IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Optimal temp for beer...
...is 37 or 38 degrees F. At least it is Stateside. With the plate "cooling" to 45F, that likely means that your beer will be warmer'n that...Unless you drink it out of a can. And why would you want to do that?
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New 'cuz US "beer" tastes so bad need to cold to kill the taste
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New what makes you think that problem's restricted to cans?
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New It's not. imo, ALL US beer tastes bad. Need German beer.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Well, not ALL US beer, just all mass-produced US beer.
Microbrews are ok (some of them)

But at the bash we drink Belgian and Irish (unless someone else brings it).

Harp and Stella Artois
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Ok, I'll agree with that.
New My current favorite is Kostritzer Schwarzbier
If you haven't had it, give it a try. A malty black lager with a slightly roasted flavor and a creamy head. I rate it a 7.5.

[link|http://www.beerpal.com/Kostritzer-Schwarzbier-Beer/1/|Beerpal review]
-----------------------------------------
No new taxes.
--George H. W. Bush

We don't torture.
--George W. Bush
New US Mass sucks, micros good
There are some excellent US micros. Rogue, Magic Hat, Dogfish Head, Great Divide, Stone, Brooklyn, etc.

While I do drink both Harp and Stella and they are certainly better than the macros but there is better micro stuff out there.
lister
New Wife will only drink
dare I even say it...

Miller Lite

shudder

(You have to highlight it to see it)
Expand Edited by jbrabeck Jan. 10, 2006, 11:14:16 AM EST
New It's Beer Soda.
It's not obnoxious, at least. It could be FAR worse.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New no highlight needed
I see white text on a blue background.

You can force the background to match the text using:
<table><tr><td bgcolor=red><font color=red>hidden text</font></td></tr></table>

to yield:
hidden text
Darrell Spice, Jr.            Trendy yet complex\nPeople seek me out - though they're not sure why\n[link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare]
New what are you trying to do? Learn me sumtin knew?
Thanks, was wondering how to do it.
New Sorry...
I see 'hidden text' as dark blue text on a grey background.

But then, I force firefox to use my color scheme on all pages.... Doing so causes me to lose the impact of Ashton's occasional forays into HTML gymnastics, but it also insures I can read whatever words of wit (or, in the case of Marlowe, words of twit) are posted here.
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Expand Edited by jb4 Jan. 10, 2006, 01:15:34 PM EST
     We need a stack of these for the next Beep Bash - (broomberg) - (15)
         Sure, if you want to just *buy* them - (drewk)
         Sprung for a similar deal - - (Ashton)
         Optimal temp for beer... - (Yendor) - (12)
             'cuz US "beer" tastes so bad need to cold to kill the taste -NT - (jbrabeck) - (11)
                 what makes you think that problem's restricted to cans? -NT - (jake123) - (10)
                     It's not. imo, ALL US beer tastes bad. Need German beer. -NT - (jbrabeck) - (9)
                         Well, not ALL US beer, just all mass-produced US beer. - (bepatient) - (2)
                             Ok, I'll agree with that. -NT - (jbrabeck)
                             My current favorite is Kostritzer Schwarzbier - (Silverlock)
                         US Mass sucks, micros good - (lister) - (5)
                             Wife will only drink - (jbrabeck) - (4)
                                 It's Beer Soda. - (imric)
                                 no highlight needed - (SpiceWare) - (2)
                                     what are you trying to do? Learn me sumtin knew? - (jbrabeck)
                                     Sorry... - (jb4)

Don't be too quick to award him the prize. It's only Thursday.
137 ms