IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why Cruz is worse than Trump
"He sold us out!"(TM)

;)

He's worse because he's a true believer in Christian Dominionism. Trump has all the usual levers that can be pushed to modify his behaviour; he's not interested in dying, or really in being discomforted, plus rewards are also able to move him (in fact, his problem is he's probably way too biddable; a summit with Putin and an evening with a bunch of Russian teens would probably move mountains).

Cruz otoh is a believer. Those mechanisms (up to and perhaps even including continuing to live) are not so motivating. Cruz strikes me as a person who would be willing to accept martyrdom and a hero's memory for turning the US into a theocracy.

They are both sociopaths, but sociopaths that are driven by the comforts of the flesh are far easier to manage than ones driven by a neo-Calvinist religious ideology.

I disagree with Bill; if I were to be a US citizen I'd be pulling the lever for Clinton and down ticket this November and sleep the sleep of the just. But when it comes to his assessment of which of Cruz and Trump are more dangerous the US as a going concern... he's absolutely right. Trump is scary in a 'mob enforcer who has a job to break your legs' kind of way... the mob enforcer can be bought. Cruz is scary in a 'I'll crucify your children to get your religious compliance, and I'll only believe I've got it after they're crucified' kind of way.
New Good points, but...
They advocate many of the same policies - huge tax cuts, packing the courts with Teabaggers, gutting the budget, gutting reproduction rights, etc.

Trump mumbles a bunch of platitudes when it suits him ("everyone loves me and I love everyone"), but then contradicts them 5 minutes later. He's a coward and a narcissist.

Cruz is reviled by his colleagues. While he would love to turn the US into a theocracy (one where he wouldn't have to live by those rules - rules are for little people after all), he would have more opposition than Trump. Trump would simply roll over when presented with bills from the Teabagger legislature.

Each of them would be a disaster, just in slightly different ways.

Fortunately, we won't have to live in the futures they advocate. :-)

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
("... shot or being poisoned.")
New The SCOTUS issue is a non-starter after pro-Super Pac Merrick Garland.
New SCOTUS decides hundreds of cases a year. Purity kills.
New Point: Merrick *IS* the kind of Justice we're supposed to fear.
New Re: Point: Merrick *IS* the kind of Justice we're supposed to fear.
AFL-CIO's Trumka:

Chief Judge Merrick Garland of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit brings impeccable credentials and deep experience to this nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court. Judge Garland’s career shows a deep commitment to public service and to the rule of law. These qualities are why he was confirmed to the D.C. Circuit 18 years ago by a bipartisan majority and with the strong support of then-Judiciary Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch. Judge Garland is a superbly qualified nominee who deserves prompt consideration and confirmation by the U.S. Senate. Working people deserve and expect no less.

Oh, but holding out for Judge Roy Moore is the better course. The contradictions won't heighten themselves, amirite?

"Purity" forever!!!1

:-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New He had Orrin Hatch's support? Well, that makes him less onerous. NOT.
New Keep flailing. That'll get Roy Moore on the SCOTUS faster!!1
New Significantly better than Scalia and progress in the right direction
I'd gladly take further left, but he'll do in a pinch.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Goering over Adolph then.
New *roll*
Purity kills.

I'll take incremental change over backsliding any day.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Fun Trump page. - (mmoffitt) - (61)
         pretty much. Same folks dismissing his run against Clinton - (boxley) - (60)
             The GOP primary has provided... - (rcareaga) - (59)
                 I've been rolling this "lesser evil" thing around in my head. - (mmoffitt) - (57)
                     I don't view it as Loyalty... - (Another Scott) - (56)
                         what Scott said and furthermore - (rcareaga) - (55)
                             rolling back of such social gains as have been made the past twenty-five years Really? name a few - (boxley) - (54)
                                 Re: rolling back of such social gains as have been made the past twenty-five years Really? name a fe - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                     Why Cruz is worse than Trump - (jake123) - (10)
                                         Good points, but... - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                             The SCOTUS issue is a non-starter after pro-Super Pac Merrick Garland. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                 SCOTUS decides hundreds of cases a year. Purity kills. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                     Point: Merrick *IS* the kind of Justice we're supposed to fear. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                         Re: Point: Merrick *IS* the kind of Justice we're supposed to fear. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                             He had Orrin Hatch's support? Well, that makes him less onerous. NOT. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 Keep flailing. That'll get Roy Moore on the SCOTUS faster!!1 -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 Significantly better than Scalia and progress in the right direction - (malraux) - (2)
                                                     Goering over Adolph then. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                         *roll* - (malraux)
                                 Re: rolling back of such social gains...? - (rcareaga) - (41)
                                     Wow. The ACA was a "social gain"? - (mmoffitt) - (40)
                                         This is just stupid - (jake123) - (11)
                                             what is even more stupid is that medicare for all could have been passed with adding a 5% - (boxley) - (10)
                                                 It would only work if you could get the law passed - (drook) - (8)
                                                     Conyers gave it a shot in 2009. It died in committee (as it always does). -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                         Liar - (drook) - (1)
                                                             Ack! You have cut me to the bone!!11 -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                     33 million still have no insurance. HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                         Re: 33 million still have no insurance. HTH. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Um, Bernie Sanders? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                         Presidents don't pass laws -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                             Right. - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Re: what is even more stupid is that medicare for all could have been passed with adding a 5% - (Another Scott)
                                         Re: Wow. The ACA was a "social gain"? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Um, no. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                 Re: Um, no. - (Another Scott)
                                         odd way of putting it - (rcareaga) - (24)
                                             I predicted on this very board that Obama would raise that false equivalence... - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                                                 speaking of inanity - (rcareaga) - (6)
                                                     Show me the equivalent Federal Penalty for not buying a car. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                         Roberts addressed this in 2012 - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                             but they swore it was not a tax on the american people? So the tax is on top of - (boxley)
                                                             Man, you're agreeing with some interesting folks these days. Roberts? Really? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                 Recognizing reality is a helpful way to get through life. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     Heh. I think a "tax" you pay ONLY when you don't do something is a fine. ;0) - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Nobody's "forced to purchase health insurance". - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                                     Ah. I see. A federal fine is no injury at all. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                         It used to be a federal law... - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                             I'm not voting against her, I'm voting for someone committed to universal healthcare. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                                                 That's fine in the primary. Vote the party in the general... -NT - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                                     Here's your sign. :0) - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                                         I don't have a problem with that. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                             No. But it's not as unpossible as you've suggested either. ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                                 I think we've been through this before. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                                     I suspect this thread will wind down - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                                                                         We do well here. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                             Hats off to you both. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                                 obviously I haven't read *all* your posts - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                                                                                     Thank you. Awfully kind of you. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                                     Well said. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             nope, you can do what million s of poor americans and illegals do. Drive without it. - (boxley)
                 you photoshopped a picture of him on the crapper? -NT - (boxley)

My other car is a Lincoln.
176 ms