Alas, while that is a Norton featherbed\ufffd frame, indeed - it contains a twin, looking very like the 650cc Manxman version (?) - the only Norton I bought new. That 650 was a vibrating pig, whereas its predecessor, the 600 Dominator (in featherbed-like frame: which the Manxman did Not feature) was much smoother. (I sent the engine back to Bracebridge Street via Cherry Hill NJ. Months later - not a (t)whit's difference. They coulda saved all that wasted effort / their cost, with a simple snippet of Truthiness: Sorry, it really Is a vibrating pig..

Anyway - it seems to be someone's fairly sanitary special. But sans the DOHC singles which were the only Official "Norton Manx" models - of 350cc (Model 40M) or 500cc (30M) displacement. All pukka Manxes had mag. alloy drum brakes, etc.

Alas, [link|http://www.vintagenet.com/phantom/manxman.html| this] interesting mount of a 650 engine in Dominator frame appears to be missing its pic. Pity. (But I don't think that would cure the rocking-couple in that vibrator..) Hmmm - lots of dead links :-/

Oh, the question was?

Dunno about the brawl, but Greg's MO sounds sane enough por moi, expressed with that concision we expect from engineering types. Personally, I much prefer never.. being In A Hurry; going fast for awhile, just because - then dropping below the radar at just over the limit, for cruise (have yet to top out my ride at sea level; it's on the list.)

And at the $5/ level, soon - I expect I'll be seeing little of that dance.
Besides, any I-State cruising is rilly bad for neurons, no matter how palatial inside the coccoon. Brain the size of a planet / ya gets to steer ... ... / ... forever.

My 10/6 + thruppence tip

PS - Oh, one piece of general advice given me eons ago, which I find as fresh today:

You NEVER pass another car / bike / horse at > 15 mph delta-V.
Say you're at the ton acoomin-up on Ma & Pa Kettle at 50 -
You drop to 60ish for the pass.
For all obvious psych (freaking-out) and physics reasons.
(Fangio agrees, too)

Methinks many of those who die on the autobahn are somehow connected to an egomaniac passing at 150, a bunch of folk at 80-100. Dumb. Dead peacock + innocents.