IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Conclusions jumped to long ago...
Lemme expand on this...

C4L has been around since nearly the beginning, as well as being one of the few remaining clue-wielding users still at Slashdot. He's smart, knowlegeable about a wide range of things, and writes great articles, which frequently criticize MS more than they praise it. He's never made it any secret that he worked there at one time, and if you actually read his articles, it's clear that if MS is paying him to astroturf, they're not getting their money's worth. Case in point: I love his work, and I still hate MS.

Oh, and there's one other thing that makes the claim of "C4L == MS Shill" so riotously funny you'd all just die laughing, but unfortunately I can't tell you what it is. Trust me though, it makes you look like such an unbelievable ass, along with Eloquence and all the other idiots who participated in a thread similar to this on the K5 article.

The opinions commonly associated with unthinking acceptance of what one is taught not only predominate on K5, they dominate.

That's so asinine I don't even know where to begin. Anyone wishing to contribute to the "buy marlowe a clue fund" please send paypal donations to marlowe_clue@kuro5hin.org. On second thought, never mind. We could never collect enough...

Meanwhile, both anti-MS zealots and pro-MS zealots (as well as pro- and anti-American zealots, and any zealot of any other type) should seek medical help for their rectal-cranial inversions. I'm frankly sick and fucking tired of K5 being accused of being shills for $THING because someone read an article that disagreed with their inbred^H^H^H^Hborn biases.

We aren't shills for anything. Get it straight. And if you are unwilling to approach any subject with an open mind, go read whatever site will simply reaffirm your existing ideas. I'm sure you can find one.

To those of you IWeThey-ers who just suffered through this diatribe unnecessarily, I apologize. It wasn't aimed at you. :-)
This isn't my site, so I don't necessarily have to be nice. :-)
New Hey, glad to see ya :)
Hell, given some of the stuff I've posted on here in recent weeks, you're not *out* of the "nice zone" yet :-)

Welcome aboard!

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Re: Hey, glad to see ya :)
I dig the new server. Still hate the ezBoard style, though. :-)

Glad to hear I'm not jumping in and stomping on community norms. This "MS shill" thing irritates me to no end, though. And especially from marlowe, who is clearly one of *those* people. You know, "The world has nothing to teach me, for I am better than all of you." Look, it's great fun:

Just recently I've reviewed my reasons for rejecting Objectivism all those years ago.

Hehehe. He actually put enough effort into thinking about Objectivism that he has reasons he can review for having rejected it. And to think, I just recognized it as a desperate attempt by the vain to justify their self-love. What are the odds that his reasons were that Ayn Rand didn't actually name him personally in any of her writings?

I'm smart enough that I can manipulate stupid people for my own amusement, and keep them distracted enough that they do less damage.

marlowe, Hitler, Huey Long, Ronald Reagan, Ronald McDonald, that guy down at the used car lot... should I go on? Such eminent company he keeps.

What I want is a solution. Powerlessness sucks.

(Note: The following is not an insult.) Look around you. Try to figure out that you're not the greatest pinnacle of human acheivement. Learn something. Teach someone something. Make the world better, instead of just flushing yourself down your gold-plated navel.

It's no fun being right when you're not the one making decisions.

News flash: maybe there's a reason you're not the one making the decisions.

Ah well. I've probably trashed this thread enough by now. Have you all gone through this with marlowe before? Am I just now discovering a great toy that you've all already played with and put back in the closet?

"An angry fieldmouse." I love it. :-)
--
K5 is awful in a completely different way than Slashdot
New Re: Hey, glad to see ya :)
I dig the new server. Still hate the ezBoard style, though. :-)
Yeah, well. Me Too.</aol>

We've had this discussion here at length, I can tell you :)

It *is* better, inasmuch that threads are, well, threaded, rather than the all-but-random display style of EzBug.

No ads, too - props to Jason and Scott for making this happen.

But beware. Scott's planning on rewriting this (he built it from nothing in three weeks in Zope), but he's not yet finally specified the language. Expect to see implementations in Forth, 68000 assembler and Cobol. Oh, and Java :)

Peter
Shill For Hire
New Don't forget INTERCAL
I've specified the language (or at least, I've narrowed it to two web coding environments)... just need the time.

And if Someone Else decides to finish the PHP version that I started, I may never have to rewrite it. ;-)

Refresh me, though. Which parts of the ezShite style do you hate?
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Smells like ad hominem.
Just face it. K5 is a dud. I pointed out the problems at the beginning because they were there at the beginning. I stayed because I had some hope things could be fixed. But this comment shows you're not even willing to face the issues squarely.

I'm sorry this hurts your feelings, but it has to be said. Quit sniping at the messenger and face reality.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
New Speaking of sniping at the messenger...
I think you should read what Rusty wrote, carefully.

Yes, it is ad hominem in the true meaning of, "Attack the man".

That doesn't mean that the attack is entirely unjustified...

Cheers,
Ben
New An Ad Hominem for an Ad Hominem
"Attack the man" seemed like the only reasonable strategy, since that's what marlowe started the thread off with.

And, marlowe, it really doesn't hurt my feelings. Sorry. I do hope you find a site that you can enjoy, and it's clear that it won't be K5. I'd say we'll miss you, but I'd be lying.
New I love archaeology.
Still think K5 is a dud?

3 years later, 50000 users, software powering a number of high profile sites?

Does that crow taste GOOD?

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Ah.. fossils.
But then, all this blather was from the rudderless years, that floundering: pre-discovery of the PNAC.. and Direction.

Since those unfortunate years of angst, he has become Washed in the Blood of the Neoconman hymn. No more callow quavering uncertainties with an, "it may be that.." or... "I may be missing something, but -" (Like this wavering opus of measured objectivityObjectivity?)

No more conditionals! Now he's rilly Certain of those certainties.

And You Aren't.
     MS shill spreading FUD on Kuro5hin - (marlowe) - (33)
         K5 has gotten too popular. - (static) - (15)
             And one that many Usenet groups went down before that - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                 Yes, I was also thinking something along those lines. -NT - (static)
                 Have to admit - (kmself) - (7)
                     True enough. - (static)
                     An admission of my own - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                         No hard feelings - (rusty) - (4)
                             Decisions, decisions - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                 Are you on the high side of the chasm? - (wharris2) - (2)
                                     A more readable version - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Much better -NT - (wharris2)
                 Leading to an unpleasant dilemna. - (marlowe)
             Nah. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 Yah. You're right. - (static) - (2)
                     The ultimate test is to see how they - (tablizer) - (1)
                         Okay, then. I'll be watching. -NT - (static)
         Gee, that's not a conclusion you just jumped to, is it? - (kmself) - (14)
             Conclusions jumped to long ago... - (rusty) - (9)
                 Hey, glad to see ya :) - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     Re: Hey, glad to see ya :) - (rusty) - (2)
                         Re: Hey, glad to see ya :) - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Don't forget INTERCAL - (admin)
                 Smells like ad hominem. - (marlowe) - (4)
                     Speaking of sniping at the messenger... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         An Ad Hominem for an Ad Hominem - (rusty)
                     I love archaeology. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Ah.. fossils. - (Ashton)
             No, that's an observation of an overall pattern. - (marlowe) - (2)
                 Reading this... - (pwhysall)
                 Where to begin - (kmself)
             Nope kinda like bens answer, went and wasnt amused/enthused -NT - (boxley)
         I read the article in question, I am not a MS$ fan - (boxley) - (1)
             Missing the forest for the trees. - (marlowe)

My God... that pizza combo is full of stars...!
100 ms