IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New FWIW
I think it actually goes the other way. Those of us not in the South are the ones who see it.
--

Drew
New There's that oversimplification again.
Yankees tend to believe all Southerners are racists and that even if not all of us are, then those of us who aren't willfully ignore it. People are people. Racism isn't a regional problem, it's a national disgrace. I'm being as honest as I can possibly be when I say that I've encountered more racism in the supposedly enlightened North than I ever did in Blowing Rock, Boone, Canton or Asheville. And it is vastly more sinister up here. Down South, the ignorant racists are plainly visible and do not hide their racism. Up here, it is hidden away until an All White gathering is available. Then the fangs come out. Down South, I never met a racist college graduate. Up here, I've met only a handful of college graduates who aren't as racist as any hood wearing Klansman I ever encountered down South. The difference is, up here, they're more polished. Up here, they know how to talk in polite company.
New Indiana is still "the South" as far as I'm concerned.
Different folk down there. I've been to plenty "All White Gatherings" and have never seen the fangs come out in Michigan or Illinois.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New when did indiana seceed from the union? "Michissippi indeed
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
Expand Edited by boxley June 20, 2015, 12:15:57 PM EDT
New Talking about my experience.
Indiana is quite a bit more hick and backwards than downstate Michigan.
Regards,
-scott
New so hick and backwards michigan is south? sounds like yankee privilege :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New NFC what you mean.
Northern Michigan is white trash and hick. Southern Michigan is quite a bit more cosmopolitan. Indiana is more like northern Michigan, but with a southern flavor.
Regards,
-scott
New Well, maybe you're "polite company." ;0)
     hey, mmoffitt - (rcareaga) - (38)
         why the kid was following california chuck's play wasnt he? not confederate at all - (boxley) - (11)
             sorry forgot an ob "can you dig it" -NT - (boxley)
             THAT was one of your poorest trolls EVER -NT - (hnick) - (9)
                 not a troll. A manson wannabee by his own words -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                     O...M...G - (hnick) - (7)
                         Re: O...M...G - (boxley) - (6)
                             Re: O...M...G - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                 edit adding another link - (boxley) - (3)
                                     Oooh. Quantum entaglement. I'm convinced. ;-) Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         thought you would like them :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                     Mr. Illuminati Guy seems sharp enough.. - (Ashton)
                             Not precisely the same - (hnick)
         Nothing at all. - (malraux)
         Soldiers aren't Politicians. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
             FWIW - (drook) - (7)
                 There's that oversimplification again. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                     Indiana is still "the South" as far as I'm concerned. - (malraux) - (5)
                         when did indiana seceed from the union? "Michissippi indeed - (boxley) - (3)
                             Talking about my experience. - (malraux) - (2)
                                 so hick and backwards michigan is south? sounds like yankee privilege :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     NFC what you mean. - (malraux)
                         Well, maybe you're "polite company." ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Kerry Reid would like a word. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                 As I hope you know, I do not support religious symbols on government property. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                     People are taught how to hate. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                         yup taught indeed -NT - (boxley)
                         What would you say to Edgerton and the Hervey brothers? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                             No real distribution is an ideal gaussian. There are always outliers. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 The victors always write the history books. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     Another good book, mentioned here before. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         lets not leave out the californians - (boxley)
                             Read "Uncle Tom's Cabin"! - (a6l6e6x)
                         All definitively covered in 'South Pacific' - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Yup. That song was in the back of my head writing my comment. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Alas.. 'information technology' guarantees that exp-increasing Noise is easier and cheaper - (Ashton)
             Counterpoint. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 stand watie was neither white or conscripted - (boxley) - (1)
                     Neither was Ely Parker. - (Another Scott)

Resistance is useless. You will assimilate us.
149 ms