IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And you, Red Herring Boy, haven't attempted...
..to address the original assertion; namely, that a voter ID card is sufficient identification to be allowed to vote.

You wanna make it hard to get a voter ID card? Fine. We can go round and round about that in another thread. But if I show up at a polling place whose precinct number matches the one on my card, and my name on the card in on the roles, I get a ballot. Plan, simple, and non-exclusionary.
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New That fishy smell would be you
this thread started with an article that railed against requiring ID to get that registration card.

Your argument is one step further into the process...at the point where ID has supposedly been verified. If you want to check the definitions...I'd say that makes the herring yours.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
     Six sick States - (Ashton) - (50)
         Shouldnt the following be mandated for federal elections? - (boxley)
         Salon can't do better than that? - (bepatient) - (43)
             In Ash's defense it wouldnt be such a bad idea - (boxley) - (2)
                 And those in the middle - (bepatient) - (1)
                     hey pal, lucky strike smokers have a right to vote too :-) -NT - (boxley)
             Voters card + signature == identity - (jb4) - (32)
                 Really? - (bepatient) - (31)
                     If you guys had a sane system that used enumeration - (jake123)
                     Maybe Jersey has more dead voters? -NT - (drewk) - (29)
                         Missing the point entirely - (bepatient) - (28)
                             Has to do with the record - (jake123) - (23)
                                 Bullpucky - (bepatient) - (22)
                                     Ludicrous R'US -- scared brainless., for all to see. -NT - (Ashton) - (21)
                                         Interesting. - (bepatient) - (20)
                                             And you, Red Herring Boy, haven't attempted... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                 That fishy smell would be you - (bepatient)
                                             National ID card, you say? - (Ashton) - (17)
                                                 actually national lottery would work nicely - (boxley) - (5)
                                                     I like that idea! That would really get the vote out! -NT - (imqwerky) - (4)
                                                         And the fraud too... -NT - (admin) - (3)
                                                             Ah yes, Fraud. The New American Way. -NT - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                                 --new its always been the american way :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     Well, its so blatant now. It's been outed. :-) -NT - (imqwerky)
                                                 Minor points - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                     An ID isn't "ABSOLUTE" proof. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                         And we try to create these extremes - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                             Sure. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                                 And perhaps the only.. - (bepatient)
                                                                 call bs on these points - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                     Hmmm. On #2. - (Another Scott)
                                                                     You know...I have to call BS on this as well... - (Simon_Jester)
                                                                     I call BS on your BS - (jb4) - (2)
                                                                         But, what if one can vote before official Election Day? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                                             Doesn't matter. The vote isn't official until election day - (jb4)
                             How about we all just wear Stars? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 My God, Its made of stars -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                     OT: RFID's in US Passports. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         No -NT - (bepatient)
             Yeah, Beep - hears ya loud and clear - (Ashton) - (6)
                 Alls fair in love and war -NT - (bepatient) - (5)
                     Well.. ya can't have Both. -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                         Sure you can...just not in unlimited quantity - (bepatient) - (3)
                             I wot that You Believe in it - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 Alot of those grey cubbies - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Dunno if Thoreau got take-out from local diner - (Ashton)
         Just finished "Man Without a Country" - (danreck) - (2)
             Hola Danno! - (Ashton) - (1)
                 ;-) - (danreck)
         swiftly slither sideways. - (imqwerky) - (1)
             She sells C++ shells on the Cshore - (Ashton)