IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New To each his own
I heard they already had introduced female penguins to the males, and the males showed no interest, thus confirming their gayness.
"I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers."
New Well, with many penguine varieties . .
. . the males can't tell the males from the females, so they present a gift to an attractive prospect. If they get clobbered it's a male, if it's accepted it's a female and if it's ignored I suspect it's probably also a female.

Of course, this system leaves any unsuspecting male wide open to deception by a queer male who accepts the gift instead of whacking him.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Unless the female steals the gift
Which then brings us back to our debate of last week!
And BTW, this is the 2nd penguin story discussed in 2 weeks. Odd.
"I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers."
New The stories are probably some kind of viral "Tux" memes...
...released as part of some sinister subliminal Linux campaign, or something.

For your sanity's sake, you'd better switch the channel / hit the "Back" button / turn the page as fast as you can, when next you see one.

(And remember to wear those tinfoil hats AT ALL TIMES, folks -- they're your ONLY protection from the mind-control satellites!)

[Edit: Typo. Out, damned spot! Out, I say!]

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
Expand Edited by CRConrad Feb. 17, 2005, 05:02:45 PM EST
New I always wear my tinfoil hat
Protects you from aliens, too.
New And what's odder
Is that I didn't start either penguin thread. ;)

I'm the huge penguin fan here, both of the adorable arctic bird and the Pittsburgh Hockey Team. ;)

Brenda

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." -- Hitopadesa 600?-1100? AD, Sanskrit Fable From Panchatantr
New Okay- the next penguin story is reserved for you!
New Silly New topic jump command .... take one failed.
Trying again... sorry.

Brenda

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." -- Hitopadesa 600?-1100? AD, Sanskrit Fable From Panchatantr
Expand Edited by Nightowl Feb. 17, 2005, 05:18:11 PM EST
New Well since you said that so nicely -- here ya go! (new thread)
Created as new thread #195221 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=195221|Well since you said that so nicely -- here ya go!]

New Penguins? They come up more often than you'd think (new thread)
Created as new thread #195219 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=195219|Penguins? They come up more often than you'd think]

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Just wondering, do you know what Linux' mascot is?
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Re: Just wondering, do you know what Linux' mascot is?
Yes!!
New Do you still think that Penguin stories around here are odd?
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Uh, guess not.
New How about obsessive?
New Linux Penguins!
We have a stuffed Linux Penguin, he sits in John's office. And I have lots of other stuffed Penguins amongst my 1500+ collection of critters. :)

Brenda
Nightowl >8#

New 1500 stuffed critters? That's scary.
How many owls in the lot?

Cheers,
Ben
New Nah, just crowded. ;)
70 Owls and 59 Penguins. :)

I'm off to pick up my car from Dobbs, back later.

Brenda

New Based on the timestamps ...
You didn't have to go count them to answer that.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Half right. :)
I actually just opened Access and loaded them by type alphabetically and then counted the rows. :)

And John managed to get my entire critter Access Data base into my Zire 31 too, it's awesome! Now when we go critter shopping, we don't run the risk of duplicating anymore (have done that with some Ty's and other familiar brands). After all, it's hard to keep track of 1505 critters. (And that isn't counting the 8 we bought yesterday and today, either). ;)

Brenda
Nightowl >8#

New Make that 2 penguin *sex* stories in 2 weeks!
Have whatever values you have. That's what America is for.
You don't need George Bush for that.
New One question

the males can't tell the males from the females, so they present a gift to an attractive prospect. If they get clobbered it's a male, if it's accepted it's a female and if it's ignored I suspect it's probably also a female.

\r\n\r\n

If they can't tell male from female, how does the one getting the gift know that it's a guy hitting on him?

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
\r\n[link|http://www.shtuff.us/|shtuff]
New Asumed by behavior.
Females never give gifts so a gift giver is by definition a male.

While it's possible a lezzie penguine might adopt gift behavior, it's not all that likely and hasn't been observed. Women who adopt male roles generally want to keep the female privilges as well.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Which leads to another strategy...
Act like a female.

Steal gift.

Present gift to suitable female, and hope she isn't a he using the same strategy.
"Here at Ortillery Command we have at our disposal hundred megawatt laser beams, mach 20 titanium rods and guided thermonuclear bombs. Some people say we think that we're God. We're not God. We just borrowed his 'SMITE' button for our fire control system."
New Could be more about commitment
than preference.

They wouldn't be the first animals to stay in so-so relationships to avoid the ickyness of breaking up.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Breaking up aint so hard to do.....
Wouldnt you rather be icky for awhile than miserable for the rest of your life?
     Harassment ends - (lincoln) - (28)
         Wrong on *SO* many levels. -NT - (folkert) - (1)
             One of them being, it's "Bremerhaven" [sic]. -NT - (CRConrad)
         To each his own - (bionerd) - (25)
             Well, with many penguine varieties . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (22)
                 Unless the female steals the gift - (bionerd) - (18)
                     The stories are probably some kind of viral "Tux" memes... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         I always wear my tinfoil hat - (bionerd)
                     And what's odder - (Nightowl) - (3)
                         Okay- the next penguin story is reserved for you! -NT - (bionerd) - (2)
                             Silly New topic jump command .... take one failed. - (Nightowl)
                             Well since you said that so nicely -- here ya go! (new thread) - (Nightowl)
                     Penguins? They come up more often than you'd think (new thread) - (tuberculosis)
                     Just wondering, do you know what Linux' mascot is? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                         Re: Just wondering, do you know what Linux' mascot is? - (bionerd) - (8)
                             Do you still think that Penguin stories around here are odd? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                 Uh, guess not. -NT - (bionerd) - (6)
                                     How about obsessive? -NT - (hnick)
                                     Linux Penguins! - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                         1500 stuffed critters? That's scary. - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                             Nah, just crowded. ;) - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                 Based on the timestamps ... - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     Half right. :) - (Nightowl)
                     Make that 2 penguin *sex* stories in 2 weeks! -NT - (GBert)
                 One question - (ubernostrum) - (2)
                     Asumed by behavior. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Which leads to another strategy... - (inthane-chan)
             Could be more about commitment - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 Breaking up aint so hard to do..... - (bionerd)

Almost never.
192 ms