IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Got the first bill yesterday.
It said if I can't pay the whole thing, to call their office to set up a plan.
The bill was for US $1.93
New So are you going for 24 or 36 payments?
New Inflation is getting out of hand.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Glad to hear it! (Though surprised as fuck.)
And, you know, also not terribly sad or angry that you're feeling better.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Oh, there will be more bills, but . . .
. . the way Medicare works is this. The doctor or organization bills Medicare at their full rate. Medicare pays them what they pay for the coded procedures. The patient can then be billed only a percentage of the difference between the two.

I recently got another bill for $8.87. The full charge was $1280. I will certainly get some larger ones, but it should be all manageable.
New The big hospital bill finally got here.
Hospital charge: $171,718.01

After Medicare payment and Medicare adjustments, I have to pay $1,556.00 - somewhat lower than I was expecting.
New Wow. It's good to be old.
I don't go to the hospital. I don't have health insurance. I don't have a job and up until a few months ago I couldn't afford it and now I'm looking into it and I see how incredibly expensive it is. I'm 58. I have another 7 years before I can have Medicare.

So basically it seems that I have to survive another 7 years before something comes along and tries to kill me and then I might survive because I'll have insurance at that point.

I added the second car to my insurance yesterday and it was incredibly cheap. I laughed, it's good to be old. It's also good not to have new drivers on your insurance. Those kids cost me in so many ways.
New I'm the same age, but I've been "on MediCare" all my life. Hooray for the Nanny State!
     Matters of the Heart . . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (37)
         Incredibly glad you're here to make the report! - (malraux) - (2)
             Suggested follow-up. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Sounds like you're in good hands - (malraux)
         Oh, oh! It's sad that you had this happen to you. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Any idea of what you could have done to not have this happen to you? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 "My diet is so much better than that of most Americans, yet I'm having similar issues." - (CRConrad)
         Zooks! - (Another Scott)
         main inbound blocked that hard? Very glad you are still around to post - (boxley)
         Yeah I thought it'd been too long between posts - (crazy)
         Oof. Sounds rough. Hope you make a speedy recovery! -NT - (pwhysall)
         It’s hell being out of warranty - (rcareaga) - (2)
             "Chest pains" is a speedy trip to the head of the line at the ER - (malraux)
             No signs or portents. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Glad you're still around. Someone needs to tend the Clove Garden... -NT - (scoenye)
         So now you're in debt at least until you're... Oh, about three hundred years old? -NT - (CRConrad) - (9)
             medical debt - (rcareaga)
             Got the first bill yesterday. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                 So are you going for 24 or 36 payments? -NT - (pwhysall)
                 Inflation is getting out of hand. -NT - (malraux)
                 Glad to hear it! (Though surprised as fuck.) - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     Oh, there will be more bills, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         The big hospital bill finally got here. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             Wow. It's good to be old. - (crazy) - (1)
                                 I'm the same age, but I've been "on MediCare" all my life. Hooray for the Nanny State! -NT - (CRConrad)
         Nearly a month on - (malraux) - (11)
             Re: Nearly a month on - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                 Great, glad to hear it. - (malraux)
                 Excellent. Keep on keeping on. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Good to hear you're making a great recovery! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     Thanks, guys, for the words of encouragement. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         So did the doctors argue with your near perfect diet? - (crazy) - (2)
                             I asked a number of times . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 Bodies are complicated. - (Another Scott)
                 Re: Nearly a month on - (jake123) - (2)
                     That one isn't on my list. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Re: That one isn't on my list. - (jake123)
         Re: Matters of the Heart . . . . - (jake123)

Well, as long as you can bottle it up I'm sure that's perfectly healthy.
340 ms