IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Things are boring in a binary world.
Nice headline, there. :-/ The article is a mess.

This article isn't: http://www.prospect....bating_our_debate

Life isn't binary.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Tell that stuff to the sheriff
who's off pinning this on Rush now.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Gimme a full quote and a linky and maybe we'll talk.
New Look it up. Front page stuff
"[Limbaugh] attacks people, angers them against government, angers them against elected officials and that kind of behavior in my opinion is not without consequences."

this "evidence please" shtick is getting tiresome when evidence is either 1) already posted or 2) on the front page of every news outlet.

Try ABC News.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Don't ask me to do your homework. Don't work that way.
New for someone who claims to be in touch
you dont read newspapers or watch tv apparently because that story is being blared on cnn msnbc as well as faux
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New I'll help you out.
You're throwing around a lot of strawmen recently. :-( You and Beep playing tag team?

http://abcnews.go.co...story?id=12583285

Was that so hard, Beep?

The man has an opinion. Imagine that.

Here's the full statement:

"The kind of rhetoric that flows from people like Rush Limbaugh, in my judgment he is irresponsible, uses partial information, sometimes wrong information," Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said today. "[Limbaugh] attacks people, angers them against government, angers them against elected officials and that kind of behavior in my opinion is not without consequences."

Connect the dots for me. How is this inflammatory? How is this and example of the things being criticized in the TAP piece?

Here's some of what Rush has apparently said recently - http://www.cbsnews.c...28078-503544.html

Oh, but they're all the same. Right?

<sheesh>

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who is home today, waiting for the furnace repair man...)
New at home no heat? Yuk
is our storm there yet, decided to start sleeting again here and I am getting low on cigarettes :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Just flurries. More to start around 3pm. Only 1-3" expected.
New He certainly does.
and so do alot of other folks. And their opinion is >conveniently< that its all the fault of conservatives and the tea party.

And then you link to Rush, who on this point, I am in complete agreement with. What is happening now on the left is political profiteering. The kind they (naturally) consistently blame the other side for doing.

Yes, they are all the same. You are the one who can't seem to figure that out. (or perhaps you think the goading he was getting by his interviewer was just "good news gathering").
New Here's the sherriff's press conference
from the weekend:

http://crooksandliar...resser-010811.wmv

In case it doesn't play right, here's the source article containing the 7 minute video:

http://crooksandliar...ik-calls-out-vitr

NOWHERE during the news conference does he mention Rush, Republicans or conservatives.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New yesterdays links
http://www.ajc.com/n...-feud-801012.html
"The kind of rhetoric that flows from Rush Limbaugh, in my judgment he is irresponsible, uses partial information, sometimes wrong information," Dupnik said in the interview. "[Limbaugh] attacks people, angers them against government, angers them against elected officials and that kind of behavior in my opinion is not without consequences."
political hackery
New What did the sherriff say that was incorrect?
go to www.mediamatters.com and search on stories about Rush. you'll get over 170 pages of stories posting audio, video and transcripts of the stuff Rush says almost daily on his show.

Or are you saying that the sheriff doesn't have a First Amendment right to voice his opinion?

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New sure, political hackery is allowed, just dont deny it
New Of course you don't see it
because you obviously think it. You are sold, hook line and sinker, that this is all the conservatives fault. If Rush and Sarah weren't around, this guy would have never been a loon and shot someone.

Go ahead, admit it, thats your opinion...and his.

Regardless of the fact that this guy was not a follower of theirs, probably never listened to a Limbaugh show ever...probably the only time he dealt with Palin was in the viral image of her in a bikini with an assault rifle...

But its all their fault. Talk radio and conservatives. If we'd only bring the Fairness Doctrine back into full force, none of this would ever happen.

Heard it all over the past couple of days...its ok for you to admit it.
New Yeah, you know, we have
bought it. Most of the Western world has bought it. Doesn't that give you and Box some pause?
New not joining the lemmings? No worries here
New Most of the western world?
getting a little full of ourselves, are we?

No, they haven't. Left side blogs and Chris Matthews not-withstanding.
New ya know jake, when an anarchist nihilist takes up arms
the facists are not always the instigators, just a side note mind ya jumper to conclusionist you
http://www.nytimes.c...pagewanted=1&_r=1
The new details from Mr. Gutierrez about Mr. Loughner — including his philosophy of anarchy and his expertise with a handgun, suggest that the earliest signs of behavior that may have ultimately led to the attacks started several years ago.
New I guess not.
New On "most of the western world"
http://www.usnews.co...r-tucson-shooting

Run rate on that poll is 75% no. So I would say your "most" may need a further qualification.

Every other poll I've seen today also is majority no.

So, you may want to recalibrate.
New The Western world
includes Western Europe, Canada, the US, Australia, Mexico, parts of South and Central America, and parts of Africa.

You really need to get out more.
New So far the polling data in >this< part of the western world
disagrees with you strongly.

And so does, at least, portions of the UK press corp...since the Mail is a brit rag, not a US rag.
New In the UK, the Daily Mail
is pretty much in the same category as the National Enquirer in the US.
New Re: In the UK, the Daily Mail
From comments in Le Monde

Evidemment Sarah Palin n’a incité personne à utiliser les armes, les accusations qui la visent sont scandaleuses : la fusillade est l’acte d’un déséquilibré comme il y en a eu tant auparavant. De la calomnie politique pure et simple. Les démocrates pourrissent eux-mêmes le débat politique. La gauche, où qu’elle soit, a toujours tenté de disqualifier ses adversaires par l’invective, cela permet d’éviter l’argumentation : fascistes, racistes, beaufs… alors pourquoi pas incitateurs d’assassinats!

http://www.lemonde.f...1464900_3222.html

And again, your "most of the western world" is disqualified...but feel free to stick with it...turnabout can be fair play (meaning I can be stubborn in the face of evidence to the contrary too :-)
New Dude, I'm not saying it's her fault
directly, I'm saying that the full spectrum of violence-laden speech is the problem.

Nice strawman there.
New bookmarked, he admits it :-)
New You really should go read about Radio Rwanda
New and if you dont think the left does it too
http://radiotime.com..._Rhodes_Show.aspx catch her show, she is a lot of fun to listen too and way over the top of rush
New Yeah, more evidence that your culture
is fucked. She called two people whores. That's not the same thing as calling the president a kenyan usurper out to destroy Real Americans, and we need to consider 2nd amendment remedies when we lose.

Give me a fucking break, box.
New ? WTF are you talking about?
She has called for the death of bush cheney, wanted (gingrich?} raped etc. More over the top than Palin at her best when I used to listen to her show in west palm. I doubt she has toned it down much since
New I blame Howard Stern.
Ever since he started talking about lesbians on the air, all hell has broken loose.
New And I and others are saying its not
including the folks that knew the guy to be apolitical (left v right).

She was authority...not r or d...the political rhetoric was not an issue here, nor in OKC, nor in the attempt on Reagan etc. These folks had their own agenda, fueled by their own particular psychosis.

The more they research, the more it appears this guy picked her because of a mass mailing...not because of shows like "Crossfire".

Would it be nicer if everyone was nice to each other all the time? Sure. Would this not have happened? Wishful thinking.
New Validation...
http://www.mediabist...d-the-news_b48040

Hrm...seems he didn't watch the news, or listen to talk radio...

I hate being right.
New it doesnt matter that he didnt listen to news or talk radio
its still palin's and the conservatives fault and they should be stopped, right jake?
New Actually, its even better...
http://www.rushlimba...125106.guest.html

Forgive the Rush site link...easier than finding the ABC link that's buried...

So Ms. Banfield, another portion of her interview with Zach Osler. After Osler said that Loughner wasn't on the left or on the right, never listened to political radio, Ashley Banfield said...

BANFIELD: Instead he points to this online documentary series called Zeitgeist as the gas on Loughner's fire. It's a documentary movement that rails on currency-based economics.

OSLER: I really think that this is Zeitgeist documentary had a profound impact upon Jared Loughner's mind-set and how he viewed the world that he lives in.

RUSH: It wasn't just Zeitgeist. " According to reports, Loughner's favorites included little-known conspiracy theory documentaries such as 'Zeitgeist' and 'Loose Change' as well as ... 'Donnie Darko' and 'A Scanner Darkly.'" Now, Zeitgeist is "a 2007 documentary that asserts Jesus Christ is a myth, that 9/11 was orchestrated by the government, and that bankers manipulate the international monetary system and the media in order to consolidate power." So a conspiracy movie (put together by deranged leftists, it turns out) appears to be, according to his best friend, the most influential media of this young man's life. "'Loose Change' is a series of films released between 2005 and 2009 which argue that the September 11, 2001 attacks were planned and conducted by elements within the United States government..."

Those sound like some hard core conservative and/or Tea Party references...don't they?
New Re: Of course you don't see it
If the eliminationist rhetoric that the mouthpieces on Faux Noise have been spewing for the past several years, why are they so quick to jump on the defensive since last Saturday? Even better, if Sarah Palin believes that her words have no effect on whackjobs who grab a gun and go kill a Democratic Congresswoman, why then have her people been scrubbing her web site since Sunday?

* Her tweet about "Don't retreat, Reload"? GONE.
* Her page with the 20 Democratic districts, with each district overlaid with a gun crosshairs target, and a list of the Democratic Congressmen? GONE.
* Her twee after the November 2010 election specifically saying that they WERE targets, and not "surveyor symbols" as she's now trying to peddle? GONE.

Good thing that Google's cache has ALL OF THEM archived so that they can be re-posted throughout the blog-o-sphere for everyone to see.

-- E.L. Doctorow
New That is simply priceless.
Simple good taste now an act of malice.

Proof positive!
New yeah, ya have to go to the cache
to get the democratic maps with bomb sites on republican districts now as well
New The line I've bought, hook line and sinker,
is that words have meanings and consequences.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New You have to hear them.
or we're having the philosophical discussion about trees falling in the woods.

Last I checked, not one Republican or Tea Party member has ever brought forth that government is forcing mind control on us through use of grammar and currency.

If you can find that...let me know. Otherwise...y'all are casting blame at your most convenient political opponent...with no regard for the reality of this specific incident.
     The Mail gets it right - (beepster) - (46)
         Things are boring in a binary world. - (Another Scott) - (40)
             Tell that stuff to the sheriff - (beepster) - (39)
                 Gimme a full quote and a linky and maybe we'll talk. -NT - (Another Scott) - (38)
                     Look it up. Front page stuff - (beepster) - (37)
                         Don't ask me to do your homework. Don't work that way. -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
                             for someone who claims to be in touch - (boxley) - (4)
                                 I'll help you out. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                     at home no heat? Yuk - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Just flurries. More to start around 3pm. Only 1-3" expected. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     He certainly does. - (beepster)
                         Here's the sherriff's press conference - (lincoln) - (30)
                             yesterdays links - (boxley) - (29)
                                 What did the sherriff say that was incorrect? - (lincoln) - (28)
                                     sure, political hackery is allowed, just dont deny it -NT - (boxley)
                                     Of course you don't see it - (beepster) - (26)
                                         Yeah, you know, we have - (jake123) - (17)
                                             not joining the lemmings? No worries here -NT - (boxley)
                                             Most of the western world? - (beepster)
                                             ya know jake, when an anarchist nihilist takes up arms - (boxley)
                                             I guess not. -NT - (jake123) - (13)
                                                 On "most of the western world" - (beepster) - (12)
                                                     The Western world - (jake123) - (11)
                                                         So far the polling data in >this< part of the western world - (beepster) - (10)
                                                             In the UK, the Daily Mail - (jake123) - (9)
                                                                 Re: In the UK, the Daily Mail - (beepster) - (8)
                                                                     Dude, I'm not saying it's her fault - (jake123) - (7)
                                                                         bookmarked, he admits it :-) -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                             You really should go read about Radio Rwanda -NT - (jake123) - (4)
                                                                                 and if you dont think the left does it too - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                     Yeah, more evidence that your culture - (jake123) - (2)
                                                                                         ? WTF are you talking about? - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                             I blame Howard Stern. - (beepster)
                                                                         And I and others are saying its not - (beepster)
                                         Validation... - (beepster) - (2)
                                             it doesnt matter that he didnt listen to news or talk radio - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 Actually, its even better... - (beepster)
                                         Re: Of course you don't see it - (lincoln) - (2)
                                             That is simply priceless. - (beepster)
                                             yeah, ya have to go to the cache - (boxley)
                                         The line I've bought, hook line and sinker, - (mhuber) - (1)
                                             You have to hear them. - (beepster)
         Re: The Mail gets it right - (lincoln) - (4)
             so they should be silenced? - (boxley) - (3)
                 But it's ok with you if they make political hay? - (lincoln) - (1)
                     off of your attacks? They need funds to defend themselves - (boxley)
                 Heck No they shouldn't be silenced! - (mmoffitt)

She's like a little piece of shrapnel inextricably lodged in the body politic.
119 ms