IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not silly
You keep on being concerned about whether the kids got scared.

How many of those kids do you think found out what happened anyways, and got scared despite Bush trying to protect them?

Wondering,

Oh I'm sure all of them got scared. I just meant, that maybe they should be told in a better manner than he might have managed, maybe with the teachers there telling them, or even bringing their parents to the school to tell them. Otherwise he might have left a room full of panicked children with the teachers trying to handle it.

Just my thoughts, that a parent might have been the better choice to explain it to their own child.

Nightowl >8#

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
New If that really was Bush's reasoning
Then I'd want him out of office even more than I do now.

Pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but nobody whose sense of perspective is that out of whack should be making life and death decisions for a country. But then again anybody who is unable to find a stock excuse for leaving a room would fail miserably in politics.

Regards,
Ben
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
New No, the person who should be leading the country
is someone like mmoffitt, who repeatedly stated that the current crop of "Western Civilization" is worthless and should be promptly sacrificed. Not a guy who is suspect of thinking about a roomful of children.
--

... a reference to Presidente Arbusto.
-- [link|http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/001417.html|Geoffrey K. Pullum]
New Not to put too fine a point on it
I think he should have headed out immediately. Considering the scale of what was happening, and the very real ways he could have cut it short without freaking them out, he should have gotten to work.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Not "worthless", just unfairly distributed ;-p
bcnu,
Mikem

"The struggle for the emancipation of the working class is not between races or religions. It is one of class against class. Every trace of anti-Semitism, or any form of race hatred cannot assist the oppressed, it can on the contrary only aid the exploiters. Workers of all nationality, religion or creed must stand together against the common enemy: capitalism."
-Ted Grant
New Why are you so concerned about this?
Seems ridiculous to me.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Not really sure
But maybe it's because I, as an adult, was scared more than I can imagine by the events of 9/11 so maybe I figure the kids would have been scared even more than that...

It's not so much of a concern, as we were speculating why Bush waited 7 minutes before leaving, and I guessed maybe it was to not upset the kids routine and scare them.

I don't know, maybe he even used that 7 minutes to think and wasn't really listening to the kids by that point?

Nightowl >8#

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
New Strange
I wasn't particularly scared by the WTC stuff. Pissed off, yes, but not scared.

'Course, if I'd been in the immediate environs, that would've been different.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Well, it was mostly the imagery
How to explain this...

First of all, I have Panic Anxiety, which tends to exaggerate fears even though I work hard at preventing it.

also, the imagery is what does it. I see the image of the plane hitting the building, and I saw it all day and for weeks. I then have this image stuck in my head, along with maybe whatever others, such as the building collapsing.

So then the plane becomes the fear, so every time I hear a plane, I jump, and then when I go to bed I "see a plane" crashing into my house.

It took a long time, but I got past it. This is a reason I don't see movies with vivid imagery or unexpected scenes that make you jump, (for example, horror movies or thriller ones), and why I watch CSI in the daytime with John describing in a play by play the parts I absolutely can not watch.

Hope that helps explain it.

Brenda

New How about if you thought that they might try to target you?
The zig-zag path that Bush took through the rest of the day indicates that he was at least somewhat concerned about personal risk.

Cheers,
Ben
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
New Wasn't talking about Bush
was talking about Owl.

For Bush to be concerned about that strikes me as completely reasonable.
     super ROFL! Bush on O'Reilly - (daemon) - (47)
         He was also on Dr. Phil today - (Nightowl)
         I believe it all, actually - (GBert) - (45)
             Disagree on 911 - (daemon) - (2)
                 He wasn't speaking to them -- he was *listening* -NT - (GBert)
                 Wrong - (deSitter)
             Y'all have no idea whats inside AF One, do you? - (bepatient) - (41)
                 Even inside that classroom? - (GBert) - (40)
                     Excuse me? - (bepatient) - (39)
                         It was my understanding - (Nightowl) - (37)
                             Oh stop. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Re: Oh stop. - (Nightowl)
                             He wasn't reading to them - (ben_tilly) - (34)
                                 I do remember - (Nightowl) - (33)
                                     After plane #2. - (bepatient) - (32)
                                         Thanks for reminding me - (Nightowl) - (14)
                                             "Scared them"? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                 Yeah, that's even better - (Nightowl)
                                             Silly question for you - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                                                 Not silly - (Nightowl) - (10)
                                                     If that really was Bush's reasoning - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                         No, the person who should be leading the country - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                                             Not to put too fine a point on it - (jake123)
                                                             Not "worthless", just unfairly distributed ;-p -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                     Why are you so concerned about this? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                         Not really sure - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                             Strange - (jake123) - (3)
                                                                 Well, it was mostly the imagery - (Nightowl)
                                                                 How about if you thought that they might try to target you? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                     Wasn't talking about Bush - (jake123)
                                         You're usually better with facts than this - (ben_tilly) - (16)
                                             Actually, I saw it on regular TV - (Nightowl) - (6)
                                                 Just when I think that you cannot flabbergast me again... - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                     Ben, did I get it right? (read all the way to the bottom) - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                         Yes -NT - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                             Allright! - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                                 Don't consider it an accomplishment - I expected more -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                     Well I do anyway - (Nightowl)
                                             7 minutes. - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                 Would have made a difference - (hnick) - (2)
                                                     Um. Ok. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                         I'm just lazy - (hnick)
                                                 7 minutes... More than enuf time... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                     Maybe thats what he was thinking. - (bepatient)
                                                 Why are you complaining to me? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                     Apologies. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                         That's odd - (Nightowl)
                         Here's a timeline - (GBert)

Sorry, what? I wasn't listening. I was fantasizing that I was far away, very alone, and reading a book.
69 ms