IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New FAA especially
Recall story on tube a few nights ago. Mercifully I forgot (or they didn't mention) the city involved. Local police chief had ~ taken over airport security as a 'courtesy' and, for finding too many plant, procedural holes on even his inspection.

Did FAA want to hear? Nahhh. He was quite expicit about it and he spoke English well - either he lied about the whole thing (!) or FAA attitude STILL sucks.

Not very good stats, this one detailed report but - even one this bad, is too many. Hell, I plan to do the train when I visit friend in NC later on; I'm in no hurry - but the seats aren't my idea of a good place to sleep for That many nights.

(Not worried about some psycho with a box cutter - just want to support an alt. to all those unnecessary bizness flights to show each other Power Punt slides -- at 20x the fuel cost per mile VS rail.)

Ah well - Hobbit adventure..

A.
New STATE DEPARTMENT
I have heard the FAA criticized ad nauseum. I have heard Flight Schools criticized ad nauseum. Make all new and existing Student and Private Pilots PAY for FBI/CIA background checks, yes, I've heard that too.

What I have not heard is any criticism of the real problem here: the US Dept. of State. Those morons let known terrorists receive student visas (apparently one even used his real name). Where is the criticism of the State Department? Oh, I forgot, Colin Powell is in charge of that. No, no, we can't ask Colin about that, nor his involvement in atrocities committed in Viet Nam, no, no. He's a Murican hero.

New Re: STATE DEPARTMENT
My statement about agency heads rolling would apply to the state department, too - especially the specific assholes in the embassies who issued the visas. And anyone involved in setting policy that *allowed* someone to not make background checks. All the way up to the top, although you do realize that the terrorists entered on Clinton-policy visas?

But no, I won't neglect Colin Powell. He's been a naysayer from the word go, going off on a tangent from whatever Bush has said. The first time he opened his mouth after the bombing, he should have been summarily dismissed.

I guess I add him to the CIA recruitment policies as one of the two things Bush could/should have done differently prior to the plane bombing.
Who knows how empty the sky is
In the place of a fallen tower.
Who knows how quiet it is in the home
Where a son has not returned.

-- Anna Akhmatova (1889-1966)
     Admitting a mistake - (Fearless Freep) - (41)
         Re: Admitting a mistake - (wharris2) - (18)
             dunno - (boxley)
             Oh Sure. Sure. Keep telling yourself that. - (deSitter) - (16)
                 self-generated crisis? - (wharris2) - (15)
                     YOU IDIOT! PRAISING REAGAN??? - (deSitter) - (14)
                         Self generated crisis? - (bepatient) - (11)
                             Re: Self generated crisis? - (pwhysall)
                             Some sources disagree... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                                 Haven't seen them... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                     See if I can find it but.... - (Fearless Freep)
                                     According to the sources I read (I'm looking for them...) - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                                         Source I was thinking of... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                                             Still... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                 Here's one supporting this... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Good one... - (bepatient)
                                                 A very long time.... - (Simon_Jester)
                             Not a bad plan... - (jb4)
                         Re: YOU IDIOT! PRAISING REAGAN??? - (wharris2)
                         ? - (JayMehaffey)
         Earnest, perhaps a tad premature. - (Ashton) - (7)
             Bush's greatest asset - (jb4) - (4)
                 Thank God - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Wilson - The president who brought Segregation to - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Idiotic Polemics. The man wanted world gov't. - (deSitter) - (1)
                             You're pretty predictable yourself.... -NT - (Another Scott)
             Nit re: 'great skill with language' - (drewk) - (1)
                 There's a distinction. - (Ashton)
         Idiocy -NT - (deSitter)
         I'm really, really, really sick of this. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
             Umm.. He didn't end the planet...yet anyway. - (hnick) - (4)
                 Just wondering... - (jb4)
                 Sad commentary is: he's given credit for Not - (Ashton) - (2)
                     You think that credit is owed to him? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Our hope lies in a Fact: - (Ashton)
             And what the fuck do/did you expect him to do? - (wharris2) - (6)
                 FAA especially - (Ashton) - (2)
                     STATE DEPARTMENT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Re: STATE DEPARTMENT - (wharris2)
                 My point. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     You don't win a war by bombing - (wharris2) - (1)
                         Firebombing Kabul - (kmself)

Somewhere out there, a Big Cheetah is still running WordStar and extremely anal benchmarks...
90 ms