IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think you've nailed it
The correlation between a large metro area and a tech staffing glut. Here in Champaign the comapanies are all smaller and the whole town is much more of an education based economy. Lots of companies started by ex-U of I-ers (Spyglass anyone?) with a true weirdness in staffing. Tons of students able to work short hours during the school year. But getting people with experience who are willing to live here year-round is another story.
"When it crosses my mind to do something, I don't ask why, I ask why not. And usually there's no reason not to, so I just go ahead. It's given me the strangest collection of hats"
New Also private/public ownership may make a difference
For example, we're quoting an expensive machine for a midwestern filter company. They don't seem to be affected by the high tech slowdown; maybe part of it is that private companies (they are private) aren't affected as much by stock market woes, along with the different market (although filters are used extensively by high tech, e.g. for cleanrooms and high purity chemicals).

Tony
     Am I the only one whose comapany is hiring? - (DonRichards) - (27)
         Might be... - (addison)
         Well, actually... - (jlalexander) - (15)
             Sounds cool - (SpiceWare)
             choice: Pepsi or Coke - (tablizer) - (13)
                 ffs - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Good Point - (deSitter)
                 I'm amazed you can spell "Hitler" - but "Mousilini"?!? - (CRConrad) - (10)
                     Lysdexia can be an asset. (But just for.. some artists.) -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                         That would be dicraphia, no? -NT - (Arkadiy)
                     I've always heard it with an "i" sound -NT - (tablizer) - (5)
                         and something I notice about English - (tablizer) - (4)
                             so you are in favor of eubonics? :) - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Axe me about eubonics. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 putting letters in my mouth - (tablizer)
                             Er - (pwhysall)
                     That's Moosolini - (mhuber) - (1)
                         Moose salami? Never tried it in a hogey -NT - (tablizer)
         It depends on the company - (orion) - (1)
             and Industry - (SpiceWare)
         Around here... - (admin)
         Speaking from the technical education industry.. - (tjsinclair) - (3)
             Re: Speaking from the technical education industry.. - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 What you might want to do - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                     Been looking - (tuberculosis)
         Hrm... - (Yendor) - (2)
             I think you've nailed it - (DonRichards) - (1)
                 Also private/public ownership may make a difference - (tonytib)