                                                 My point is clear. - (bepatient) - (43)
                                                                     Just ask yourself, what rings true? - (mmoffitt) - (42)
                                                                         If thats is all the case... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                             Exactly! Well said. -NT - (Mike)
                                                                             Re: makes a great conspiricy theory - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                 Maybe if I were one or had... - (bepatient)
                                                                         Ask yourself...... - (Mike) - (37)
                                                                             C'mon now... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                 Ahhhhhhhhhhh.........clarity at last -NT - (Mike)
                                                                             Unless we weren't after the oil.... - (Simon_Jester) - (34)
                                                                                 So.....the gulf war - (Mike) - (1)
                                                                                     Chuckle...sure - (Simon_Jester)
                                                                                 Hmmm... - (bepatient) - (31)
                                                                                     Okay, Beep. You tell me. Why do we need to attack Iraq? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                                                                                         Well I've been told... - (bepatient) - (24)
                                                                                             I like your solution to the energy (oil) problem. - (a6l6e6x) - (21)
                                                                                                 Mea Culpa syndrome... - (bepatient) - (20)
                                                                                                     The free ride comes from the larger sales they enjoy. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                                                                                         Thats it all over - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                             Wow, Beep - in non-Market mode, eh? - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                                                 Damn...that was close ;-) - (bepatient)
                                                                                                     2 problems - (Silverlock) - (15)
                                                                                                         Re: 2 problems - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                                                             Okay - (Silverlock) - (9)
                                                                                                                 There is no naivite involved. - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                                                                     Let me restate - (Silverlock) - (7)
                                                                                                                         And we (the people) are the ones that allowed it. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                                                                             Yeah. Right. - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                                                                                                                 Well...let me clarify... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                                                     No, a specific *subset* of "we" pay - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                                                                                         Whcih is why.. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                                                             I ... thought that was the original idea - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                 Neither do I ;-) -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                                         we have way too much mass for effective transit -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                                             Wrong. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                                                 certainly we could all huddle in a mass at government - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                     Re: Checkpoints. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                             I'm sorry, I got distracted there for a second... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                                                 Methinks you're still distracted. - (bepatient)
                                                                                     Which war? - (Simon_Jester)
                                                                                     No silly. - (Mike) - (3)
                                                                                         *cough*...mine.... - (bepatient)
                                                                                         How faked moon landings led to cheesy goldfish ;-) - (bbronson) - (1)
                                                                                             :-) -NT - (Mike)
                                                                 Don't waste your time. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                     Mea Culpa. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 Alas, even my link doesn't show - (Simon_Jester) - (13)
                                                                     That is a matter of perspective. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                                                         Ditto. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                             Not even close. - (bepatient)
                                                                         I think..... - (Mike) - (9)
                                                                             There were lots of signals.... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                                                                                 Oh my...... - (Mike) - (5)
                                                                                     I did state - as far as we can tell.... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                                                                                         Yes - (Mike) - (3)
                                                                                             Which goes back to my original question.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                                                                 I gerfot...... - (Mike)
                                                                                                 Re: Debating Trees when discussion is about forests ... - (dmarker)
                                                                                 How many incidents are needed? - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                     An angle on the times: HBO "Live from Baghdad" - (Ashton)
                         Oh come on...quote it right - (Simon_Jester)
             You might want to do more research... - (Simon_Jester)
             Did you see the tape of W (fis and pere) kissing Enron ass? -NT - (deSitter)
         "might be"? - (Brandioch) - (2)
             Not American tank comapny - (Arkadiy)
             Have nominated Marlowe as ... - (dmarker)

Last night my friend asked to use a USB port to charge his cigarette, but I was using it to charge my book. The future is stupid.
137 ms