IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oooh.
I guess one could read it that way, but...

http://www.eisenstad...-and-proud-of-it/

:-)

It should be easy enough to check - I wonder if Carl Cameron has been asked about it.

Cheers,
Scott.
New again, no
From the referenced link:

So yes, to be clear, last week I was the one who leaked those things to a producer at Fox News who works with Cameron. Carl and his producers are good guys, and I don’t want them to have to worry about protecting their sources (and going through the wringer ala Judith Miller or Matt Cooper) on something like this.

As you know, I was one of the foreign policy advisers on the McCain campaign who worked with Randy Scheunemann to help prep Sarah on her debate with Joe Biden.

The second paragraph is a demonstrable lie. Why, then, would you believe the first paragraph? This guy (or these guys) have been pranking for months—I first saw some of their stuff being debunked in early summer, as I recall. It has been my understanding from the beginning of this latest kerfluffle that it was "Eisenstadt's" claim to be the origin of the Africa story that was bogus, not necessarily the story itself, although naturally the Palin dead-enders will want to run with the latter interpretation.

Palin herself, incidentally, recently said something to the effect of "As if I didn't know the difference between Africa the continent and Africa the country!" —which speaks volumes right there.

I'll leave the last word to Andrew Sullivan:

Let's be real in a way the national media seems incapable of: this person should never have been placed on a national ticket in a mature democracy. She was incapable of running a town in Alaska competently. The impulsive, unvetted selection of a total unknown, with no knowledge of or interest in the wider world, as a replacement president remains one of the most disturbing events in modern American history. That the press felt required to maintain a facade of normalcy for two months - and not to declare the whole thing a farce from start to finish - is a sign of their total loss of nerve. That the Palin absurdity should follow the two-term presidency of another individual utterly out of his depth in national government is particularly troubling. 46 percent of Americans voted for the possibility of this blank slate as president because she somehow echoed their own sense of religious or cultural "identity". Until we figure out how this happened, we will not be able to prevent it from happening again. And we have to find a way to prevent this from recurring.

It happened because John McCain is an incompetent and a cynic and reckless beyond measure. To have picked someone he'd only met once before, without any serious vetting procedure, revealed McCain as an utterly unserious character, a man whose devotion to the shallowest form of political gamesmanship trumped concern for his country's or his party's interest. We need a full accounting of the vetting process: who was responsible for this act of political malpractice? How could a veep not be vetted in any serious way? Why was she not asked to withdraw as soon as the facts of her massive ignorance and delusional psyche were revealed?

cordially,
New Interesting. Thanks.
New sullivan is right you know
49 percent of Americans voted for the possibility of this blank slate as president because he somehow echoed their own sense of social or cultural "identity".
     Palin on Africa as a country. - (Another Scott) - (61)
         teh funnay, and the true beleivers bought it :-) -NT - (boxley) - (49)
             Of course they did - (beepster) - (46)
                 It got traction because it was almost believable... -NT - (Another Scott) - (45)
                     Depending on your starting point, I guess - (beepster) - (44)
                         Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (43)
                             oh for Obama's sake - (boxley) - (42)
                                 Uhh ... - (drook) - (40)
                                     That reminds me... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Re: That reminds me... Berkeley Breathed employed said - (Ashton)
                                     On Senate role - (beepster) - (37)
                                         Evidence, please. - (Another Scott)
                                         You being facetious? - (drook) - (26)
                                             Re: You being facetious? - (beepster) - (25)
                                                 You're doing it again - (drook) - (11)
                                                     Your taking it as insult is not my problem - (beepster) - (10)
                                                         I'll ask directly, then - (drook) - (9)
                                                             Answered once below, here again - (beepster) - (8)
                                                                 And the rest? - (drook) - (7)
                                                                     What's to stop it? - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                         Further - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                             This prevents it - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                 Fine - (beepster)
                                                                         But that's not the VP's job. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                             she should have just said run the country like cheney does - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                 Readme in my posts. - (Another Scott)
                                                 Um, that article also says that the VP... - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                     who sits in that funny seat at the head of the senchamber? - (boxley) - (11)
                                                         Sitting there doesn't give them power to do anything. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                             On the rules... - (beepster) - (9)
                                                                 doesnt count because palin prolly didnt know that :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     Sure, cause everyone already knows - (beepster)
                                                                 Originally, slavery was legal too. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                     The criticism all said - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                         With a vengeance? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                             You are kidding, right? - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                 Re: You are kidding, right? - (malraux) - (1)
                                                                                     Well said. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                             her youngest child isnt hers! vengeance indeed -NT - (boxley)
                                         Ok, I think I see what you're doing. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                             And she did - (beepster) - (7)
                                                 We'll have to agree to disagree. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     What fun is that? -NT - (beepster)
                                                 Barking at the moon - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                     so sound bytes are us wins over the body of work? - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         Unparseable. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             uncheck yer dear leader tab -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Why yes - (beepster)
                                 There is that Large Hadron Collider Spirit! -NT - (folkert)
             True believers on both sides. - (malraux) - (1)
                 Heh. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Read it more carefully - (rcareaga) - (10)
             Oooh. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 again, no - (rcareaga) - (2)
                     Interesting. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     sullivan is right you know - (boxley)
             Then why all the apologies? - (beepster) - (5)
                 she is country folk, must be backward and ignorant -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     No, she actually sounds ignorant. - (malraux) - (3)
                         stood up to cheney, is that antics of an idiot? - (boxley) - (2)
                             Ignorant != idiot. - (malraux)
                             Re: stood up to cheney, is that antics of an idiot? - (folkert)

Gleefully participating in the heat death of the Universe!
84 ms