IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ok, I think I see what you're doing.
You apparently have a problem with this criticism of her comments, and haven't expressed much of an opinion on what she actually said. But you're being coy about it (to stir the pot perhaps?).

Let's look at The Mirror quote again:

8. "They're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." Getting the vice president's constituitional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does. Interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008

Her first clause is wrong. The VP is not now "in charge" of the Senate in any meaningful sense. S/he breaks ties on the floor - that's it. Her second clause is wrong. The VP can't make policy changes.

The Mirror's comment that she gets the VP's constitutional role wrong is correct. Neither she nor the Mirror were talking about the original Constitution or what VPs did 200 years ago. She was talking about what a VP could do in the present tense.

She's made roughly the same comment on at least 2 occasions - and in neither one was she talking about the original VP role.

Why the misdirection, Beep?

Someone running for VP really should know, and be able to articulate, what the job entails now, shouldn't they?

Cheers,
Scott.
New And she did
in the debates.

So why keep harping on an answer to a 3rd grader?

And in the quote she said >work with the Senators< to get policy changes. She didn't say "I can make policy changes". Again, you look for an issue and find it,whether its actually there or not. Are you saying that the VP can't work with Senate to craft legislation that the Senators then can pass or not? Sounds to me like you are.

My responses contain no more misdirection that the criticisms.
New We'll have to agree to disagree.
New What fun is that?
New Barking at the moon
About as productive as imagining that the beeopster might ever concur that a manifestly unprepared (and perhaps unpreparable) 'candidate' was/Is: a manifestly unprepared candidate. Hmmmm.. just.. maybe.. a Real Brain, only needs polishing.
Could Happen, eh? Like say, Armageddon? Let's put it this way, beepster -

You are here seriously defending the character/competence/Possibilities of this individual, as-if all discernible negatives derive mainly from the politically-motivated or ignorance-spawned SPIN of various meeja parties
(MSM, Librul-'press' ... W.T.F. is your fav exculpatory snark.)

In all this specious What-If? minutiae, attached to profound analysis of veep-dom, back to the Federalist Papers -- that which you suggest ""Maaay.." Be the underpinning of her so-overtly incoherent remarks on the topic.

The implication is obvious:
You are, in-effect maintaining that S.P. is/was could-be a Contender for National Office.
(If, perhaps only? she do a 4-year crash-course in basic civics, geography, geopolitics, history, science, syntax and the rest of a BA curriculum - real soon.)

Your 'analysis' is thus, in-credible, exactly as limned so well by drook. This, in that you ascribe no ability to each individual here (or anywhere) to observe, listen, deduce and -in many cases- fairly conclude from this process, that:

This is a lightweight; this is a person whose uncuriosity matches or even exceeds that of GW Bush, formerly the Platinum Standard of dis-Interest in finding-out-stuff. This is a person who babbles / fills space randomly -- whenever encountering a question about which she apparently comprehends near-Nothing. (And such questions have been seen to be: many and varied.)
We. Saw. Them. Posed. and 'answered.' Remember?

En fin - this is a one who has been shown to dissemble, then deny what she has just said! (apparently unaware of the saying of it / or of the meaning of what she just said. Repeatedly.)

People decide from all life experience; we do so, aided by today's unprecedented access to audio/video depictions of the actual person speaking, trying to communicate via all displayed body-language. The noise of the chattering class will count little: when you can SEE for YOURSELF, a person in action.

What *you* have seen, as would follow from any serious acceptance of your postulate:
is that S.P. COULD have managed the Presidency, and within that unKnowable period of McCain's life expectancy.

And since you, much like the Decider, rarely-if-ever? reverse-self, no matter how much contradictory material subsequently surfaces -- I conclude that you see real-Different-ly from most. What I conclude is that your manifestly broken BS-detector outweighs any of your arrogated skillz at abnormal psych evals. I will discount your evaluations accordingly.
As, frequently I do.

(And anticipate your fervid support of the Palin/Cheney ticket in '12, Obama probably having disgraced self by failing to clean the Stables, restore Prosperity and return the Republic to its former pre-'00 semi-pristine $$ condition. While saving the endangered Golden Parachutes from decimation.)
New so sound bytes are us wins over the body of work?
bafflegab where the newsies with marching orders from dear leader would leave kurt vonnegut looking like a deer in headlights, huh and you claim to have read his stuff, apparently you didnt understand it

New Unparseable.
New uncheck yer dear leader tab
New Why yes
All candidates for secondary office must pass the Couric test.

Not knowing when TV was available, or when FDR was elected, or that the host of your event is confined to a wheelchair aren't issues...but if someone can plant a story about your clothes...well DAMN! Gotcha.

Palin on Africa as a country. - (Another Scott) - (61)
         teh funnay, and the true beleivers bought it :-) -NT - (boxley) - (49)
             Of course they did - (beepster) - (46)
                 It got traction because it was almost believable... -NT - (Another Scott) - (45)
                     Depending on your starting point, I guess - (beepster) - (44)
                         Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (43)
                             oh for Obama's sake - (boxley) - (42)
                                 Uhh ... - (drook) - (40)
                                     That reminds me... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Re: That reminds me... Berkeley Breathed employed said - (Ashton)
                                     On Senate role - (beepster) - (37)
                                         Evidence, please. - (Another Scott)
                                         You being facetious? - (drook) - (26)
                                             Re: You being facetious? - (beepster) - (25)
                                                 You're doing it again - (drook) - (11)
                                                     Your taking it as insult is not my problem - (beepster) - (10)
                                                         I'll ask directly, then - (drook) - (9)
                                                             Answered once below, here again - (beepster) - (8)
                                                                 And the rest? - (drook) - (7)
                                                                     What's to stop it? - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                         Further - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                             This prevents it - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                 Fine - (beepster)
                                                                         But that's not the VP's job. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                             she should have just said run the country like cheney does - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                 Readme in my posts. - (Another Scott)
                                                 Um, that article also says that the VP... - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                     who sits in that funny seat at the head of the senchamber? - (boxley) - (11)
                                                         Sitting there doesn't give them power to do anything. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                             On the rules... - (beepster) - (9)
                                                                 doesnt count because palin prolly didnt know that :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     Sure, cause everyone already knows - (beepster)
                                                                 Originally, slavery was legal too. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                     The criticism all said - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                         With a vengeance? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                             You are kidding, right? - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                 Re: You are kidding, right? - (malraux) - (1)
                                                                                     Well said. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                             her youngest child isnt hers! vengeance indeed -NT - (boxley)
                                         Ok, I think I see what you're doing. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                             And she did - (beepster) - (7)
                                                 We'll have to agree to disagree. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     What fun is that? -NT - (beepster)
                                                 Barking at the moon - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                     so sound bytes are us wins over the body of work? - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         Unparseable. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             uncheck yer dear leader tab -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Why yes - (beepster)
                                 There is that Large Hadron Collider Spirit! -NT - (folkert)
             True believers on both sides. - (malraux) - (1)
                 Heh. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Read it more carefully - (rcareaga) - (10)
             Oooh. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 again, no - (rcareaga) - (2)
                     Interesting. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     sullivan is right you know - (boxley)
             Then why all the apologies? - (beepster) - (5)
                 she is country folk, must be backward and ignorant -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     No, she actually sounds ignorant. - (malraux) - (3)
                         stood up to cheney, is that antics of an idiot? - (boxley) - (2)
                             Ignorant != idiot. - (malraux)
                             Re: stood up to cheney, is that antics of an idiot? - (folkert)

Major Allison Digby Tatham-Warter was so absurdly British that you can't even read his name without being compelled to brew a cup of tea.
607 ms