IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just finished "Man Without a Country"
Easy to read in a few hours (uninterrupted). Kurt has given up... and so it goes. At least he should have called one last meeting of the Royal Astronomers. I'm ready to hang with Montana Wildhack myself.

"He who slings mud generally loses ground. "
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them. "
"Nothing so dates a man as to decry the younger generation. "
"There was a time when a fool and his money were soon parted, but now it happens to everybody."
"We can chart our future clearly and wisely only when we know the path which has led to the present."
"You will find that the truth is often unpopular and the contest between agreeable fancy and disagreeable fact is unequal. For, in the vernacular, we Americans are suckers for good news."

During his 1956 presidential campaign, a woman called out to Adlai E. Stevenson: "Senator, you have the vote of every thinking person!". Stevenson called back "That's not enough, madam, we need a majority!".

Come over to the dark side... Stevenson in 2008!
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New Hola Danno!
Drop in, y'hear! Since our resident Neoconman has fallen on his sword tongue, there's no flint to sharpen the trepan equipment on.
Check out post #265030 - Rolling Stone interview mit der K.

Yup, apparently at 83 -- after all those years ... a workin and a hopin and a wishin we'd pull our collective heads out of our ADM fructose-enhanced ass-size -- he's packed it in.

While I think he's dead right on the status (indeed we trash the planet, mindlessly) and the likely outcome;
I mean.. noting how far along the dismemberment we've managed to get in a mere <5 years of mindlessly supporting the eloi, step by-lemming-step
-- still, I had supposed that K was on a path to the beginnings of enlightenment. Pity :-/

Ah well, it is said that in the Kali Yuga (this one), it is so 'dense' that Three Avatars are needed! Perhaps by the time the next replaces the current living one, he will have to be comforting a different life-form (one which actually does not fear to Live.)

What Kurt needed to do, in time.. was read more Grooks -

If the Universe didn't exist
it wouldn't be missed.

Oblig Manfred quote (directed at an insouciant priest attempting to give him Absolution, despite his disdain..)

Old man, it is not so hard to ... die...
New ;-)
No topic. None necessary. You've made my day!

Just a few thoughts,

Danno
     Six sick States - (Ashton) - (50)
         Shouldnt the following be mandated for federal elections? - (boxley)
         Salon can't do better than that? - (bepatient) - (43)
             In Ash's defense it wouldnt be such a bad idea - (boxley) - (2)
                 And those in the middle - (bepatient) - (1)
                     hey pal, lucky strike smokers have a right to vote too :-) -NT - (boxley)
             Voters card + signature == identity - (jb4) - (32)
                 Really? - (bepatient) - (31)
                     If you guys had a sane system that used enumeration - (jake123)
                     Maybe Jersey has more dead voters? -NT - (drewk) - (29)
                         Missing the point entirely - (bepatient) - (28)
                             Has to do with the record - (jake123) - (23)
                                 Bullpucky - (bepatient) - (22)
                                     Ludicrous R'US -- scared brainless., for all to see. -NT - (Ashton) - (21)
                                         Interesting. - (bepatient) - (20)
                                             And you, Red Herring Boy, haven't attempted... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                 That fishy smell would be you - (bepatient)
                                             National ID card, you say? - (Ashton) - (17)
                                                 actually national lottery would work nicely - (boxley) - (5)
                                                     I like that idea! That would really get the vote out! -NT - (imqwerky) - (4)
                                                         And the fraud too... -NT - (admin) - (3)
                                                             Ah yes, Fraud. The New American Way. -NT - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                                 --new its always been the american way :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     Well, its so blatant now. It's been outed. :-) -NT - (imqwerky)
                                                 Minor points - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                     An ID isn't "ABSOLUTE" proof. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                         And we try to create these extremes - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                             Sure. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                                 And perhaps the only.. - (bepatient)
                                                                 call bs on these points - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                     Hmmm. On #2. - (Another Scott)
                                                                     You know...I have to call BS on this as well... - (Simon_Jester)
                                                                     I call BS on your BS - (jb4) - (2)
                                                                         But, what if one can vote before official Election Day? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                                             Doesn't matter. The vote isn't official until election day - (jb4)
                             How about we all just wear Stars? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 My God, Its made of stars -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                     OT: RFID's in US Passports. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         No -NT - (bepatient)
             Yeah, Beep - hears ya loud and clear - (Ashton) - (6)
                 Alls fair in love and war -NT - (bepatient) - (5)
                     Well.. ya can't have Both. -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                         Sure you can...just not in unlimited quantity - (bepatient) - (3)
                             I wot that You Believe in it - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 Alot of those grey cubbies - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Dunno if Thoreau got take-out from local diner - (Ashton)
         Just finished "Man Without a Country" - (danreck) - (2)
             Hola Danno! - (Ashton) - (1)
                 ;-) - (danreck)
         swiftly slither sideways. - (imqwerky) - (1)
             She sells C++ shells on the Cshore - (Ashton)

I think its a fine solution to the problem that you probably shouldn't have.
67 ms