IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 3 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Prayers needed
Just got home from the ER. Critter is not well. He was dizzy, his arms were numb and he was experiencing pain in his upper abdomen. He is also having a really bad panic attack. They are keeping him overnight for observation.

Got him to the ER around 7:30 P.M. It is now 1 A.M. I hated to leave him there...he insisted I come home and be with the kids. They forgot to order him some food. Pissed me off royally! Will go back after I take the kids to school.

Really worried about him. :-(

amy

Pray for the Critterman.
New You know that he is in our thoughts. Updates appreciated.
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New you got it. Hope everything comes out ok!
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu. Try it.]
That means you, Ashton. ;-)
New Prayers sent
Hang in there Amy, we're all pulling for you and Chris!

Brenda

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
New Hope he gets better soon.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New You bet.
I'm bettin on his bein ornery enough to fight these invadin cowardly neocon-organisms.

Keep posted, when you can.

(Missive sent Express)

New In my thoughts. Best of luck!
New Done.
New Prayers sent.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Fingers crossed,hoping for the best.Hang in there,both o ya!
Expand Edited by CRConrad Sept. 21, 2005, 07:32:08 AM EDT
New Thought and prayers sent your way
and reiterate, please keep up informed. We're here for you.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Crapola!
May it only be a small annoyance.

My thoughts are being transferred to a higher purpose.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
[image|http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg||||]
New Gah...
Hang in there, things will get better...

Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Fingers crossed!
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Hang in there! Don't worry. He's in good hands.
It's probably stress. Some enforced R&R will help. :-)

Things will get better. Hang in there and let us know if we can do anything.

Best wishes!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Hope things are better this morning.
Stay strong.
New Hoping for the best. My thoughts are with you.
-----------------------------------------
George W. Bush and his PNAC handlers sent the US into Iraq with lies. I find myself rethinking my opposition to the death penalty.

--Donald Dean Richards Jr.
New Best Wishes sent!
Hope it turns out to be a bad reaction to your cooking ;-) and not something serious.

Having been in that situation, I know it is very scary.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Will you settle for good thoughts? They're on the way
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Doh!
We need him to be safe and strong to bring back the Texas Contingent to Beep's next year!

Hang in there!
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New We're thinkin' of him.
New Thoughts forwarded.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New My thoughts go with you . . .
. . I wouldn't want any of us going Critterless, particularly Critter.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Powerful good thoughts coming your (and Critter's) way!
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Good thoughts->

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New GoodThoughts++
--
Chris Altmann
New Prayers said.
Not good to have a member down...
d-_-b
New Any news?
New I tried calling
I thought I had a working number for the Rathman household. I was wrong. :-(

We just have to wait for news.

Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Good news
We just got back from the hospital after Chris was kept overnight for observation. The doctor ruled out any sign of heart attack. Apparently, it was a severe case of panic attack. He will be staying home and resting for the rest of the week. (just in time to batten down the hatches from what we will be receiving from Hurricane Rita :-( )

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. Ya can't keep a good man down, and Critter is as good as they come. Big hugs to you all. (Oh great, now I'm getting all verklempt.)

Love to you all,
Amy

Pray for the survivors of Bush.
New Indeed. Try to relax now, all of you.
Take care, and best of luck this weekend!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Glad to hear it.
New Thanks for the update.
New whew. Time for some R&R!
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New Woo and Yay!
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Yay and Woo, too!
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Hot DAMN!
That is GREAT news.

Best thing to do is: FOLLOW the DOCTORS ORDERS!

Also, ya'needs to finger out what he was umm-stressing about. I have those days, like yesterday, I was just not able to sit still, I had a lump in my chest for a while. Until I forced myself to focus on something good for me or good for my morale.
--
Expand Edited by folkert Sept. 22, 2005, 11:23:16 AM EDT
New Time wounds all heels
so Critter's pretty safe :-)

New Are you close to where Rita will hit?
If so, take care! My cousins didn't leave today, but they are leaving in the morning for Trinity, they said their town was out of almost everything and they managed to get the last two boxes of bottled water available.

I'm so glad to hear Chris is going to be okay. Panic Attacks can be really scary when they cause such a variety of symptoms, I know, because I have them, so I sympathize with him.

You still have my prayers, Amy and Chris!

Brenda

New panic attack?
what's the deal with that?? checking gas prices again?

glad it was something "simple". make sure to take some time to stop and smell some flowers, admire a sunset etc...
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New *GRIN* Good news!
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Phew, glad he's on the mend. You take it easy too, OK?
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New I've got more beer!
Come on up if you want! :-)
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Groovy. :D
New Don't Panic

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Good news indeed!
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New now start querying what he was panicing about :-)
glad it wasnt physical, hope its not permanent, Critter is your ABF out of balance? hopes all good.
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Don't Worry, Be Happy
Critter was stressing because he always pushes himself to the limit. The doctor at the hospital also asked him what was making him so whacked out. Critter's answer didn't impress him. The Doc says, "If you possessed the launch codes for a nuclear weapon - yeah, that is stressful. But your company helps a bunch of number crunchers and bean counters...big whoop!"

Admittedly, there is more to the story. The company he works for ran out of money and stopped paying him in July. Also, our COBRA ran out 7/31/05 and the company was supposed to have provided a replacement, but didn't. It is a ticklish situation...if he leaves, the company dies and we get nothing. If he stays, there is the possiblity that the company will survive and we will have considerable equity in it. He felt compelled to remain, but the stress of no income really began to weigh heavily. We have been making it so far, but the end of the rope is getting all too visible.

I am doing what I can to bring in some income, but that only makes him feel worse. We still have a child in elementary school and he has always felt strongly about me staying home. So, I do what I can without disrupting the homelife too much.

His "boss" lent him out to an ex-partner to help us get some form of income. Unfortunately, it only served to push the envelope on how much more stress he could take. Finally, he hit the wall.

So, we are at the crossroads. Time to make some hefty decisions on where our lives are headed. Critter is a good man and I want to keep him around for awhile longer. Your kind words and good wishes are truly gifts from the heart.

Our cup runneth over.

Love and peace,
Amy

PS,
I got in a good dig with his "boss". Upon hearing that Chris was in the hospital, he asked if there was anything he could do. I said,"Yeah. Pay him and get him some health insurance."

Within 20 minutes, he was at the hospital with a check. Da Bastid! If he had done that sooner, we might not have had to go through all this.

Oh well, off to his bank to make sure it's not rubber.

Hugs,
amy

Kicking asses and taking names. Nobody messes with MY Critter!
New Cringelys Frossed! On the Anti-Rubberness.
--
New Critter is a good man, but...
I have serious doubts about his boss. Might be time to re-evaluate some options...
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Thanks for the support.
He won't listen to me, but maybe he will listen to you and the others. Unfortunately, he can't see the forest for the trees. If you can show him what the reality of his position is, maybe he will understand how valuable he is.

Apparently, my word means squat.

Piece o' chopped liver,
Amy

Pray for surviving Rita.
New On the immiscibility of science & flim-flam
Well, not having met that boss - nor worked under the ilk of 'today's expected MBA-quality of management', as most here have - I don't think my opinion should carry much weight -- maybe a gram of Bolivian Blueflake?

I do however fancy that I grok something of the quite-different 'sources of satisfaction' (and too often: satisfiction) as divide technical types | and bizness types.

Become immersed / obsessed in a bloody Good Problem! and you can overlook having Uriah Heep (or Caligula) for a boss - especially a 'boss' who apparently doesn't imagine he needs to understand much of the material within a complex field (or the Talent) he's allegedly 'Bossing' / making decisions about.

Nasty combo that. Obv. by inspection, I think.
Of course I can't know Critter's ways of accommodating this bizarre result of our letting-into-the-tent: the camel's nose / this Corporate Model for all of Life; now busily fucking up much that we used to take for granted about actual Life.

But IF That's ~ what seems to be going-on here, I'd second all recommendations of the better clued-in: for soliciting an Outside Reality Check on the prognosis for Mr. Boss surviving AND >paying off< (especially : Youse Guys in Particular.)

Y'know? Don't send a scientist to a Rah Rah Sales Carnival for a 'report' on the solvency and prospects of that company! When some bizness-folk are sinking, and fully-Identified with Their Baby / My Office - how are these any different, any more 'objective' -?- than the one hooked on an Insanely-Great Problem to solve.

My 3\ufffd ..in 1943-copper-pennies

Luck,
moi

tyop

Expand Edited by Ashton Sept. 23, 2005, 01:15:27 AM EDT
New Not sure if this will help, but I'll give it a shot
Speaking from someone with panic-anxiety who has a multitude of symptoms often (chest pains, side spasms, arms hurting, fast breathing, rapid heartbeat, flushed skin, etc), one of the best things you can do when you are feeling anxious or panicky is to express it to someone. Whether it be your spouse, your friend, your relative, or even to write it out on an internet site, that is one of the first steps to dealing with the symptoms.

If you can't address the issue in question or issues, directly, then the next best thing to do is to take them one at a time, and examine ways to reduce their ability to cause you stress. This is especially helpful when there are a large number of factors causing it all at once. Those you can't effect (affect?) at all, you do your best to accept that you can't. Those you can do even the tinest thing about, to relieve some of your anxiety, you make the effort to do whatever you can about.

Real Life Example: I had/have the following things on my mind, causing increased anxiety, fast rapid heartbeat, flushed skin, and sleeplessness all this week so far:

1. Getting the PA to work right at the church
2. Getting the Save The Date letter out to the family for the reunion committee
3. Dealing with the issue of my SIL, and the rest of the Reunion Committee regarding same.
4. Worrying about my cousins' exodus from Cleveland,Texas today
5. Trying to get the new music to the choir, (copy it etc.), and having to learn four new songs before Sunday, Oct 2nd. (I learned four new ones last week, already...I feel overwhelmed...)
6. My upcoming trip to the dentist on Sept 30th.

Okay, you take the list, and you examine it....

On #1, I spent part of Wednesday at the church trying to diagram parts of the board, and then wrote an e-mail to my brother regarding not being able to find the phantom power switch. So I managed to relieve SOME stress about this by making an effort to get more info. Then while I was there, I also copied all the music for the choir and got all the new music together for people (sheet music).

On #2, after a myriad of last minute changes, the letter went out tonight, for the most part... we had to hold several that live in the Texas area and New Orleans area, for obvious reasons, but it's MOSTLY gone... YAY!

On #3 I finally wrote SIL an e-mail tonight addressing how I felt about SIL's comments about how I talk/write, etc. Not sure if it will fix anything, but my heart finally stopped pounding, and it had started pounding at about 1:40 p.m. today when she posted a comment about it, and not slowed any until I sent the e-mail, no matter what I did to calm it.

On #4 There isn't much I can do here, except pray. I know my cousins made it to my other cousin's house in Trinity, and then they were all evacuated to a Red Cross shelter from her house. I can't help them, and I can't stop Rita, so I have to try to let it go and trust that they'll be ok.

On #5 I spent all day listening to the tape, (I learn by ear mostly), and I have a basic grasp of the tunes of the four songs, so I don't feel as overwhelmed as I did Monday. I haven't tried playing them yet, but that will come soon.

On #6 Also here, nothing I can do except try not to think about it.

See how it works, Chris? There might not be much you can do about some of the issues, but reducing stress in ANY area helps reduce the panic symptoms. This afternoon I was flushed, sweating, and my heart was racing. Since sending the letters, writing my SIL, and etc., it has finally settled down where maybe I can get some sleep soon.

Anyway, this is a method detailed in several books I have or have read about Panic Anxiety, (I'd be happy to give you the titles, Amy and Chris, if you want them), and every little bit helps when you're a panic anxiety sufferer whether long term, or situational.

Chris, I'm praying that you'll feel better soon, and take care. Also if you know the technique of deep breathing, that really helps. I'm still not very good at it, but I do keep trying to master it. My biggest problem is when I start getting anxious, I seem to forget how to do it then, and that is when I need it the most. :(

Hang in there!

Brenda

P.S. Chris, I know it's really really scary when you have those chest pains... it took me years to not always first think I was having a heart-attack. But you do adjust to knowing it and not getting as scared, eventually, anyway.

P.P.S.S. Amy, other people can help also, if they know what's needed. For example, when you told his boss to pay him, and his boss paid him, that was one little piece of stress you helped reduce. :)

Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 23, 2005, 02:14:37 AM EDT
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 23, 2005, 02:24:33 AM EDT
New Run! ekcetera
A company with a boss who *allows* it to "run out of money* is not a good long term bet. Find a new job yesterday. When I get in to work I'll post up my company job page. I'm sure they will have something in the right area and suitable to his skills.

I got to work. Here is the entry page to the multiple [link|http://www.pearson.com/people/jobsites.htm|Pearson jobs pages].
-----------------------------------------
George W. Bush and his PNAC handlers sent the US into Iraq with lies. I find myself rethinking my opposition to the death penalty.

--Donald Dean Richards Jr.
Expand Edited by Silverlock Sept. 23, 2005, 09:18:42 AM EDT
New Will check it out. Many thanks.

Pray for surviving Rita.
New I saw quite a few in TX.
numbering in the teens in the Aution area.

Some would be within range of Critter, for sure (ChrisR that is here) Project Managers, Programmers etc..

a few were in "Dead Corpus" Christi, but mainly sales...
--
New Critter Update
Took him to the doc on Friday. Finally have a medi-quack who will listen! I have been saying "Sleep Apnea" for quite some time. Other MQ's have blown me off with "he doesn't fit the profile". BFS! I got your profile, AH! Check him anyway! (and that was when we had insurance to pay for testing.)

Okay, so, finally, prime directive is to see a pulmonologist for sleep apnea testing. Hope we are finally on our way to some answers.

Love and peace to you all.
Amy

zIWT is the schizz!
     Prayers needed - (imqwerky) - (56)
         You know that he is in our thoughts. Updates appreciated. -NT - (ben_tilly)
         you got it. Hope everything comes out ok! -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         Prayers sent - (Nightowl)
         Hope he gets better soon. -NT - (jake123)
         You bet. - (Ashton)
         In my thoughts. Best of luck! -NT - (hnick)
         Done. -NT - (broomberg)
         Prayers sent. -NT - (imric)
         Fingers crossed,hoping for the best.Hang in there,both o ya! -NT - (CRConrad)
         Thought and prayers sent your way - (jbrabeck)
         Crapola! - (folkert)
         Gah... - (admin)
         Fingers crossed! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Hang in there! Don't worry. He's in good hands. - (Another Scott)
         Hope things are better this morning. - (bionerd)
         Hoping for the best. My thoughts are with you. -NT - (Silverlock)
         Best Wishes sent! - (bepatient)
         Will you settle for good thoughts? They're on the way -NT - (drewk)
         Doh! - (Yendor)
         We're thinkin' of him. -NT - (inthane-chan)
         Thoughts forwarded. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         My thoughts go with you . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Powerful good thoughts coming your (and Critter's) way! -NT - (jb4)
         Good thoughts-> -NT - (tuberculosis)
         GoodThoughts++ -NT - (altmann)
         Prayers said. - (static)
         Any news? -NT - (broomberg) - (18)
             I tried calling - (ben_tilly)
             Good news - (imqwerky) - (16)
                 Indeed. Try to relax now, all of you. - (Another Scott)
                 Glad to hear it. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                 Thanks for the update. -NT - (broomberg)
                 whew. Time for some R&R! -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                 Woo and Yay! -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Yay and Woo, too! -NT - (drewk)
                 Hot DAMN! - (folkert)
                 Time wounds all heels - (Ashton)
                 Are you close to where Rita will hit? - (Nightowl)
                 panic attack? - (cforde)
                 *GRIN* Good news! -NT - (imric)
                 Phew, glad he's on the mend. You take it easy too, OK? -NT - (Meerkat)
                 I've got more beer! - (bepatient)
                 Groovy. :D -NT - (inthane-chan)
                 Don't Panic -NT - (tuberculosis)
                 Good news indeed! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         now start querying what he was panicing about :-) - (boxley) - (9)
             Don't Worry, Be Happy - (imqwerky) - (8)
                 Cringelys Frossed! On the Anti-Rubberness. -NT - (folkert)
                 Critter is a good man, but... - (cforde) - (2)
                     Thanks for the support. - (imqwerky) - (1)
                         On the immiscibility of science & flim-flam - (Ashton)
                 Not sure if this will help, but I'll give it a shot - (Nightowl)
                 Run! ekcetera - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     Will check it out. Many thanks. -NT - (imqwerky) - (1)
                         I saw quite a few in TX. - (folkert)
         Critter Update - (imqwerky)

\o/
236 ms