Well, not having met that boss - nor worked under the ilk of 'today's expected MBA-quality of management', as most here have - I don't think my opinion should carry much weight -- maybe a gram of Bolivian Blueflake?

I do however fancy that I grok something of the quite-different 'sources of satisfaction' (and too often: satisfiction) as divide technical types | and bizness types.

Become immersed / obsessed in a bloody Good Problem! and you can overlook having Uriah Heep (or Caligula) for a boss - especially a 'boss' who apparently doesn't imagine he needs to understand much of the material within a complex field (or the Talent) he's allegedly 'Bossing' / making decisions about.

Nasty combo that. Obv. by inspection, I think.
Of course I can't know Critter's ways of accommodating this bizarre result of our letting-into-the-tent: the camel's nose / this Corporate Model for all of Life; now busily fucking up much that we used to take for granted about actual Life.

But IF That's ~ what seems to be going-on here, I'd second all recommendations of the better clued-in: for soliciting an Outside Reality Check on the prognosis for Mr. Boss surviving AND >paying off< (especially : Youse Guys in Particular.)

Y'know? Don't send a scientist to a Rah Rah Sales Carnival for a 'report' on the solvency and prospects of that company! When some bizness-folk are sinking, and fully-Identified with Their Baby / My Office - how are these any different, any more 'objective' -?- than the one hooked on an Insanely-Great Problem to solve.

My 3\ufffd ..in 1943-copper-pennies

Luck,
moi

tyop