IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It’s hell being out of warranty
Looking back, were there any—perhaps unacknowledged at the time but significant in retrospect—signs and portents? Six years ago at this time I was becoming gradually aware of a discomfort in my upper left quadrant as I walked either end of my commute, and this went, over the next several months from distracting to mildly irritating to this is really starting to piss me off to oh my god, at which point I consulted my physician, whereupon, not more than a minute after I pronounced the words “chest pains”—even though I was not experiencing these at that moment—I found myself being wrestled onto a gurney by burly paramedics.

My crisis was arrested well short of the symptoms you have described, and they put me up on lifts a few days later to ream out the plumbing and install these cunning little appliances, which are actually a Cold War by-blow, “memory alloys” having been stumbled upon decades earlier in the course of devising a sturdier cladding for nuclear warheads.

They sent me home with an armload of prescription drugs among which one, “Clopidogrel,” occasioned the following dire caution successively from one doctor, one pharmacist and two nurses: “And for God’s sake, never, never skip a day.” That got my attention.

Best wishes for a brisk and sustained recovery. And as John Updike once observed, we do, after all, survive every moment, except the last.

cardiacly,
New "Chest pains" is a speedy trip to the head of the line at the ER
That and stroke symptoms. I've had that experience a few times for chest pains and speech problems that were only migraine and panic attacks thankfully.

They don't mess around with that stuff in the ER though.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New No signs or portents.
I was feeling just fine overall until Friday morning at 6:00am. This was definitely a sneak attack.
     Matters of the Heart . . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (37)
         Incredibly glad you're here to make the report! - (malraux) - (2)
             Suggested follow-up. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Sounds like you're in good hands - (malraux)
         Oh, oh! It's sad that you had this happen to you. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Any idea of what you could have done to not have this happen to you? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 "My diet is so much better than that of most Americans, yet I'm having similar issues." - (CRConrad)
         Zooks! - (Another Scott)
         main inbound blocked that hard? Very glad you are still around to post - (boxley)
         Yeah I thought it'd been too long between posts - (crazy)
         Oof. Sounds rough. Hope you make a speedy recovery! -NT - (pwhysall)
         It’s hell being out of warranty - (rcareaga) - (2)
             "Chest pains" is a speedy trip to the head of the line at the ER - (malraux)
             No signs or portents. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Glad you're still around. Someone needs to tend the Clove Garden... -NT - (scoenye)
         So now you're in debt at least until you're... Oh, about three hundred years old? -NT - (CRConrad) - (9)
             medical debt - (rcareaga)
             Got the first bill yesterday. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                 So are you going for 24 or 36 payments? -NT - (pwhysall)
                 Inflation is getting out of hand. -NT - (malraux)
                 Glad to hear it! (Though surprised as fuck.) - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     Oh, there will be more bills, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         The big hospital bill finally got here. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             Wow. It's good to be old. - (crazy) - (1)
                                 I'm the same age, but I've been "on MediCare" all my life. Hooray for the Nanny State! -NT - (CRConrad)
         Nearly a month on - (malraux) - (11)
             Re: Nearly a month on - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                 Great, glad to hear it. - (malraux)
                 Excellent. Keep on keeping on. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Good to hear you're making a great recovery! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     Thanks, guys, for the words of encouragement. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         So did the doctors argue with your near perfect diet? - (crazy) - (2)
                             I asked a number of times . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 Bodies are complicated. - (Another Scott)
                 Re: Nearly a month on - (jake123) - (2)
                     That one isn't on my list. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Re: That one isn't on my list. - (jake123)
         Re: Matters of the Heart . . . . - (jake123)

At least.. the Lx stuff written *here* is nicely done in English.
96 ms