IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 3 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This is just stupid
How many millions of Americans have access to doctors that didn't before? That's a social gain, esp. for the people that have it now that didn't ten years ago. You know, the burger flippers part of the population, and ESPECIALLY their children.

The mechanism may suck, but politics is often the art of the possible. Even if it takes another forty years to move the needle forward, that's many millions of people who are going to experience a very large social gain over those decades.
New what is even more stupid is that medicare for all could have been passed with adding a 5%
increase in the medicare tax we already pay. Even if you earned 100k the 5k tax will be a savings of 15k you would not have to pay in premiums and co-pays. Corporations would still get their nut processing claims. No nother and the light of his life claim this is unworkable, we need to pay the 20k so the private corporation can make better bank.
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New It would only work if you could get the law passed
Is the current system better than what we had before, where millions more people had no insurance? I say yes, this is better.

Would Medicare for all be even better than that? Absolutely, but plenty of lawmakers made it clear they wouldn't vote for that. Might it have passed if it came up for a vote? Maybe, and maybe someone should give that a shot.

Here's the key point IMO: Of all the Republicans talking about repealing Obamacare, I haven't heard a single one of them propose replacing it with Medicare for all. So if your argument is that Obamacare is bad because it's not as good as Medicare for all, that doesn't seem to be on the menu.
--

Drew
New Conyers gave it a shot in 2009. It died in committee (as it always does).
New Liar
That would have worked, not like Obamacare, so if anyone had proposed it clearly Republicans would have voted for it.
--

Drew
New Ack! You have cut me to the bone!!11
New 33 million still have no insurance. HTH.
New Re: 33 million still have no insurance. HTH.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Um, Bernie Sanders?
Oh, but right, we aren't supposed to elect him. We're supposed to fall in line behind Hillary.
New Presidents don't pass laws
--

Drew
New Right.
NASA, New Deal, Great Society, none of those were Presidential ideas. Er, ..., wait...
New Re: what is even more stupid is that medicare for all could have been passed with adding a 5%
1) Medicare doesn't cover everything. People would still need supplemental insurance.
2) There weren't the votes for it. Conyers's bill died in committee.

Counter-factuals are fun, but reality is what matters.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Fun Trump page. - (mmoffitt) - (61)
         pretty much. Same folks dismissing his run against Clinton - (boxley) - (60)
             The GOP primary has provided... - (rcareaga) - (59)
                 I've been rolling this "lesser evil" thing around in my head. - (mmoffitt) - (57)
                     I don't view it as Loyalty... - (Another Scott) - (56)
                         what Scott said and furthermore - (rcareaga) - (55)
                             rolling back of such social gains as have been made the past twenty-five years Really? name a few - (boxley) - (54)
                                 Re: rolling back of such social gains as have been made the past twenty-five years Really? name a fe - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                     Why Cruz is worse than Trump - (jake123) - (10)
                                         Good points, but... - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                             The SCOTUS issue is a non-starter after pro-Super Pac Merrick Garland. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                 SCOTUS decides hundreds of cases a year. Purity kills. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                     Point: Merrick *IS* the kind of Justice we're supposed to fear. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                         Re: Point: Merrick *IS* the kind of Justice we're supposed to fear. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                             He had Orrin Hatch's support? Well, that makes him less onerous. NOT. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 Keep flailing. That'll get Roy Moore on the SCOTUS faster!!1 -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 Significantly better than Scalia and progress in the right direction - (malraux) - (2)
                                                     Goering over Adolph then. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                         *roll* - (malraux)
                                 Re: rolling back of such social gains...? - (rcareaga) - (41)
                                     Wow. The ACA was a "social gain"? - (mmoffitt) - (40)
                                         This is just stupid - (jake123) - (11)
                                             what is even more stupid is that medicare for all could have been passed with adding a 5% - (boxley) - (10)
                                                 It would only work if you could get the law passed - (drook) - (8)
                                                     Conyers gave it a shot in 2009. It died in committee (as it always does). -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                         Liar - (drook) - (1)
                                                             Ack! You have cut me to the bone!!11 -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                     33 million still have no insurance. HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                         Re: 33 million still have no insurance. HTH. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Um, Bernie Sanders? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                         Presidents don't pass laws -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                             Right. - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Re: what is even more stupid is that medicare for all could have been passed with adding a 5% - (Another Scott)
                                         Re: Wow. The ACA was a "social gain"? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Um, no. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                 Re: Um, no. - (Another Scott)
                                         odd way of putting it - (rcareaga) - (24)
                                             I predicted on this very board that Obama would raise that false equivalence... - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                                                 speaking of inanity - (rcareaga) - (6)
                                                     Show me the equivalent Federal Penalty for not buying a car. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                         Roberts addressed this in 2012 - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                             but they swore it was not a tax on the american people? So the tax is on top of - (boxley)
                                                             Man, you're agreeing with some interesting folks these days. Roberts? Really? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                 Recognizing reality is a helpful way to get through life. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     Heh. I think a "tax" you pay ONLY when you don't do something is a fine. ;0) - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Nobody's "forced to purchase health insurance". - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                                     Ah. I see. A federal fine is no injury at all. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                         It used to be a federal law... - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                             I'm not voting against her, I'm voting for someone committed to universal healthcare. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                                                 That's fine in the primary. Vote the party in the general... -NT - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                                     Here's your sign. :0) - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                                         I don't have a problem with that. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                             No. But it's not as unpossible as you've suggested either. ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                                 I think we've been through this before. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                                     I suspect this thread will wind down - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                                                                         We do well here. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                             Hats off to you both. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                                 obviously I haven't read *all* your posts - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                                                                                     Thank you. Awfully kind of you. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                                     Well said. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             nope, you can do what million s of poor americans and illegals do. Drive without it. - (boxley)
                 you photoshopped a picture of him on the crapper? -NT - (boxley)

This is nothing compared to Grand Theft Auto III, because you can't steal a taxi cab, pick up somebody, then drive into the ocean with him.
156 ms