IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The tone was not just...
...in the followup comment...but even worse (i'd say) in the article itself.

I was being specific in the liberal politic regarding non enforcement..the safe harbor policies.

The waters do indeed get more muddied when you bring in hiring and enforcement of work rules..and I agree that the conservative side has alot of problems here. GWB and his ilk don't get a pass from me either.

But labor law and hiring are secondary issues..by this I mean the primary enforcement of immigration rests with law enforcement..which unfortunately has specific policies to NOT enforce laws. That is something with which I (obviously) have a large problem.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New I think the politics behind the non-enforcement is more than
just liberal politics. IMO immigration politics has taken on a life force of its own because of the potentially huge electoral implications.
Seamus
     A great case for amnesty. - (bepatient) - (29)
         Racist? Probably not. - (ubernostrum) - (2)
             Not a straw man - (bepatient) - (1)
                 I'm reminded of certain other forums - (ubernostrum)
         Rereading the article...was he selling drugs to kids - (Simon_Jester) - (15)
             Most customers were in 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. - (bepatient) - (14)
                 It's not a simple problem. - (Another Scott) - (13)
                     On this issue - I do.... - (Simon_Jester) - (12)
                         I slightly agree, but I don't think it's a "liberal" issue. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                             Re: I slightly agree, but I don't think it's a "liberal" iss - (bepatient) - (9)
                                 Where to begin... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     In case you missed it... - (bepatient)
                                 You know, you're really trying way to hard to stir the pot.. - (Simon_Jester) - (6)
                                     Yes. Thats exactly what I'm saying. - (bepatient) - (5)
                                         Close.... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                                             Sure. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                 Sorry, still disagree on this one - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                     I guess we will - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                         You don't look very hard - (Simon_Jester)
                             My definition of liberal here - (Simon_Jester)
         Possibly - (JayMehaffey) - (7)
             No, the reality is different. - (bepatient) - (1)
                 I don't see any conflict - (JayMehaffey)
             "Xenophobe", while over-broad, is at least not quite *wrong* -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 Again, not correct. - (bepatient) - (3)
                     Based on the question Jay asked, he described his answer - (Seamus) - (2)
                         The tone was not just... - (bepatient) - (1)
                             I think the politics behind the non-enforcement is more than - (Seamus)
         You rang? inferentially - (Ashton) - (1)
             You linked the article - (bepatient)

You're never too old to say "horses" when you drive past some horses.
65 ms