IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 7 minutes.
9 tops.

Lots and lots of Monday morning quarterbacking about 7 minutes.

He should've done cartwheels out of the office!

He should've know after the first crash! (which is probably accurate and heads should've rolled at FAA) (and even though reports had it as a small craft crash at first...I was listening live at that time)

7 minutes.

Boy, we could've caught Bin Laden red handed if he would have got out in 3 instead of 7.

And I retract the kool-aid statement. You were there and terribly close. For us listening on radio, it was not apparent until the second plane. I sat in my car for the same 7 minutes...mine realizing just what had occurred, grieving for those I knew to be dead and structuing what I was going to have to do in the next several hours to guard the safety of the company travelers that I was responsible for.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
Expand Edited by bepatient Sept. 30, 2004, 03:01:58 PM EDT
New Would have made a difference
when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...
New Um. Ok.
Thems some impressive u-boats ;-)
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New I'm just lazy
I assumed that the antiphonal "Never mind, he's on a roll" would be inferred.
Animal House reference?
Never mind...
New 7 minutes... More than enuf time...
...to start planning for the overthrow of Saddam as the proper response.
New Maybe thats what he was thinking.
Oh wait, if we listen to the critics he is incapable of thought.

Never mind.

New Why are you complaining to me?
I said what I would do. I also made it clear that I'm not criticizing Bush for having done something different.

So why am I getting criticism from you on this? And how was I close to the kool-aid in your opinion?

And yes, I was closer than you, a lot closer. The people sorting body parts relaxed in the same lounge that I did. That's plenty close for me.

Ben
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
New Apologies.
That entire line of questioning just annoys me...sorry.

Moore's koolaid, in my opinion, is the only reason anyone even wonders about those 7 minutes. You feel differently, respected.

New That's odd
Moore's koolaid, in my opinion, is the only reason anyone even wonders about those 7 minutes. You feel differently, respected.

I wondered about them the day it happened and it was aired on TV. I guess the movie must question it more intensely then, because I never worried about them, just wondered about them, and I never saw the movie, nor will I.

Ah well, we can't get the 7 minutes back so we move forward. :)

Nightowl >8#

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
     super ROFL! Bush on O'Reilly - (daemon) - (47)
         He was also on Dr. Phil today - (Nightowl)
         I believe it all, actually - (GBert) - (45)
             Disagree on 911 - (daemon) - (2)
                 He wasn't speaking to them -- he was *listening* -NT - (GBert)
                 Wrong - (deSitter)
             Y'all have no idea whats inside AF One, do you? - (bepatient) - (41)
                 Even inside that classroom? - (GBert) - (40)
                     Excuse me? - (bepatient) - (39)
                         It was my understanding - (Nightowl) - (37)
                             Oh stop. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Re: Oh stop. - (Nightowl)
                             He wasn't reading to them - (ben_tilly) - (34)
                                 I do remember - (Nightowl) - (33)
                                     After plane #2. - (bepatient) - (32)
                                         Thanks for reminding me - (Nightowl) - (14)
                                             "Scared them"? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                 Yeah, that's even better - (Nightowl)
                                             Silly question for you - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                                                 Not silly - (Nightowl) - (10)
                                                     If that really was Bush's reasoning - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                         No, the person who should be leading the country - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                                             Not to put too fine a point on it - (jake123)
                                                             Not "worthless", just unfairly distributed ;-p -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                     Why are you so concerned about this? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                         Not really sure - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                             Strange - (jake123) - (3)
                                                                 Well, it was mostly the imagery - (Nightowl)
                                                                 How about if you thought that they might try to target you? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                     Wasn't talking about Bush - (jake123)
                                         You're usually better with facts than this - (ben_tilly) - (16)
                                             Actually, I saw it on regular TV - (Nightowl) - (6)
                                                 Just when I think that you cannot flabbergast me again... - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                     Ben, did I get it right? (read all the way to the bottom) - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                         Yes -NT - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                             Allright! - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                                 Don't consider it an accomplishment - I expected more -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                     Well I do anyway - (Nightowl)
                                             7 minutes. - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                 Would have made a difference - (hnick) - (2)
                                                     Um. Ok. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                         I'm just lazy - (hnick)
                                                 7 minutes... More than enuf time... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                     Maybe thats what he was thinking. - (bepatient)
                                                 Why are you complaining to me? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                     Apologies. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                         That's odd - (Nightowl)
                         Here's a timeline - (GBert)

Fighting and romance are weirdly similar in many ways. Two people lock eyes in a crowded room. Everybody can feel the intensity of the emotions between them. One of them suggests that they step outside. “Come on, just you and me.” It starts out dignified, but they end up rolling around, tearing at each other’s clothing.

Also, both fighting and romance tend to look a lot better in movies than they do in real life.
65 ms