IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah, but when all they've got to export is sand...
...and fundamentalism, where is that educated and comfortable middle-class going to come from? As I understood it, they're not building one even now, while they still do have oil.

Oh, OK, you mean as *the rest of the world* goes middle class, there won't be any markets for them to export it to? Yeah, let's at least hope so... But the Middle Easterners will still have an abundant supply, should any part of the world ever run out.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New I wouldn't look for an enlightened Middle Class here.
The middle class here (such as it is) cannot afford education. Our right wing governors are busy privatizing K-12 education and post-secondary educations (even at state universities) are becoming well out of reach of the middle class here.

Caveat: the solution here is consistent with our government's solution for everything - have college students start their death spiral of debt to Wall Street banksters even before they graduate. That's "working" for now, but I don't think it will last.
     Obama's speech. - (Another Scott) - (40)
         Our policy on Syria is as misguided as ... - (mmoffitt)
         I like Putin's response - (boxley) - (38)
             You beat me. I just read it. - (mmoffitt)
             Glad the two are getting along better.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 here, have a united fruit, you will feel better -NT - (boxley)
             I'd be more impressed if Obama could have an opinion piece.. - (a6l6e6x) - (34)
                 "The arms merchant to despots of the world . . . " - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     US does the high end stuff. :) - (a6l6e6x)
                 Even if he makes some good points... - (Another Scott) - (31)
                     Going off-piste a bit: China owns the USA - (pwhysall) - (24)
                         Two things: - (CRConrad) - (13)
                             On B) - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                 No, of course I don't know. Because, after all... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     Poms, saffas, windians, injuns and convicts, that's who. - (pwhysall)
                                 Cricket: CalvinBall with big sticks and sweaters. -NT - (malraux) - (6)
                                     'Xackly. Almost as weird as, say, baseball. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     :-) - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                         That's Enough.. to quell any further delving here. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         Not difficult - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                             How many wickets must he knock down for a strike? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 A googlie of them. HTH! -NT - (Another Scott)
                             On A) - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Yeah, but when all they've got to export is sand... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     I wouldn't look for an enlightened Middle Class here. - (mmoffitt)
                         Disagree, at least in emphasis. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                             What makes you say that? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 Depends on the time scale. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Japan is just fine. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Heh. - (Another Scott)
                             Norway is very different from the sandy oily countries - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 Good points. - (Another Scott)
                                 In its defense-as opposed to Norway-Saudi is pretty great... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                     rofl. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Re: In its defense-as opposed to Norway-Saudi is pretty grea - (folkert)
                     How now? - (hnick) - (5)
                         See my reply to Peter. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             I too retain adequate-'faith' in his Character - (Ashton)
                             I don't see how he can have it both ways. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 It goes back to the War Powers Resolution - (Another Scott)
                                 Operative words here, 'in this case' are not weasel-words - (Ashton)

We are trying to save children from evil forces. This wisdom tooth is not a good sign.
61 ms