1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Presidents don't pass laws
--

Drew
New Right.
NASA, New Deal, Great Society, none of those were Presidential ideas. Er, ..., wait...
     Fun Trump page. - (mmoffitt) - (61)
         pretty much. Same folks dismissing his run against Clinton - (boxley) - (60)
             The GOP primary has provided... - (rcareaga) - (59)
                 I've been rolling this "lesser evil" thing around in my head. - (mmoffitt) - (57)
                     I don't view it as Loyalty... - (Another Scott) - (56)
                         what Scott said and furthermore - (rcareaga) - (55)
                             rolling back of such social gains as have been made the past twenty-five years Really? name a few - (boxley) - (54)
                                 Re: rolling back of such social gains as have been made the past twenty-five years Really? name a fe - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                     Why Cruz is worse than Trump - (jake123) - (10)
                                         Good points, but... - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                             The SCOTUS issue is a non-starter after pro-Super Pac Merrick Garland. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                 SCOTUS decides hundreds of cases a year. Purity kills. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                     Point: Merrick *IS* the kind of Justice we're supposed to fear. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                         Re: Point: Merrick *IS* the kind of Justice we're supposed to fear. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                             He had Orrin Hatch's support? Well, that makes him less onerous. NOT. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 Keep flailing. That'll get Roy Moore on the SCOTUS faster!!1 -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 Significantly better than Scalia and progress in the right direction - (malraux) - (2)
                                                     Goering over Adolph then. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                         *roll* - (malraux)
                                 Re: rolling back of such social gains...? - (rcareaga) - (41)
                                     Wow. The ACA was a "social gain"? - (mmoffitt) - (40)
                                         This is just stupid - (jake123) - (11)
                                             what is even more stupid is that medicare for all could have been passed with adding a 5% - (boxley) - (10)
                                                 It would only work if you could get the law passed - (drook) - (8)
                                                     Conyers gave it a shot in 2009. It died in committee (as it always does). -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                         Liar - (drook) - (1)
                                                             Ack! You have cut me to the bone!!11 -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                     33 million still have no insurance. HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                         Re: 33 million still have no insurance. HTH. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Um, Bernie Sanders? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                         Presidents don't pass laws -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                             Right. - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Re: what is even more stupid is that medicare for all could have been passed with adding a 5% - (Another Scott)
                                         Re: Wow. The ACA was a "social gain"? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Um, no. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                 Re: Um, no. - (Another Scott)
                                         odd way of putting it - (rcareaga) - (24)
                                             I predicted on this very board that Obama would raise that false equivalence... - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                                                 speaking of inanity - (rcareaga) - (6)
                                                     Show me the equivalent Federal Penalty for not buying a car. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                         Roberts addressed this in 2012 - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                             but they swore it was not a tax on the american people? So the tax is on top of - (boxley)
                                                             Man, you're agreeing with some interesting folks these days. Roberts? Really? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                 Recognizing reality is a helpful way to get through life. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     Heh. I think a "tax" you pay ONLY when you don't do something is a fine. ;0) - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Nobody's "forced to purchase health insurance". - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                                     Ah. I see. A federal fine is no injury at all. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                         It used to be a federal law... - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                             I'm not voting against her, I'm voting for someone committed to universal healthcare. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                                                 That's fine in the primary. Vote the party in the general... -NT - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                                     Here's your sign. :0) - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                                         I don't have a problem with that. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                             No. But it's not as unpossible as you've suggested either. ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                                 I think we've been through this before. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                                     I suspect this thread will wind down - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                                                                         We do well here. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                             Hats off to you both. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                                 obviously I haven't read *all* your posts - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                                                                                     Thank you. Awfully kind of you. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                                     Well said. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             nope, you can do what million s of poor americans and illegals do. Drive without it. - (boxley)
                 you photoshopped a picture of him on the crapper? -NT - (boxley)

Enjoy your amazement.
152 ms