there was one major rival, but they made up and worked on a joint case project. But then law firms always try to stab the other in the back.

Problem with the firm that I worked for, they are good at fabercating stuff. They could tell half a dozen employees to lie on the witness stand, or else they risk losing their jobs. They could hammer all the old proxy logs and destroy backup tapes and replace asptoday.com and others with different domain names to make it look like I was doing personal stuff on company time.

The report to unemployment was that they "believed" that I did personal stuff on work time. In a way that is a major exageration, only personal stuff was if my wife and son was sick and I got called to pick up some medicine on the way home, or me calling a doctor when I was sick. But everyone does that stuff. Only difference is that they wanted me gone, so they had to invent a BS reason. Actually they used a different reason for each of the three times that they talked to Unemployment. They did not show any evidence, nor any witnesses that I did anything wrong. But in the State of Missouri, suspicion is good enough reason to fire someone. Hey, I heard a rumor that Bob is reading books at his cubical instead of working. Then Bob says "I am only reading my technical books so I can program better." But his coworkers told HR that he was reading personal books. Then later Bob gets terminated for doing personal business on company time. He packs up all his books, "Using ASP", "Using Visual BASIC", "Windows 2000 Unleashed", "Using SQL Server", and "Using HTML 4.0", no personal books and the HR lady sees it. But lets him go anyway. Bob apparently earns $55,000USD a year, and can now be replaced with someone who will earn $35,000USD a year. Does Bob have a case under Missouri Employment laws? Nope, because they suspected that he was doing personal business on work time. As long as they suspect it, they have reason to fire him. Maybe next job, Bob won't have Jerks and Jerkettes for coworkers.