IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No big loss: If she can't...
No no, relax, sorry -- what I mean is, who the F needs a glass1 "cutting board"?!? Throw that fucker away, and never get anything like it again. Hey, it's not too huge to take with you when you move, so the previous owner must have had other reasons for leaving it behind.

The purpose of a cutting board is two-(or three-)fold: to keep whatever you're cutting off your table or other work surface, and also -- at least as importantly, AFAICS -- to to keep your knife off your table, to spare the table, and your other work surfaces off your knife, to spare that. That's why they're made of wood, or, nowadays, plastic: That doesn't foul knives. Glass does, so it's about the stupidest material imaginable for cutting boards. What's next, stone "cutting boards"?!? (Sigh... Don't tell me: Some idiot2 is already selling them, I assume.)

I remember seeing vigorous online debate about the hygienic properties of plastic vs wooden boards, decades ago. AFAICR it was pretty undecided back then; wood, perhaps somewhat unexpectedly, did better than plastic in some investigations, worse in others. So get a bunch of either one of these, or both:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/proppmaett-chopping-board-50233422/

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/legitim-chopping-board-white-90202268/

We have a set of three Legitim in different colours; had them for at least fifteen years, and still going strong. Couldn't find the wooden ones we also have three of (in slightly different sizes), but they're rather similar to Proppmätt. Those are slightly the worse for wear than the plastic ones, but nowhere near bad enough to throw away.

Fucking weird names, BTW: "Legitim" means "legitimate" (or just "legit", I suppose, in the current vernacular), but WTF does that have to do with cutting food? And "proppmätt" means "absolutely full" [with food, used of people], as in "I'm proppmätt, I couldn't eat a bite more". Perhaps better suited to a very big plate or something?

___

1: See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmNOfLEbcyY , and apparently it's also been done for real: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuXFOrh_7vM

2: Well no, OK: Not the seller is the idiot, but the buyers.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New I have wooden chopping boards for vegetables, and plastic ones for meat
The plastic ones go in the dishwasher.

Glass chopping boards? That's the sort of thing that should get you put on a register.
     Sous Vide? - (crazy) - (17)
         It's better after freezing - (crazy) - (15)
             Mr Monk, we need to talk about this peroxide habit of yours. -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                 Understood - (crazy) - (5)
                     Let me add to that - (crazy) - (4)
                         No big loss: If she can't... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             I have wooden chopping boards for vegetables, and plastic ones for meat - (pwhysall)
                         bleach can get into the cracks on a wood cutting board for cleaning - (boxley) - (1)
                             On ballance, wood does as well as plastic . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             I had a couple people over for dinner last night - (crazy) - (7)
                 That's some high-risk chicken, isn't it? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Time is important too - (scoenye)
                     Not at all - (crazy)
                 Just a note about the neighbors... - (InThane) - (3)
                     For some reason covid vaccine deniers are often not generic anti-vaxxers - (crazy) - (2)
                         Is that better or worse than stupidest smart people? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Better -NT - (drook)
         Twitter thread for you - (drook)

This too shall pass.
90 ms