IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey! HTF am I supposed to.....
... use my cellphone, drink my Starbuck's, read the Wall Street Journal, and shift all at the same time?

Are you fracking nuts?

[image|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/images/warning.png||||]

Silly English Pig-Dog......
New Just leave the brake on.
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New too early, missed the f in shift
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New A missed shift grinds gears in Box
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Gentle(men|women), I present to you: A Big Hairy Puff - (pwhysall) - (118)
         The automatic transmission is an abomination. - (Andrew Grygus) - (64)
             No, no, no, you don't understand. - (admin) - (62)
                 LOL -NT - (SpiceWare)
                 :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
                 IFS!___IFS! -NT - (Ashton)
                 Actually a pretty good metaphor - (drewk) - (58)
                     Re: Actually a pretty good metaphor - (pwhysall) - (57)
                         that argument doesnt wash - (boxley) - (11)
                             Cars are just like trains, Box. - (pwhysall)
                             Traction motors == no clutch - (jb4) - (9)
                                 No they don't - the track has control. - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                     Erm...Huh?!? - (jb4) - (7)
                                         Reading with comprehension? - (jake123) - (6)
                                             I guess that depends on what the definition of... - (jb4) - (5)
                                                 Yes, I meant the external environment - sorry to be unclear. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                                     Understood. However, you may not have heard about... - (jb4) - (3)
                                                         Trying to stop 21,000,000# plus consist... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                             It was a commuter train. - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                 FRED... fergot about it. - (folkert)
                         Enjoy it while you can. - (Another Scott) - (30)
                             Riiight. - (pwhysall) - (18)
                                 GM used that excuse for years against anti-lock brakes - (drewk) - (17)
                                     Icy conditions? Sure, no problem here - (jake123) - (4)
                                         You can't steer while locked up -NT - (drewk) - (3)
                                             Yeah, and on black ice or hydroplaning - (jake123) - (2)
                                                 Congratulations, you've described the 1% case - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     Not 1% up here, Drew. - (jake123)
                                     Of course I have antilock. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                         Re: Of course I have antilock. - (Steve Lowe) - (9)
                                             and early autos did have ignition control . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                                 Now I understand the helmet! -NT - (jbrabeck)
                                                 Yup, that was my point - (drewk) - (6)
                                                     If you want to control *anything*... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                         You didn't say, "This is one thing I'd like to control." - (drewk) - (2)
                                                             Programmers. So damned literal all the time. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                 But it doesn't - (drewk)
                                                     No, I'm not that much of a control freak. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (Steve Lowe)
                                     Dupe - (pwhysall)
                             I'm not sure I want a "highway that drives itself" ;-) -NT - (jb4) - (10)
                                 Luddite. ________________________________________________;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 I do - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                                     That I don't want - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                         But if *everyone* had that feature ... -NT - (drewk) - (3)
                                             Then we would all get car sick - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                 I assumed distance by speed - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     I think it is OK if some cars don't follow the rules... - (ben_tilly)
                                     Actually, I'd just as soon the highway stays put.... -NT - (jb4) - (2)
                                         But, The Roads Must Roll. -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                             Ever on and on. - (admin)
                         (somewhat) Rhetorical question: - (jb4)
                         Peter, on this topic you are an idiot - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                             This does rather remind me of Todd's many diatribes... - (jb4)
                             Complete piffle. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 So what you're saying is... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                     If you want to reframe what I said without reading it, yes. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         I read it - (ben_tilly)
                                 And I've already pointed out that people are different. - (admin)
                             Dupe -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Looks like Peter keeps double-clutching his mouse -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (static)
                         Does FULL control over vehicle include - (jbrabeck)
                         Yep, downshifting - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                             My auto has a button just for that - (tuberculosis)
             Sane? That clearly makes them totally inappropriate . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         we dont need no steenking clutches, get the revs right -NT - (boxley)
         He's complaining about the wrong problem. - (static) - (1)
             Traction motors for cars! Yessss! -NT - (jb4)
         What a freak. - (inthane-chan) - (10)
             Tachometer? - (Yendor)
             We weren't aware that you were missing yours :-) -NT - (imqwerky)
             Why'd you buy an auto then, you ninny? -NT - (pwhysall) - (7)
                 When you have $1500 for a reliable car, you can't be picky. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                     Shurely a manual is *cheaper*? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                         Note the phrase "reliable". - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             I can relate to that - (Nightowl)
                         When new, yes - (drewk) - (1)
                             Ezzzakly. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Dude. I have the site for *you*. - (pwhysall)
         Would you believe ... I drive an automatic!:) - (Meerkat)
         Stick shift - (dmcarls) - (30)
             You should be "involved"... - (pwhysall) - (24)
                 Where's your ignition timing control? - (drewk)
                 There is "involved" and then there is "Involved" - (admin) - (8)
                     Other circumstances, also. - (Steve Lowe) - (6)
                         That's exceptional, though, innit? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                             Nope - stop and go driving is where the automatic shines - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                 Bingo - (ben_tilly)
                                 I just said I prefer a manual in traffic. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     Crap automatic vs nice manual - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         250 miles, up the A1, Friday afternoon. - (pwhysall)
                     You obviously do NOT live anywhere near Chicago: - (jb4)
                 Sheesh, Peter! You should know better... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Why? Didn't Ford invent the car? - (jbrabeck)
                 Amen, My Son - but Attention on What, exactly.. - (Ashton) - (11)
                     Well, (corrected Nuvolari) had transmission problems too - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                         Yea, Tazio! an Italian tenor with fast wheels. - (Ashton) - (9)
                             Speaking of virtuosity - (drewk) - (3)
                                 Zowie! -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 dancing with motorcycles -NT - (cforde)
                                 Re: Speaking of virtuosity - (Ashton)
                             Or, in the words of Ferdinand Porsche . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                 Would that some film exists (?) - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     Who here reads Hungarian? 21 kB .img - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         Comprehensive site in English . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             While we're reminiscing... (new thread) - (pwhysall)
             On being involved... - (dmcarls)
             Yeah, and we know damned well what that 'other things' is. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 Er, no. - (admin) - (2)
                     There's always those pesky exceptions aren't there? -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Whoops. - (admin)
         manual transmission becomes second nature - (SpiceWare) - (2)
             It does but I get more tired with 2 feet on 3 pedals vs 1-1 - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 True - (SpiceWare)
         Hey! HTF am I supposed to..... - (n3jja) - (3)
             Just leave the brake on. -NT - (ben_tilly)
             too early, missed the f in shift -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 A missed shift grinds gears in Box -NT - (Andrew Grygus)

Non-migratory, just like cocopabanana blaps.
113 ms