1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Of course there would have been finger-pointing in any case
but as to the emotional precursor to.. that inevitability, I offer -

{gedanken rewrite}

Suppose that, on Day 1 (or at most - 2)
Shrub had instantly ceased his 'fit and tanned regimen' / and especially.. Saying! er, "this is what I be doing!"

Suppose that he'd gone [wtf - - Somewhere!] striding dutifully -- swagger optional, (not 'Taking Charge' but) clearly overseeing the Taking of Charge, announcing periodically - a brief status report, etc: ie

BEING THERE!
(no, not the Peter Sellers version. Yet. That's the next Repo candidate, I wot.)

{back to Iraq/storm/indictments/nat'l bankruptcy/ $GAS$ + Winter! sub-reality}

Doncha think the chatter would have been a Lot Less negative -- all around?

I mean, the word disdainful came starkly to mind, Seeing those Crawford photo-op clips rerun, etc. (I mean, too: considering the sheer cumulative NUMBER of those days spent in exile; as intensifies any impression of a particular photo-op.)

Disdainful is Not the word you want on the tip of your tongue: when observing the CIEIO.
(Nor any akin... cocky, aloof? out-of-touch, insulated or even insular-personality ..? and such.)

Finally, even if he'd done that! -
IRAQ shall hang like a suppurating vampire, hanging upside-down - in every background. (So, who knows if even the above - would have much altered The Play? hmmm?)

New Re: Of course there would have been finger-pointing
Doncha think the chatter would have been a Lot Less negative -- all around?

No, I don't. This President can do no right in the eyes of the opposition. The level of hatred (no lighter word will do) in the opposition to this administration is higher than at any time that I remember.

He's defintely earned it. But, simply put, POTUS could do everything right and would still get lambasted.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Absolutely correct.
He does inspire hatred from about half the voting community. It is a major part of the problem: you can't be constructive if you haven't a real base to build on. He was elected by people who voted against their own interests because of short sighted, single interest issues. The slightly less than 50% will oppose him with a vigor that usually requires rabies. If it required a vote, he probably couldn't get laid in a whore house any time soon of course part of the problem would be that he'd be looking in a warehouse
Well, it's just our good luck that we elected a uniter, rather than a divider...
New Close...
He does inspire hatred from about half the voting community.

I think that's a very fair assessment.

We have gotten VERY partisan....and half the voting community (slightly less?) did not vote for Bush.

What I don't understand is the whining....this is NOT new. Certainly slightly less than half the voting community didn't vote for Clinton, and everything in BP's quote could apply to him just as easily. The other side was just as nasty to Clinton, yet they feel they ought to be priviledged for some reason.
New Yup. I don't think Bush's been accused of murder and rape...
New yet
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New He's been accused of causing it to happen to many though
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New ICLRPD
of course part of the problem would be that he'd be looking in a warehouse

It even works out of context...
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New That's not true
>This President can do no right in the eyes of the opposition.

He could resign.

Actually, that wouldn't satisfy me as I believe he needs to be prosecuted for war crimes. I have a number of contacts in or formerly in the military and there's not a one who doesn't believe that our new fondness for torture starts at the very top and flows all the way down from there.

These people are a new kind of animal not seen in US government before.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New He had a chance
quick action after 9/11. Urging the US citizenry against racism and bigotry agasinst all Muslims. Going after the actual perpetrators, considering them to be criminals - he made all the right moves immediately after. Then politics took over, and he was vile enough to use 9/11 for his own ends without actually doing anything about it.

He shocked me, by behaving as a President should. He could have gone down in history as one of the good ones, if he had been able to sustain it.

Instead, he reverted in short time. His entire administration degrades our nation; his acts are often assaults on the Constitution he is sworn to uphold. His policies are based on powerlust and greed, cronyism and lies. You talk about hatred, what of it? I DO hate what he is doing to our nation, to the Great Experiment. I make no bones about it - the man and his nominal lackies are slime. I see no reason to make up reasons to seem balanced about him and his Neocon junta - I will not stoop to the Neocon level and lie in order to gain support.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Maybe with you.
Not so with many. Sure, had he done everything "right" from the beginning he could have won some over.

I guess I'm even more cynical about other admins versus this admin. Are tehy actually >more< crooked or just more open about it?

Heard Clinton talking about imperialist economics last night wrt Africa. It was MORALLY imperative as well as self interest. Somehow, though, when he says it some folks think it sounds great...if it were to come identically from the lips of GWB (though he'd likely mangle the pronounciation of the countries) it would be considered the worst type of policy imagined.

Dunno..I see it more as biz as usual.

New Re: Other admins vs this one
It's hard to tell. This administration is so secretive that it's hard to know just how corrupt they really are. Other administrations did a lot of horse trading to get their agendas implemented, and admittedly some of those were fairly rotten. This administration wishes to rule, not lead. There is little negotiation, just demands and iron rule of the legislature. What is visible, the cronyism, no bid contracts, special interests, all look rotten, perhaps worse than it really is. But how to know? Most is hidden.
So if you're saying that other administrations were corrupt as well, there is no arguement. If you are saying that Crusader Bunnypants should get a pass because he's not as bad as others, I would disagree. I think Bush et al. is probably the worst thing to hit this country since the Civil War. And may cause another.
New Key difference I see
is that this one is a *system* designed to subvert the intent of the constitution.

Other admins actually mostly did their job while lining their own pockets. These guys don't do their jobs and don't just line their pockets, they line theirs and all their friends who often use the resources to kick the workers in the teeth.

These guys have also set human rights back about 100 years by fomenting their own terrorism/torture and throwing out the geneva convention. They are war criminals and should be tried and (most likely) executed.

IOW, these are FASCISTS. New animal in US History.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Oct. 3, 2005, 12:26:25 PM EDT
New Now that I agree with...
Heard Clinton talking about imperialist economics last night wrt Africa. It was MORALLY imperative as well as self interest. Somehow, though, when he says it some folks think it sounds great...if it were to come identically from the lips of GWB (though he'd likely mangle the pronounciation of the countries) it would be considered the worst type of policy imagined.

The left is just as bad at this, imo.

If George talked about imperialist economies with any country, the left would be in arms. Hillary gets a freakin' free pass on it.
     Bush plans power grab based on Katrina - (JayMehaffey) - (99)
         Once again - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             "Everything would be so much easier under a dictator... - (jb4)
         Do I have to do it? Really? - (bepatient)
         Just as I said he would - (Arkadiy) - (95)
             Right, Ark - (Ashton) - (94)
                 Ignore the reality all you want - (bepatient) - (93)
                     Bull - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                         You still ignore the rules. - (bepatient) - (3)
                             Whose hue? Whose cry? - (jb4)
                             Which Armed Forces? - (tuberculosis)
                             Do you need me to get my cousin's contact info? - (ben_tilly)
                     You can make it come out any way you want: - (Ashton)
                     You have lost me - (JayMehaffey) - (65)
                         "Where was the federal government?" - (drewk) - (2)
                             Re: "Where was the federal government?" - (GBert) - (1)
                                 Good point - (drewk)
                         Little things... - (bepatient) - (61)
                             >/dev/null -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 And what was inaccurate? - (bepatient)
                             Well, Homeland Security - (imric) - (3)
                                 Yup. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 I know I've said this before, but ... - (drewk) - (1)
                                     It's cheap, easy and photogenic to Pass laws.... - (Another Scott)
                             Your missing the huge redirect here - (JayMehaffey) - (54)
                                 FEMA was NOT the biggest screw up - (Arkadiy) - (53)
                                     What are you smoking? - (Silverlock)
                                     Accountability. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                         Well said, but remember that FEMA is tiny. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             FEMA was gutted - (imric)
                                             Exactly my point. - (inthane-chan)
                                     Re: FEMA was NOT the biggest screw up - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
                                         My personal guess - (jake123) - (3)
                                             Aye. -NT - (imric)
                                             Why else would they have hired him back as a conslutant? - (Yendor) - (1)
                                                 Um... - (Another Scott)
                                     Disagree - (tuberculosis) - (42)
                                         Nor is it his job to know those details - (bepatient) - (41)
                                             I dunno about that analysis - (jake123) - (36)
                                                 I certainly understand that - (bepatient) - (35)
                                                     Source for Nagin on "coaches"? TIA. -NT - (Another Scott) - (34)
                                                         google://nagin coaches - (drewk) - (31)
                                                             Thanks. OTOH... - (Another Scott) - (30)
                                                                 My only issue with that statement... - (Simon_Jester) - (27)
                                                                     When? - (Another Scott) - (26)
                                                                         As soon as evac notice was declared - (bepatient) - (25)
                                                                             Then why was anyone at the Superdome? - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                                                                 Good question - (bepatient) - (23)
                                                                                     Well, let's just throw in another contingency - while we're - (Ashton)
                                                                                     Unlikely. - (Another Scott) - (21)
                                                                                         Did you not read your own post? - (bepatient) - (20)
                                                                                             It was late, but yes, I read it. :-) - (Another Scott) - (19)
                                                                                                 Re: It was late, but yes, I read it. :-) - (bepatient) - (18)
                                                                                                     That's not quite what the Times-Picayune story said. - (Another Scott) - (17)
                                                                                                         Talk about semantics - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                                                                             Then cut to the chase - - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                                                 Another non-seq post - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                                     'Course Beep: competence Is irrelevant. cha cha -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                                                         Has nothing to do with competence - (bepatient)
                                                                                                             Disagree. But back to the buses... - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                                                                                                 So - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                                                                     How long are yall gonna beat this dead horse? - (imqwerky) - (9)
                                                                                                                         Normally, a comparison w/ 'Nazi' ends a thread, by __'s Law - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                                                                                             Surprise, surprise - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                                                 You've selected your own MO - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                                                                     You're right - (bepatient)
                                                                                                                                     ahem, spanish american war started with less evidence? hmm? - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                                         Well, didn't want to go back tothe free blankets for Indians -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                         For approximately as long as they are amused - (hnick) - (2)
                                                                                                                             Nah, pretty much done. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                                                             Good one, hnick! - (imqwerky)
                                                                 Nit - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                     Seems a dead-on conclusion - (Ashton)
                                                         CNN link - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                                             Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             Vehemently disagree - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                                 Your prerogative - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                     Too far - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                         :-) Well said. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Reductio ab BeePium - (jb4)
                     OK, I get it now - (tuberculosis) - (17)
                         No. Wrong. - (bepatient) - (16)
                             Shorter BP... - (Simon_Jester) - (15)
                                 But I don't see those conservative arguments or pundits... - (bepatient) - (14)
                                     Of course there would have been finger-pointing in any case - (Ashton) - (13)
                                         Re: Of course there would have been finger-pointing - (bepatient) - (12)
                                             Absolutely correct. - (hnick) - (5)
                                                 Close... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                                     Yup. I don't think Bush's been accused of murder and rape... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                         yet -NT - (bepatient)
                                                         He's been accused of causing it to happen to many though -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                 ICLRPD - (jb4)
                                             That's not true - (tuberculosis)
                                             He had a chance - (imric) - (4)
                                                 Maybe with you. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                     Re: Other admins vs this one - (hnick)
                                                     Key difference I see - (tuberculosis)
                                                     Now that I agree with... - (Simon_Jester)
                     I don't mind it a bit.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                         Good to see that someone is thinking ahead. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)

Messing with brain chemistry is not something to be lightly considered.
136 ms