IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks, guys, for the words of encouragement.
New So did the doctors argue with your near perfect diet?
You have the widest assortment of nutrition of anyone I have ever seen and it almost always leans towards what is supposedly good for you. It amazes me with the amount of complexity and effort you put in to a recipe. I'm sure the people you serve it to in your various gatherings appreciate it.

So did the doctors review this and tell you to change anything?

5 years ago I went for a full cardio work up. Chemical stress test along with echocardiogram along with whole bunch of stuff. A week later I get my results and the doctor says keep doing what you're doing.

I say great, steak and potatoes and two packs of cigarettes every day. Yeah I know the cancer will get me. But it seems that my terrible diet is good for my heart.

Speaking of which, I sous vide two corned beef briskets for the last two days. Three element recipe. The corned beef, the packet of spice that came with it, and a cup of beef broth.

I took it out at one day and cut one in half and decided that it could go for another day. So I resealed it up and tossed it back in.

After 2 days I took out a half and fried all sides for about a minute at 400° and sliced it as thin as I could. I just got new knives so I can slice really thin.

Best goddamn corned beef I ever had in my life. Easily equals my high-end Jewish deli around the corner that I grew up from and is the standard that I measure all others.

I have hit corned beef special n yo coming up irvana and now I got a whole bunch of it in the pipeline.

That s*** is supposed to kill me. It's worth it. To me.

So anyway, glad you're back doing well as opposed to merely hanging on.
New I asked a number of times . . .
. . since my diet is so much better than the average American diet, I avoid sugar like the plague, and don't eat processed foods, how come I have these problems you're telling me I have.

No answer or explanation was offered - the question was ignored.
New Bodies are complicated.
My step mom had amazing cholesterol numbers, total ~ 130 mg/dl and nearly all the good stuff. Women in her side of the family often lived to be over 100. My father ate the same diet she did, always had cholesterol at 200 mg/dl.

(They both died of cancer - he from uveal melanoma that spread, she from cancer of the bile duct (a kind of pancreatic cancer) that spread - the same cancer that killed her father.)

Bodies are complicated. Genetics plays a big role, and I suspect that what may be a good diet for us when we're young and vigorous may be bad for us when we get older (IOW, there may be an age aspect in addition to exercise, weight, environment, etc.)

There's still so much that we don't know, even as we learn more every day. E.g. thread on Luvox and caffeine. Even information that is out there often doesn't get to the people who need it.

Best of luck you and to us all going forward!

Cheers,
Scott.
     Matters of the Heart . . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (37)
         Incredibly glad you're here to make the report! - (malraux) - (2)
             Suggested follow-up. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Sounds like you're in good hands - (malraux)
         Oh, oh! It's sad that you had this happen to you. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Any idea of what you could have done to not have this happen to you? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 "My diet is so much better than that of most Americans, yet I'm having similar issues." - (CRConrad)
         Zooks! - (Another Scott)
         main inbound blocked that hard? Very glad you are still around to post - (boxley)
         Yeah I thought it'd been too long between posts - (crazy)
         Oof. Sounds rough. Hope you make a speedy recovery! -NT - (pwhysall)
         It’s hell being out of warranty - (rcareaga) - (2)
             "Chest pains" is a speedy trip to the head of the line at the ER - (malraux)
             No signs or portents. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Glad you're still around. Someone needs to tend the Clove Garden... -NT - (scoenye)
         So now you're in debt at least until you're... Oh, about three hundred years old? -NT - (CRConrad) - (9)
             medical debt - (rcareaga)
             Got the first bill yesterday. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                 So are you going for 24 or 36 payments? -NT - (pwhysall)
                 Inflation is getting out of hand. -NT - (malraux)
                 Glad to hear it! (Though surprised as fuck.) - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     Oh, there will be more bills, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         The big hospital bill finally got here. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             Wow. It's good to be old. - (crazy) - (1)
                                 I'm the same age, but I've been "on MediCare" all my life. Hooray for the Nanny State! -NT - (CRConrad)
         Nearly a month on - (malraux) - (11)
             Re: Nearly a month on - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                 Great, glad to hear it. - (malraux)
                 Excellent. Keep on keeping on. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Good to hear you're making a great recovery! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     Thanks, guys, for the words of encouragement. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         So did the doctors argue with your near perfect diet? - (crazy) - (2)
                             I asked a number of times . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 Bodies are complicated. - (Another Scott)
                 Re: Nearly a month on - (jake123) - (2)
                     That one isn't on my list. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Re: That one isn't on my list. - (jake123)
         Re: Matters of the Heart . . . . - (jake123)

Helmet of the meat!
70 ms