IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey, glad to see ya :)
Hell, given some of the stuff I've posted on here in recent weeks, you're not *out* of the "nice zone" yet :-)

Welcome aboard!

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Re: Hey, glad to see ya :)
I dig the new server. Still hate the ezBoard style, though. :-)

Glad to hear I'm not jumping in and stomping on community norms. This "MS shill" thing irritates me to no end, though. And especially from marlowe, who is clearly one of *those* people. You know, "The world has nothing to teach me, for I am better than all of you." Look, it's great fun:

Just recently I've reviewed my reasons for rejecting Objectivism all those years ago.

Hehehe. He actually put enough effort into thinking about Objectivism that he has reasons he can review for having rejected it. And to think, I just recognized it as a desperate attempt by the vain to justify their self-love. What are the odds that his reasons were that Ayn Rand didn't actually name him personally in any of her writings?

I'm smart enough that I can manipulate stupid people for my own amusement, and keep them distracted enough that they do less damage.

marlowe, Hitler, Huey Long, Ronald Reagan, Ronald McDonald, that guy down at the used car lot... should I go on? Such eminent company he keeps.

What I want is a solution. Powerlessness sucks.

(Note: The following is not an insult.) Look around you. Try to figure out that you're not the greatest pinnacle of human acheivement. Learn something. Teach someone something. Make the world better, instead of just flushing yourself down your gold-plated navel.

It's no fun being right when you're not the one making decisions.

News flash: maybe there's a reason you're not the one making the decisions.

Ah well. I've probably trashed this thread enough by now. Have you all gone through this with marlowe before? Am I just now discovering a great toy that you've all already played with and put back in the closet?

"An angry fieldmouse." I love it. :-)
--
K5 is awful in a completely different way than Slashdot
New Re: Hey, glad to see ya :)
I dig the new server. Still hate the ezBoard style, though. :-)
Yeah, well. Me Too.</aol>

We've had this discussion here at length, I can tell you :)

It *is* better, inasmuch that threads are, well, threaded, rather than the all-but-random display style of EzBug.

No ads, too - props to Jason and Scott for making this happen.

But beware. Scott's planning on rewriting this (he built it from nothing in three weeks in Zope), but he's not yet finally specified the language. Expect to see implementations in Forth, 68000 assembler and Cobol. Oh, and Java :)

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Don't forget INTERCAL
I've specified the language (or at least, I've narrowed it to two web coding environments)... just need the time.

And if Someone Else decides to finish the PHP version that I started, I may never have to rewrite it. ;-)

Refresh me, though. Which parts of the ezShite style do you hate?
Regards,

-scott anderson
     MS shill spreading FUD on Kuro5hin - (marlowe) - (33)
         K5 has gotten too popular. - (static) - (15)
             And one that many Usenet groups went down before that - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                 Yes, I was also thinking something along those lines. -NT - (static)
                 Have to admit - (kmself) - (7)
                     True enough. - (static)
                     An admission of my own - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                         No hard feelings - (rusty) - (4)
                             Decisions, decisions - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                 Are you on the high side of the chasm? - (wharris2) - (2)
                                     A more readable version - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Much better -NT - (wharris2)
                 Leading to an unpleasant dilemna. - (marlowe)
             Nah. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 Yah. You're right. - (static) - (2)
                     The ultimate test is to see how they - (tablizer) - (1)
                         Okay, then. I'll be watching. -NT - (static)
         Gee, that's not a conclusion you just jumped to, is it? - (kmself) - (14)
             Conclusions jumped to long ago... - (rusty) - (9)
                 Hey, glad to see ya :) - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     Re: Hey, glad to see ya :) - (rusty) - (2)
                         Re: Hey, glad to see ya :) - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Don't forget INTERCAL - (admin)
                 Smells like ad hominem. - (marlowe) - (4)
                     Speaking of sniping at the messenger... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         An Ad Hominem for an Ad Hominem - (rusty)
                     I love archaeology. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Ah.. fossils. - (Ashton)
             No, that's an observation of an overall pattern. - (marlowe) - (2)
                 Reading this... - (pwhysall)
                 Where to begin - (kmself)
             Nope kinda like bens answer, went and wasnt amused/enthused -NT - (boxley)
         I read the article in question, I am not a MS$ fan - (boxley) - (1)
             Missing the forest for the trees. - (marlowe)

If your role can be replaced by Keanu Reeves miming walking into a non-existent wall, then you probably need to go back to waiting tables at the Ground Round--make that the homeless shelter.
108 ms