IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Norway is very different from the sandy oily countries
Tiny population, long history of parliamentary democracy, very low levels of poverty, massively high standards of living, highly-developed infrastructure, incredibly liberal; basically, if you're not one of those folks who's entirely too interested in the bedroom and bodily habits of other people, it's an all-around great place to live. As long as you like rain.

Compare to somewhere like Saudi Arabia:

Big population, only existed since 1932, huge levels of poverty, wildly varying standards of living, no real infrastructure outside the cities, as uptight as a gnat's chuff about absolutely everything, dreadful human rights record, and if you're not a rich male Arabic-speaking Muslim, a right shithole in which to live.
New Good points.
But things don't change unless people change them. Money is a big enabler if used wisely was my main point. It's hard to do, especially given all the problems you mention, but it can be done.

Cheers,
Scott.
New In its defense-as opposed to Norway-Saudi is pretty great...
...if you *don't* like rain. ;-/
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New rofl.
New Re: In its defense-as opposed to Norway-Saudi is pretty grea
Hey... Saudi Arabia can "pound sand all day long" for all I care.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
     Obama's speech. - (Another Scott) - (40)
         Our policy on Syria is as misguided as ... - (mmoffitt)
         I like Putin's response - (boxley) - (38)
             You beat me. I just read it. - (mmoffitt)
             Glad the two are getting along better.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 here, have a united fruit, you will feel better -NT - (boxley)
             I'd be more impressed if Obama could have an opinion piece.. - (a6l6e6x) - (34)
                 "The arms merchant to despots of the world . . . " - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     US does the high end stuff. :) - (a6l6e6x)
                 Even if he makes some good points... - (Another Scott) - (31)
                     Going off-piste a bit: China owns the USA - (pwhysall) - (24)
                         Two things: - (CRConrad) - (13)
                             On B) - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                 No, of course I don't know. Because, after all... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     Poms, saffas, windians, injuns and convicts, that's who. - (pwhysall)
                                 Cricket: CalvinBall with big sticks and sweaters. -NT - (malraux) - (6)
                                     'Xackly. Almost as weird as, say, baseball. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     :-) - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                         That's Enough.. to quell any further delving here. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         Not difficult - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                             How many wickets must he knock down for a strike? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 A googlie of them. HTH! -NT - (Another Scott)
                             On A) - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Yeah, but when all they've got to export is sand... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     I wouldn't look for an enlightened Middle Class here. - (mmoffitt)
                         Disagree, at least in emphasis. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                             What makes you say that? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 Depends on the time scale. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Japan is just fine. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Heh. - (Another Scott)
                             Norway is very different from the sandy oily countries - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 Good points. - (Another Scott)
                                 In its defense-as opposed to Norway-Saudi is pretty great... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                     rofl. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Re: In its defense-as opposed to Norway-Saudi is pretty grea - (folkert)
                     How now? - (hnick) - (5)
                         See my reply to Peter. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             I too retain adequate-'faith' in his Character - (Ashton)
                             I don't see how he can have it both ways. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 It goes back to the War Powers Resolution - (Another Scott)
                                 Operative words here, 'in this case' are not weasel-words - (Ashton)

Hey, they have color-coded detours here.
56 ms