IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Of course they did
she's a girl AND a republican. she has to be stupid.
New It got traction because it was almost believable...
New Depending on your starting point, I guess
I'm no great fan, but I didn't believe the Africa claim for a nanosecond. She might have values that people don't like, she might not have the greatest knowledge of all things politic...but she's not downright stupid as MSNBC would like you to believe.
New Dunno.
There's enough on the record stuff to give a person pause. E.g.:

http://www.mirror.co...-115875-20866888/

I was suspicious of the Africa thing since I never saw a direct cite...

Cheers,
Scott.
New oh for Obama's sake
1. where the fuck else do soviet bombers fly along america's coastline, DC?
2. been to greensboro nc lot more real than alice in wonderland dc
3. roe v wade is what she was against, so what was bidens anser to the same question? Oh, I forgot he was on lockdown
4. she didnt want to specify because it would give an attack vector
5. bullshit
6. gowd damn america
7. so what does the veep do every day, undermine the constitution like cheney or not worth a bucket of warm shit like lbj pick one
8. who sits at the front and weilds the gavel and owns the tie breaker in the senate? Pelosi?
9. FDR went on tv when he found out about the depression
10. shrub and the unitary president

yes I know that public school teachers are fucking retarded and both her parents were public school teachers but dont blame Palin for that.
thanx,
bill
New Uhh ...
1. The question was foreign policy experience. What she said was true, but sane people believe it didn't address the question. If it did, then I have medical experience because I drive past a hospital every day.

2. First, define "real." Then explain why opinions commonly held in "real" places count for more.

3. Non-responsive at best.

4. So it's acceptable to avoid attacks by never expressing an opinion? Nor demonstrating that you actually look into issues for yourself?

5. How so?

6. Rollerskate. (Since we're playing "non-sequitur" on this one.)

7. Was that her point? I haven't heard anything from her to suggest that.

8. So "holds the tie breaker" = "in charge of the U.S. Senate"? A power that's been used on average 1.1 times per year in the history of the Senate? That's "in charge"? (ref: http://www.senate.go...ble/Tie_Votes.htm)

9. Rototiller. (More non-sequitur, huh?)

10. I'll give you this one. At least she was accurate in describing her abuse of power.
--

Drew
New That reminds me...
"I like turtles!"

http://www.washingto...id=sec-artsliving

Or, more directly, http://www.youtube.c...tch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: That reminds me... Berkeley Breathed employed said
apercù, in evading questions re. post- Opus' ascent to a lovely idiot-free satori.

Me, I like turtles a lot More after that viewing, on PBS a while back -- of the sadly-unfunded Odyssey of a man dedicated to saving as many of the endangered tortoises as he could. Any idea that these creatures cannot project a ~person(er, turtl-)ality was forever stifled by the photography and dialogue.

(Now I wonder what -in fact- became of his collected labor-of-love, as the last $$ ran out,) Fear to find out that it mirrored the general apathy towards critters-not-Us of this narcissistic kultur. That which values only One's (temporary pet puppy - til he grows up) and then discards the now-Dog to a shelter; gets a new baby-one for little Genghis to play with, for a while more.

I like turtles.
New On Senate role
as President of the Senate perhaps she could have phrased the roll better than saying "in charge" and used the more appropriate "presides over". HOWEVER, the rest of the statement about getting more involved is actually more closely aligned with the constitutional role than the current practice...so those being critical and saying she should read the Constitution...might want to read it and understand it better as well.
Expand Edited by beepster Nov. 13, 2008, 08:22:48 AM EST
New Evidence, please.
beep writes:

HOWEVER, the rest of the statement about getting more involved is actually more closely aligned with the constitutional role than the current practice...so those being critical and saying she should read the Constitution...might want to read it and understand it better as well.

Hmmm.

http://caselaw.lp.fi...tution/article01/

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.

The Senate shall chuse their other Officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the Absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the Office of President of the United States.

Article II doesn't say much about his/her duties, either.

Federalist 68 talks a little about the VP:

http://avalon.law.ya...century/fed68.asp

The Vice-President is to be chosen in the same manner with the President; with this difference, that the Senate is to do, in respect to the former, what is to be done by the House of Representatives, in respect to the latter.

The appointment of an extraordinary person, as Vice-President, has been objected to as superfluous, if not mischievous. It has been alleged, that it would have been preferable to have authorized the Senate to elect out of their own body an officer answering that description. But two considerations seem to justify the ideas of the convention in this respect. One is, that to secure at all times the possibility of a definite resolution of the body, it is necessary that the President should have only a casting vote. And to take the senator of any State from his seat as senator, to place him in that of President of the Senate, would be to exchange, in regard to the State from which he came, a constant for a contingent vote. The other consideration is, that as the Vice-President may occasionally become a substitute for the President, in the supreme executive magistracy, all the reasons which recommend the mode of election prescribed for the one, apply with great if not with equal force to the manner of appointing the other. It is remarkable that in this, as in most other instances, the objection which is made would lie against the constitution of this State. We have a Lieutenant-Governor, chosen by the people at large, who presides in the Senate, and is the constitutional substitute for the Governor, in casualties similar to those which would authorize the Vice-President to exercise the authorities and discharge the duties of the President.

It doesn't sound to me like the VP was intended to "get in there and get their hands dirty drafting legislation and pushing the President's agenda" as Sarah (roughly) put it.

It seems clear to me that the VP was intended to break ties in the Senate, and succeed the President if necessary.

YMMV.

Cheers,
Scott.
New You being facetious?
Are you honestly suggesting that Palin was rejecting decades of precedent to offer a strict constitutionalist view of the duties of the vice president? Am I supposed to believe that you really think that's what she meant?

I don't think you're that stupid. And if you expect me to buy it, you're telling me you think I'm stupid.

That's the problem with what the Republicans/conservatives/far-right have been doing for years that they don't realize: When you say things that you'd clearly have to be stupid to believe, you're insulting those of us who see through it, telling us you think we're stupid enough to fall for your obvious lies.

Sorry Bill, I like you. But Palin is indefensible. Not because she's been taken out of context. I've watched five-minute-long uncut clips of her interviews. She's way over her head at the national level, but utterly confident in herself. You're offering a revisionist explanation of what she really meant, that I don't for a second think you really believe.

I suppose this is where you'll point out, "Read more closely. I didn't actually say that's what she was thinking. Just that it's technically (if accidentally) consistent with the wording of the Constitution, and the people saying otherwise should go back and re-read it before they criticize." I won't bother to refute that point, because if you actually try to make it you'd be confirming the insult.
--

Drew
New Re: You being facetious?
http://www.looktruen...f-the-senate.html

""" The Constitution, though, actually says the vice president is always president of the Senate and legal scholars say he has the right to preside at any time. Early vice presidents, such as Thomas Jefferson, actively exercised that role, the vice president still keeps offices at the Capitol, and scholars say it wasn’t until the middle of the 20th century that the vice president had an office at the executive office building.

The president pro tempore, usually the senior senator from the majority party, takes over only when the vice president is absent. In recent practice, as the vice president has taken a bigger role in the executive, that’s meant the Senate operates almost all of the time without the vice president in the chair."""

No, what I'm saying is that those being critical using the constitution as a basis are just as wrong as she is when based against current practice, which has the VP role as much more limited to the executive branch.
New You're doing it again
I don't care what other people believe, and what other people are saying. I'm talking about what Palin said, and what Palin believes. And secondarily, what you believe she really meant.

There is apparently a legitimate discussion over the differences among the Constitutional definition the VP's role, the historical practice, and the modern practice. You're either: deflecting the conversation away from "what did Palin say/mean" into this tangentially related question, and thinking I won't notice; or asserting that Palin was referring to this issue herself, and thinking I'll believe you really mean it.

So which is it? Are you insulting my intelligence by changing the subject, or insulting my intelligence by offering an argument that you don't believe yourself?
--

Drew
New Your taking it as insult is not my problem
It made news because those in the news interpreted the statement the way they wanted. Palin, in the debates, was much more cogent on the role and showed a pretty clear understanding.

As for the actual role, Pres Senate, while having no vote, presided over and had very strong governance of the Senate rules and often did guide the debate. Now whether you consider that "in charge" or not is largely based on your own interpretation. In general terms, having the title President is interpreted in simple (3rd grader) terms...as in charge. In more recent times that role has been diminished. Who is to say that, if they had been elected, that she would not have spend more time presiding over the senate, if for nothing else just to piss off Nancy Pelosi?

Personally, I treat this story the same way I treat the "mission from God" controversy. The second being taken from a speech she made IN A CHURCH to a bunch of guys waiting to become priests. When you are starting from the belief that she's an idiot, this will simply confirm your belief. This is the same reason the "Africa" scam got so much traction.
New I'll ask directly, then
First, as to this: "Palin, in the debates, was much more cogent on the role and showed a pretty clear understanding." Having a better answer several days later, after you've been coached, doesn't count. Ref "I'll have to get back to ya."

Now, directly, do you believe Palin was referencing the historical role of the Vice President, and possibly suggesting a return to that, when she said the VP was in charge? I'm not asking what various historians and pundits have said the role was and could be. I'm asking what do you think she meant.

Because that's what I've been talking about this whole time. I don't think she knew what she was talking about. I think she was wrong and got lucky. What do you think she meant?
--

Drew
New Answered once below, here again
I think she used a poor choice of words to translate President of the Senate into plain speak...as "in charge of".

Constitutionally that's the ONLY defined role. Meaning her critics saying she doesn't understand the constitutional role are the ones that are incorrect. If they came back with she doesn't understand the current role, that's a better criticism...but you can't determine from the one sentence of that indeed was an issue.

IN ADDITION, since you bring up coaching...aren't all her critics saying that she refused all coaching? (part of the whole not knowing NAFTA and Africa is a country furor)? So if she wasn't paying attention to the coaches, maybe her debate answer is actually her own?

New And the rest?
You focus on "in charge of" and make a lawyerly, technical defense.

What about "if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes"? What does she mean by that? And is it an accurate description of the VP's job? Does it reflect powers the VP currently wields under existing Senate rules?
--

Drew
New What's to stop it?
There are no rules to limit the VP's ability to work with senators in this manner.
New Further
I actually >do< think that McCain intended to have his administration more involved in House and Senate activities than probably any administration in the past 40 years as part of his effort to "clean up Washington"...and as such do believe that Palin would have, more than any other VP in modern history, spent time in the Senate oversight role and spend time "working with Senators" to get changes to ethics rules, campaign finance rules and alot of other things that need fixed.

I'm hoping that Obama and his staff commit to doing the same thing. It needs to be done.
New This prevents it
http://www.senate.go...s/pdf/RL30945.pdf

"The Vice President of the United States is the Senate’s official presiding officer
(formally, “President of the Senate”), as provided in Article I of the Constitution"

And this:

"Since the Senate’s official presiding officer is not a member of the body, the
presiding officer position does not have the same powers to control floor proceedings
as those held by the Speaker of the House. The Senate’s presiding officer may speak
only if granted permission to do so by the unanimous consent of the membership, and
he may vote (as noted above) only to break a tie."

So no, the VP has no power to influence the Senate due to his position as the President of the Senate. Is he able to work with senators? Absolutely. As can the chief of staff, legislative aides, lobbyists ... Point is, being the President of the Senate grants exactly one power: the tie-breaking vote.

"... do believe that Palin would have, more than any other VP in modern history, spent time in the Senate oversight role ..."

What oversight role? I'll answer for you: there is none.

And ... what evidence do you have of this belief? "... as part of his effort to "clean up Washington" ..."

Is that it? Because you believe that working closely with the Senate is necessary to clean up Washington, that must be what she was referring to?
--

Drew
New Fine
She's an idiot.

And yes, whoever is in that office and in the office of President is going to have to be more closely aligned with the legislators to clean house in Washington. Laws need to be passed to do this. It can't all be done with a veto pen.
New But that's not the VP's job.
The question was:

http://thinkprogress.../palin-vp-senate/

Q: Brandon Garcia wants to know, “What does the Vice President do?”

PALIN: That’s something that Piper would ask me! … [T]hey’re in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom.

"... so if they want to ..."

Her answer is just wrong on so many levels...

Your spin on her answer would apply to almost anyone in the Administration - "I'm the Assistant to the Deputy Assistant Undersecretary of State for Water Resources in Upper Volta. I work with senators to make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better..." :-/

That's not her job as VP. Her job in the Senate as VP is to break ties on the floor.

Or she could be correct and say, "The VP helps the President." and elaborate on that based on work in the Executive Branch.

The VP doesn't "get in there with the senators and ..." any more than the Assistant does - and in fact less that person does since the VP almost never testifies before the Senate.

Cheers,
Scott.
New she should have just said run the country like cheney does
what will biden's job be
depends?
Jay mentioned that he could be a facilitator between legislative and the president
cant happen according to you
New Readme in my posts.
:-)

It wasn't a hard question. She should have been able to answer it, not go off on some tangent about getting in there with the senators and being all mavericky and such like.

You betcha.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Um, that article also says that the VP...
The VP belongs to both the executive and the legislative branches of government — and has almost no power in either, but still gets defined in the Constitution as a member of both branches.

If you accept the reasoning in that article (which cites a Washington Times political piece for that quote), as Sarah apparently does, it's hard to square having "almost no power" with what she apparently thinks the VP should do.

The dreaded Wikipedia seems more authoritative on this subject.

http://en.wikipedia....he_Vice_President

Except for this tie-breaking role, the Standing Rules of the Senate do not vest any significant responsibilities in the Vice President. Rule XIX, which governs debate, does not authorize the Vice President to participate in debate, and grants only to members of the Senate (and, upon appropriate notice, former presidents of the United States) the privilege of addressing the Senate, without granting a similar privilege to the sitting Vice President. Thus, as Time Magazine wrote during the controversial tenure of Vice-President Charles G. Dawes, "once in four years the Vice President can make a little speech, and then he is done. For four years he then has to sit in the seat of the silent, attending to speeches ponderous or otherwise, of deliberation or humor."[9]

HTH!

Cheers,
Scott.
New who sits in that funny seat at the head of the senchamber?
thought I saw cheney,gore,quayle, bush41 there once or twice with a wooden hammer, was they doing podium maintenance?
thanx,
bill
New Sitting there doesn't give them power to do anything.
They gotsta follow the rules, donchaknow.

Cheers,
Scott.
New On the rules...
http://www.senate.go...ice_President.htm

"Under the original code of Senate rules, the presiding officer exercised great power over the conduct of the body's proceedings. Rule XVI provided that "every question of order shall be decided by the President [of the Senate], without debate; but if there be a doubt in his mind, he may call for a sense of the Senate." Thus, contrary to later practice, the presiding officer was the sole judge of proper procedure and his rulings could not be turned aside by the full Senate without his assent. "

That sounds like "in charge" to me;-)
New doesnt count because palin prolly didnt know that :-)
New Sure, cause everyone already knows
she's stupid..and anyone who disagrees with that must be stupid.

I hear Europe is a nice country...maybe I'll live there.
New Originally, slavery was legal too.
What does that have to do with what a VP Sarah Palin would do, these days, in the Senate?

You really are stretching things here, Beep.

Cheers,
Scott.
New The criticism all said
she didn't understand the constitutional role of her potential job. The links I've provided actually show her to be alot closer to correct >per that definition< than her critics.

Is that what she meant? Maybe, maybe not...all up to interpretation. I'm leaning towards it being a poor choice of words to translate the actual role of President of the Senate. Her debate answers showed she understood that role to be more limited but also showed a desire to perhaps become more involved in the more traditional role.

In essence, like stated elsewhere, its about context (very limited in this case) and a strong desire by the media to find anything and everything to go after with a vengeance.

If they would go over some of the things Biden has said in his history with the same level of furor, the world would probably think a lot less of him too.

New With a vengeance?
She was treated with the gentlest of kid gloves. Hillary or Barack would have been crucified if they had said half the wrong things that she did.

Biden said some stupid things, but he has decades of experience and decades of decisions he can point to to indicate that he's not a kook or ignoramus. She doesn't; that's why her words were examined much more closely.

Cheers,
Scott.
New You are kidding, right?
By the same definition of why, Obama should have never made it out of the primaries.

He got Kid Gloves...she got "Clothesgate" and "Troopergate" and ...
New Re: You are kidding, right?
As opposed to Wright and Ayers and bitter and ... Obama just made a lot fewer own goals than his opponents, and then there's the whole temperment thing.

Personally I think the whole "VP's job" thing is a waste of time. Who cares? She was talking to 3rd graders.

I was more concerned about the other bafflegab she was spouting. I think it was obvious that she was unprepared; the job of President is not just about "executive experience" (not to mention Alaska has less population than Rhode Island and many cities). Whether she can learn or not is another matter, but had McCain kicked off 2 months into his first term I believe we would have been in trouble with her at the helm.

Did she get more attention? Probably. But that's what McCain *wanted* to happen. She was chosen to make a big splash. It just didn't turn out quite the way he expected.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Well said.
New her youngest child isnt hers! vengeance indeed
New Ok, I think I see what you're doing.
You apparently have a problem with this criticism of her comments, and haven't expressed much of an opinion on what she actually said. But you're being coy about it (to stir the pot perhaps?).

Let's look at The Mirror quote again:

8. "They're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." Getting the vice president's constituitional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does. Interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008

Her first clause is wrong. The VP is not now "in charge" of the Senate in any meaningful sense. S/he breaks ties on the floor - that's it. Her second clause is wrong. The VP can't make policy changes.

The Mirror's comment that she gets the VP's constitutional role wrong is correct. Neither she nor the Mirror were talking about the original Constitution or what VPs did 200 years ago. She was talking about what a VP could do in the present tense.

She's made roughly the same comment on at least 2 occasions - and in neither one was she talking about the original VP role.

Why the misdirection, Beep?

Someone running for VP really should know, and be able to articulate, what the job entails now, shouldn't they?

Cheers,
Scott.
New And she did
in the debates.

So why keep harping on an answer to a 3rd grader?

And in the quote she said >work with the Senators< to get policy changes. She didn't say "I can make policy changes". Again, you look for an issue and find it,whether its actually there or not. Are you saying that the VP can't work with Senate to craft legislation that the Senators then can pass or not? Sounds to me like you are.

My responses contain no more misdirection that the criticisms.
New We'll have to agree to disagree.
New What fun is that?
New Barking at the moon
About as productive as imagining that the beeopster might ever concur that a manifestly unprepared (and perhaps unpreparable) 'candidate' was/Is: a manifestly unprepared candidate. Hmmmm.. just.. maybe.. a Real Brain, only needs polishing.
Could Happen, eh? Like say, Armageddon? Let's put it this way, beepster -

You are here seriously defending the character/competence/Possibilities of this individual, as-if all discernible negatives derive mainly from the politically-motivated or ignorance-spawned SPIN of various meeja parties
(MSM, Librul-'press' ... W.T.F. is your fav exculpatory snark.)

In all this specious What-If? minutiae, attached to profound analysis of veep-dom, back to the Federalist Papers -- that which you suggest ""Maaay.." Be the underpinning of her so-overtly incoherent remarks on the topic.

The implication is obvious:
You are, in-effect maintaining that S.P. is/was could-be a Contender for National Office.
(If, perhaps only? she do a 4-year crash-course in basic civics, geography, geopolitics, history, science, syntax and the rest of a BA curriculum - real soon.)

Your 'analysis' is thus, in-credible, exactly as limned so well by drook. This, in that you ascribe no ability to each individual here (or anywhere) to observe, listen, deduce and -in many cases- fairly conclude from this process, that:

This is a lightweight; this is a person whose uncuriosity matches or even exceeds that of GW Bush, formerly the Platinum Standard of dis-Interest in finding-out-stuff. This is a person who babbles / fills space randomly -- whenever encountering a question about which she apparently comprehends near-Nothing. (And such questions have been seen to be: many and varied.)
We. Saw. Them. Posed. and 'answered.' Remember?

En fin - this is a one who has been shown to dissemble, then deny what she has just said! (apparently unaware of the saying of it / or of the meaning of what she just said. Repeatedly.)

People decide from all life experience; we do so, aided by today's unprecedented access to audio/video depictions of the actual person speaking, trying to communicate via all displayed body-language. The noise of the chattering class will count little: when you can SEE for YOURSELF, a person in action.

What *you* have seen, as would follow from any serious acceptance of your postulate:
is that S.P. COULD have managed the Presidency, and within that unKnowable period of McCain's life expectancy.

And since you, much like the Decider, rarely-if-ever? reverse-self, no matter how much contradictory material subsequently surfaces -- I conclude that you see real-Different-ly from most. What I conclude is that your manifestly broken BS-detector outweighs any of your arrogated skillz at abnormal psych evals. I will discount your evaluations accordingly.
As, frequently I do.

(And anticipate your fervid support of the Palin/Cheney ticket in '12, Obama probably having disgraced self by failing to clean the Stables, restore Prosperity and return the Republic to its former pre-'00 semi-pristine $$ condition. While saving the endangered Golden Parachutes from decimation.)
New so sound bytes are us wins over the body of work?
bafflegab where the newsies with marching orders from dear leader would leave kurt vonnegut looking like a deer in headlights, huh and you claim to have read his stuff, apparently you didnt understand it

New Unparseable.
New uncheck yer dear leader tab
New Why yes
All candidates for secondary office must pass the Couric test.

Not knowing when TV was available, or when FDR was elected, or that the host of your event is confined to a wheelchair aren't issues...but if someone can plant a story about your clothes...well DAMN! Gotcha.

New There is that Large Hadron Collider Spirit!
     Palin on Africa as a country. - (Another Scott) - (61)
         teh funnay, and the true beleivers bought it :-) -NT - (boxley) - (49)
             Of course they did - (beepster) - (46)
                 It got traction because it was almost believable... -NT - (Another Scott) - (45)
                     Depending on your starting point, I guess - (beepster) - (44)
                         Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (43)
                             oh for Obama's sake - (boxley) - (42)
                                 Uhh ... - (drook) - (40)
                                     That reminds me... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Re: That reminds me... Berkeley Breathed employed said - (Ashton)
                                     On Senate role - (beepster) - (37)
                                         Evidence, please. - (Another Scott)
                                         You being facetious? - (drook) - (26)
                                             Re: You being facetious? - (beepster) - (25)
                                                 You're doing it again - (drook) - (11)
                                                     Your taking it as insult is not my problem - (beepster) - (10)
                                                         I'll ask directly, then - (drook) - (9)
                                                             Answered once below, here again - (beepster) - (8)
                                                                 And the rest? - (drook) - (7)
                                                                     What's to stop it? - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                         Further - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                             This prevents it - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                 Fine - (beepster)
                                                                         But that's not the VP's job. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                             she should have just said run the country like cheney does - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                 Readme in my posts. - (Another Scott)
                                                 Um, that article also says that the VP... - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                     who sits in that funny seat at the head of the senchamber? - (boxley) - (11)
                                                         Sitting there doesn't give them power to do anything. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                             On the rules... - (beepster) - (9)
                                                                 doesnt count because palin prolly didnt know that :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     Sure, cause everyone already knows - (beepster)
                                                                 Originally, slavery was legal too. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                     The criticism all said - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                         With a vengeance? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                             You are kidding, right? - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                 Re: You are kidding, right? - (malraux) - (1)
                                                                                     Well said. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                             her youngest child isnt hers! vengeance indeed -NT - (boxley)
                                         Ok, I think I see what you're doing. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                             And she did - (beepster) - (7)
                                                 We'll have to agree to disagree. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     What fun is that? -NT - (beepster)
                                                 Barking at the moon - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                     so sound bytes are us wins over the body of work? - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         Unparseable. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             uncheck yer dear leader tab -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Why yes - (beepster)
                                 There is that Large Hadron Collider Spirit! -NT - (folkert)
             True believers on both sides. - (malraux) - (1)
                 Heh. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Read it more carefully - (rcareaga) - (10)
             Oooh. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 again, no - (rcareaga) - (2)
                     Interesting. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     sullivan is right you know - (boxley)
             Then why all the apologies? - (beepster) - (5)
                 she is country folk, must be backward and ignorant -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     No, she actually sounds ignorant. - (malraux) - (3)
                         stood up to cheney, is that antics of an idiot? - (boxley) - (2)
                             Ignorant != idiot. - (malraux)
                             Re: stood up to cheney, is that antics of an idiot? - (folkert)

I've never been so insulted in all my week!
363 ms