IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New and something I notice about English
Except for the emphasized syllabal and any final vowel, the the vowel sounds are rather de-emphasized (at least to my ears). ("Long vowels" may be exceptions.)

Thus, you could have emphusized, emphisized, emphosized, emphusized, etc., and most people would pronounce them the same under *normal* speach. Thus, perhaps we should have a generic vowel:

pr*nounced

emph*sized

moos*l*ni.....well, okay, moos*lini.

Anybody with me to overhaul English? I like to FIX stupid things instead of live with them. Well, except for Windows :-)
many teachers are, teachers in SOFLA are convinced that whole language where spelling doesnt matter so you are not alone. However since I consider my posts visual speech I rarely check spelling or punctuation. If I was submitting a document instead I would check both.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Axe me about eubonics. :)
Alex

Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not certain about the universe.
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
New putting letters in my mouth
>> many teachers are, teachers in SOFLA are convinced that whole language where spelling doesnt matter so you are not alone. <<

I am saying spelling wouldn't *have to* matter if we went with a purely phonetic system. There are no spelling bees in Spanish speaking countries because you don't need them.

(This is off-topic, but where should it be moved?)
--
Peter
Shill For Hire
     Am I the only one whose comapany is hiring? - (DonRichards) - (27)
         Might be... - (addison)
         Well, actually... - (jlalexander) - (15)
             Sounds cool - (SpiceWare)
             choice: Pepsi or Coke - (tablizer) - (13)
                 ffs - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Good Point - (deSitter)
                 I'm amazed you can spell "Hitler" - but "Mousilini"?!? - (CRConrad) - (10)
                     Lysdexia can be an asset. (But just for.. some artists.) -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                         That would be dicraphia, no? -NT - (Arkadiy)
                     I've always heard it with an "i" sound -NT - (tablizer) - (5)
                         and something I notice about English - (tablizer) - (4)
                             so you are in favor of eubonics? :) - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Axe me about eubonics. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 putting letters in my mouth - (tablizer)
                             Er - (pwhysall)
                     That's Moosolini - (mhuber) - (1)
                         Moose salami? Never tried it in a hogey -NT - (tablizer)
         It depends on the company - (orion) - (1)
             and Industry - (SpiceWare)
         Around here... - (admin)
         Speaking from the technical education industry.. - (tjsinclair) - (3)
             Re: Speaking from the technical education industry.. - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 What you might want to do - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                     Been looking - (tuberculosis)
         Hrm... - (Yendor) - (2)
             I think you've nailed it - (DonRichards) - (1)
                 Also private/public ownership may make a difference - (tonytib)

From Cap'n Billy's Whizz Bang!
89 ms