IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting retort.
Perhaps she should just be happy being alive I suppose.

Who needs goals in >life< like education, self betterment...etc

Beep said successful...he must mean cash.

You need to find at least a second track for your mind to operate on once in a while.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: Interesting spin on 'Success'; dictionary says <obs>
One would imagine from that, that any idea of $$$$$ :-0
would be a gross misrepresentation of the Normal Murican FIRST-association with that word.

Of course you are right: the 'Success' of a B Gates, a D Trump, a Chain-saw wozzisname? -- are all about the Examples set. Leadership, Moral Suasion, Love-of-God and just all-round Good Citizenship, not to mention their Social Stewardship and overall role in elevating the general quality of Liff for All Muricans.

I am forced to concede that, whereas our ex-AG was rescued from the ignominy of being defeated by a Dead Man -in his Last position over which anyone had a vote- our new-SS never was defeated by a Dead Woman.

I sense that, in this there is Progress (is that a bit like Success?)

Perhaps we can dissect compassionate during some other lull..
(The new Millennial dictionary will need lots of corrected definitions, I foresee.)
I note too a lot of ads, on PBS too - are now using the very-same phrase, even though it was rendered ludicrous upon its first recent use by The Beast,

We Are Passionate About [Accounting! .. is the most hilarious recent one.]

Yours most faithfully in Success's service,

moi,
A Miserable Failure..
in the acquisition of Paid Congresscritters Doing My Bidding for the benefit of Gawd and Country - and certainly NOT for the $$$$$
New Do you ever get out of your house?
I do have a lot of compassion for you when you do - walking around, looking at people passing by, being sure that they are "Normal Murican"s. You really must feel like you're in an inverted zoo all the time.
--

- I was involuntarily self-promoted into management.

[link|http://kerneltrap.org/node/4484|Richard Stallman]

New Interesting.
Cause all the "American" dictionaries list the $$$ after "accomplishing the desired outcome/achieving an established goal". Minor point,I suppose, that you seem to continue to miss with your lovely examples.

If your goal was progress...well then you were successful, weren't you?

Feel free to dissect any word you like. It helps, though, to start with the more common meanings.

Which is better...compassion or empathy? I feel your pain.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Really.. Beep
We are all humongously aware of the many connotations of this all-purpose umbrella-word.

(But you're trying to assert with-straight-face that, within this culture - so hooked on the daily $$ doings as to be Obsessive - it's the Goodier ones that come first! in the jelloware. Oh. Really.)

Maybe we should just elide words like success, for the same reasons that we now think twice about using the word innovation. We can add them to the growing list of once useful symbols, forever corrupted by Advertainment and Newspeak, whereby a war-on-lies morphs into daily lies-on-war.

Then there's gay .. and finally, forever in the land of the Laughable: compassionate conservative (in that case, each separately.. I mean, when your symbols are a group who used to be Trotskyites, and when 'conservation' has come to mean profligate debt and reversal of all fortune..)

But let us never surrender, emasculate the most descriptive word, that which is the blueprint for corrupting all the other ones: hypocrisy. That one's worth going to the barricades for!

As to Lovely Rita, Metermaid Successful Condi .. how's that classic Soth'n praise-with-faint-Damn go?
etc. etc. ... but, Gawd love [___], the little dear(s).

(Right up there with, Hey, It's All Good!)

cha
New Sure.
American culture has so destroyed all things human that we might as well just blow ourselves up now.

Oh wait...thats someone else's mo.

And for someone who chastises the conservative...you sure seem to pine quite a bit for the days where these things weren't so "spoiled".

Oh well.

New Hardly a matter of 'the days when'
It's a matter of 'attitude towards' the value nay Necessity of uncorrupted language, especially re such Idiotically false dichotomies as, Liberal/Conservative Left/Right and the rest of the dumbspeak which forever keeps Murican 'politics' paralyzed in Romper Room.

(Perhaps it's unMurican to harp on the absurdity that IS Murican politico-speak. Very well, then.)

And in (apparently your-) lexicon, I Am Conservative of Such Valuez; it is the (successful Rovian-) myth seized by the current crop of mind-fucking Trotskyites, that... Valuez belong only to the Troglodytes.

So many straw-men; so few butane lighters.

WDYHASM
New YOU are the one that claimed this is a current condition,
Ash.

The fact of the matter is that the meaning of success is NOT $$$. I don't think of it that way. I doubt I'm alone.

Of course, that may be how YOU define it, along with those you so bitterly criticize.

See? You have something in common with your foes! You are building bridges!

Really, Ash - once again, you seem to be comfortable with abetting 'language murder' when it's convenient to your own point.
[link|http://forfree.sytes.net|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Expand Edited by imric Feb. 17, 2005, 07:01:31 AM EST
New You are not alone in your definition.
But you are hardly of the majority. At least in this kuntry.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
New I doubt that.
This group is hardly cut from a cross-section, my friend.

New Re: Hardly a matter of 'the days when'
WDYHASM

Must have been a sig or a statement.

Should have been WDIHASM when included in your post. At that point it simply is out of place and should be listed at the beginning of your post...because the remainder of the post is a fine example of "let me count the ways".

New Hey...If pining for a time when...
...the Fascist were foreign instead of domestic, I happily license you to use the term "Reactionary" to describe me any time.

And I guess your tacit (and often less-than-tacit) support for Duh's "budget management" makes you a "Liberal", by your own definition of the word.

Fits right in with Ashton's language murder theme, don't it?
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Compassionate Conservatives with gay daughters - (tuberculosis) - (87)
         Triplets, I take it...? -NT - (admin) - (4)
             Extra lesbians are not necessarily a bad thing -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                 Blatant LPRDism angling. *shunned* -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     ..but if your wrist is connected to a USB port -NT - (Ashton)
             Testament to the high quality of my internet connection -NT - (tuberculosis)
         Keyes is a nutjob - (JayMehaffey) - (81)
             Don't think they need him for that. - (bepatient) - (80)
                 All of which are appointed posistions - (JayMehaffey)
                 Dupe -NT - (JayMehaffey)
                 Uncle Toms don't count. HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (77)
                     Nice racist comment - (bepatient) - (3)
                         Just learned to play the game. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             Typical rationalization - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Not because they "think" differently. - (mmoffitt)
                     Only gangsta-rappers need apply? -NT - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                         Nope...too successful -NT - (bepatient)
                     That isn't fair - (JayMehaffey) - (70)
                         sorry. my dad said the same thing - (daemon) - (29)
                             Same thing? - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                 sigh, give me a list of successful black men to follow - (daemon) - (4)
                                     George Washington Carver comes to mind...ottomh - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                         Martin Luther King Jr likewise... - (ben_tilly)
                                         hard to follow these two they are dead :-) -NT - (daemon) - (1)
                                             Oops, sorry, thought you wanted people - (Simon_Jester)
                             Can't back up the quote - (JayMehaffey) - (22)
                                 If she said that on the record - (Arkadiy) - (21)
                                     Heh. She "came up" in Texas, that's how. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                                         hrm - (bepatient) - (19)
                                             How 'bout "Texas brung her to the WH"? Okay? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                                 And none of the afformentioned... - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                     Proud of this one (you omitted it, so I doubt it). - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                         And this has exactly >what<... - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                             I can't keep up with ya. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                                 and yet you're blaming it on Texas... -NT - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                                                     That was a poorly placed tongue-in-cheek reference to her - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 And again... - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                     Clinton's team - (JayMehaffey)
                                                                     Oops.... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                                                                         Sure I have...... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                                             D-I-Z-Z-Y - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                                 Quote - (bepatient)
                                                                             BZZT.... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                                                                                 Ok...so now it gets even more complicated. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                     No, no, no, no, no.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                                                         Finally - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                             There we go - (tuberculosis)
                                             I will say this - (jake123)
                         Linky for Condi's comments? Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (38)
                             Does it matter? - (mmoffitt) - (37)
                                 I don't think she's sleazy. - (Another Scott) - (36)
                                     C'mon now - (bepatient) - (35)
                                         'Successful' - oh well, then -- what more need be said? -NT - (Ashton) - (12)
                                             Interesting retort. - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                 Re: Interesting spin on 'Success'; dictionary says <obs> - (Ashton) - (10)
                                                     Do you ever get out of your house? - (Arkadiy)
                                                     Interesting. - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                         Really.. Beep - (Ashton) - (7)
                                                             Sure. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                 Hardly a matter of 'the days when' - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                     YOU are the one that claimed this is a current condition, - (imric) - (2)
                                                                         You are not alone in your definition. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                             I doubt that. - (bepatient)
                                                                     Re: Hardly a matter of 'the days when' - (bepatient)
                                                                 Hey...If pining for a time when... - (jb4)
                                         Successful != Effective - (tuberculosis) - (21)
                                             Possibly not - (bepatient) - (20)
                                                 That and the out and out lies - (tuberculosis) - (18)
                                                     Those aren't lies to Beep, she simply "mis-spoke". -NT - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                                         She's in politics. - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                             What's fuzzy about - (tuberculosis) - (15)
                                                                 Can I have an "Amen" from the crowd? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                     Amen! -NT - (imric)
                                                                     Hosanna -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                                     Hallelujah! -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                                                     Doo-wah Diddy!...errrr...Amen! - (jb4)
                                                                 Fine. - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                                     Who would that be.. -NT - (imric)
                                                                     Would be a huge improvement - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                                                         You aren't alone. - (imric) - (6)
                                                                             It started with the Father of the Them All. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                 I think he actually believed - (imric) - (2)
                                                                                     True. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                         And of course if RR had been forced to live by his policies - (tuberculosis)
                                                                             Brevity Award - two ears and a tail. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                 Mahablog agrees with you there - (tuberculosis)
                                                 Watch my left hand while my right hand... - (jb4)
                         Rice is the one who claimed... - (Simon_Jester)

LYNX-tested and approved!
93 ms