IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Touch screen.
It didn't seem to be a Diebold machine, but the brand didn't jump out at me. There were 6 of them in our elementary school polling place. (There's a Winders demonstration video on [link|http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/gov/eb/homepage.htm|this] page if you're interested.)

The voting was quick and painless.

Previously, we used a plastic panel with membrane buttons then pushed a big VOTE button when we were done. We didn't get a paper receipt then either. I have confidence that my vote will be counted correctly because there were several monitors present and because I have faith in my local elections officials. YMMV. (And quit calling me "Pollyanna" :-)

As I mentioned in Politics, it was the busiest I've ever seen. It took me 45 minutes and I heard the wait was much longer when the polls opened at 6:00.

I hope people don't wait too long to get out there and vote.

Cheers,
Scott.
New All the polling site I went past on way to drop off daughter
were packed and some had lines out the doors. Polls opened in Minnesota at 07:00 and I was driving past at 07:05.

My mom is one of the election judges. She couldn't comprehend why they were warned that there might be significant lines today. She's been a judge forever, and could not recall ever having any lines at her polling site. May today be different!

Lastly, Sec of State is predicting even higher voter turnout than in 2000, when Minnesota had a 69% voter turnout.

Off to vote.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
     I just finished a first for me - (Silverlock) - (27)
         Hear ye, hear ye?? - (hnick) - (1)
             My site was under the control of a WWII vet - (Silverlock)
         How did you vote? - (pwhysall) - (11)
             Punch cards - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 Here's to your chad being undimpled or hanging or pregnant. -NT - (pwhysall)
             Paper and pencil - (Yendor)
             Touch screen. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 All the polling site I went past on way to drop off daughter - (jbrabeck)
             Absentee. - (inthane-chan)
             Scanner - (altmann)
             Fill-in-the-dots (SAT-style) - (jb4) - (1)
                 same here - (lincoln)
             Punch card - (drewk)
             Ink punch - (Andrew Grygus)
         Stood in line for about half an hour - (JayMehaffey) - (11)
             We ALL have to show id and sign register - in Minnesota -NT - (jbrabeck) - (10)
                 All we do is give a name and address. - (admin) - (9)
                     How do they prevent you from coming back multiple times? - (jbrabeck) - (4)
                         Your name gets marked off the voter list with a highlighter. - (admin) - (3)
                             Re: Your name gets marked off the voter list with a highligh - (JayMehaffey)
                             Did you not have to give a signature as well? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 Yes. - (admin)
                     They do in Missouri - (Nightowl) - (3)
                         Well thank the Lord - (deSitter) - (2)
                             hate to see her in a fast food line - (daemon) - (1)
                                 Nah, fast food lines are ok - (Nightowl)
         Absentee - Friday - (tuberculosis)

The following is a paid announcement.
257 ms