1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New you could make the same argument for bill clinton
when he ran. Or dubbya
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Clinton.
Which, btw, I was no big fan for during the 2000 primaries. My guy then was Jerry Brown. But at least Clinton had some executive office experience in a state where, unlike Texas, the position actually has some power.

Obama is a cause celeb with the Nintendo generation, but the Nintendo generation never amounts to anything in a general election - ask McGovern about that. I'm sure there were some reasons that Clinton supporters had in the primaries in 2000. But I have *never* heard *any* reason for supporting Obama other than some analog of "he's tan, articulate and a new generation." What little there is of his record to look at is not very appealing, as I've pointed out before.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New I think he's still riding that speech he gave
at the convention. His lasting first impression.

[link|http://www.blackbagops.net|Black Bag Operations Log]

[link|http://www.objectiveclips.com|Artificial Intelligence]

[link|http://www.badpage.info/seaside/html|Scrutinizer]
New He's gotta be a fav of the Repos.
Because if he is the Democratic candidate in 2008, the Republicans can run Mickey Mouse (again?) and the White House will be theirs. And the Democrats that voted Obama will deserve it...richly.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
     Okay., - (mmoffitt) - (31)
         you could make the same argument for bill clinton - (boxley) - (3)
             Clinton. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 I think he's still riding that speech he gave - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     He's gotta be a fav of the Repos. - (mmoffitt)
         He's from Illinois. So am I. - (Silverlock) - (1)
             Interesting. - (mmoffitt)
         Kunstler makes a decent point. - (Another Scott) - (24)
             s/Rational/Utopian - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                 It depends on who[m] he's running against. - (Another Scott) - (19)
                     Obama has no chance. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                         agreed thats why all the repo talking heads are pushing them - (boxley)
                         I don't think it is as bad as you say - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                             ask some black folk - (boxley)
                         Having the middle name Hussein alone will finish him. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                             Well, there is that... :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)
                             More to the point - (tuberculosis)
                             Don't forget Obama rhymes with Osama. - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                 Good on ya. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                     I hope I never get that old - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                         Ha! Just noticed your sig change. Excellent choice! - (mmoffitt)
                                     Here's your recipe script for___Surprise!! - (Ashton)
                     Whom, by the Great Rotating Rod! - (CRConrad) - (6)
                         Ack! - (Another Scott)
                         Let's do ___ 'It's me!' - (Ashton) - (4)
                             "Myself" seems to be replacing "me" and "I" these days. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 You and Bio are doing what? :) -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                     No, it doesn't involve jazz hands. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Well.. 'ter' never caught on for 'him-or-her' - (Ashton)
             where is he from - (boxley) - (2)
                 Wow, that's a first - (drewk)
                 From many years ago . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Damn them, and their hatstand minions!
51 ms