IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New On B)
notsureifserious.gif

You certainly don't have much contact with saffas, injuns, windians or convicts if you think that's the case.
New No, of course I don't know. Because, after all...
...who gives a fuck?
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Poms, saffas, windians, injuns and convicts, that's who.
Even the jockanesians and oirish are trying to get in on it.
New Cricket: CalvinBall with big sticks and sweaters.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New 'Xackly. Almost as weird as, say, baseball.
New :-)
I've tried to watch some matches occasionally, and I've skimmed through the rules on Wikipedia, but its very very strange.

The bowler can't/must have a bend in his arm? WTF? And there was some famous bowler who had a birth defect that made his deformity perfect to satisfy the rule or something...

Yeah, this guy (or someone like him) - http://static.espncr...et-on-Murali.html

The jargon is a little thick on that page, though:

The most bizarre irony in world cricket is that the brilliant Sri Lankan spinner Muttiah Muralitharan is perhaps the only Test slow bowler on Planet Earth who legitimately bowls the off-spinner's wrongun, the "doosra". Does Pakistan's Saqlain or India's Harbijhan really bowl the other one? Or is their method of delivering the doosra acheieved with a flawed action?

Um, what?

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New That's Enough.. to quell any further delving here.
New Not difficult
The bowler must bowl the ball, not throw it.
New How many wickets must he knock down for a strike?
New A googlie of them. HTH!
     Obama's speech. - (Another Scott) - (40)
         Our policy on Syria is as misguided as ... - (mmoffitt)
         I like Putin's response - (boxley) - (38)
             You beat me. I just read it. - (mmoffitt)
             Glad the two are getting along better.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 here, have a united fruit, you will feel better -NT - (boxley)
             I'd be more impressed if Obama could have an opinion piece.. - (a6l6e6x) - (34)
                 "The arms merchant to despots of the world . . . " - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     US does the high end stuff. :) - (a6l6e6x)
                 Even if he makes some good points... - (Another Scott) - (31)
                     Going off-piste a bit: China owns the USA - (pwhysall) - (24)
                         Two things: - (CRConrad) - (13)
                             On B) - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                 No, of course I don't know. Because, after all... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     Poms, saffas, windians, injuns and convicts, that's who. - (pwhysall)
                                 Cricket: CalvinBall with big sticks and sweaters. -NT - (malraux) - (6)
                                     'Xackly. Almost as weird as, say, baseball. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     :-) - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                         That's Enough.. to quell any further delving here. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         Not difficult - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                             How many wickets must he knock down for a strike? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 A googlie of them. HTH! -NT - (Another Scott)
                             On A) - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Yeah, but when all they've got to export is sand... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     I wouldn't look for an enlightened Middle Class here. - (mmoffitt)
                         Disagree, at least in emphasis. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                             What makes you say that? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 Depends on the time scale. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Japan is just fine. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Heh. - (Another Scott)
                             Norway is very different from the sandy oily countries - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 Good points. - (Another Scott)
                                 In its defense-as opposed to Norway-Saudi is pretty great... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                     rofl. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Re: In its defense-as opposed to Norway-Saudi is pretty grea - (folkert)
                     How now? - (hnick) - (5)
                         See my reply to Peter. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             I too retain adequate-'faith' in his Character - (Ashton)
                             I don't see how he can have it both ways. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 It goes back to the War Powers Resolution - (Another Scott)
                                 Operative words here, 'in this case' are not weasel-words - (Ashton)

We have a moral imperative.
75 ms