IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Umm.. He didn't end the planet...yet anyway.
It seems pretty obvious that the WTC attack was designed to make us so angry that we throw our head at them in retaliation. He's had the reputation that would lead one to believe such an attack should work.
He hasn't fucked up seriously yet, AFAIC. Everyone, including me, expected him to do so. Don't know that he's a great leader just yet. He's doing better than expected, and that's good news.
Given what he's inherited WRT security, mid east history, and hostile fuckwits already in-country, I can't think that anyone else would do better. Resurrecting Saint JFK would not have saved the towers.
He's enjoyed the reputation that he can't piss in the woods and hit a tree, but he hasn't fucked up seriously yet. He still requires serious watching, but for the moment, he's doing adaquately. That's not precisely a walk, but he should get some slack.
When he starts using the slack to implement (more of) a police society to protect freedom, *THEN* we sic a crunch-bird on his ass...

my .02,
Hugh
New Just wondering...
Is it just a coincidence that Duhbayew is parked in front of a glass window through which you can see the street, while Cheney is sequestered away at an "undisclosed location", "for security reasons"?

Don't get too far away, Dick. It's hard to control the puppet if the strings are too long
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Sad commentary is: he's given credit for Not
doing what - evidently - many expected "he would likely do"!

Maybe that restraint IS enough to credit him. For a while, and depending upon such things as follow from..

Clarence Thomas swearing in the new Minister of Homeland Security (today).

{sigh}

A.
New You think that credit is owed to him?
Remember his rhetoric at first? IMO he wanted to do the worst, but those really in power convinced him otherwise. He was his old hot-headed redneck self initially. But I've got to believe cooler heads prevailed. His tone quickly changed, and I don't think that was of his own will.
New Our hope lies in a Fact:
(Well - as much a Fact as any hearsay from corroborating witnesses, I guess)

When Nixon was suicidal, Kissinger 'arranged' that any "use of the Football" would not happen unless _____ (a lot more than Nixon's wish was involved).

We may suppose that any Texas-style barbeque ordered by Dubya in his cups - might be short-circuited.. Can't go so far as to suggest *will be*, o'course..

That's the breaks - when 5 Repos select a CIEIO, so they can retire with country in "hands just like ours".
     Admitting a mistake - (Fearless Freep) - (41)
         Re: Admitting a mistake - (wharris2) - (18)
             dunno - (boxley)
             Oh Sure. Sure. Keep telling yourself that. - (deSitter) - (16)
                 self-generated crisis? - (wharris2) - (15)
                     YOU IDIOT! PRAISING REAGAN??? - (deSitter) - (14)
                         Self generated crisis? - (bepatient) - (11)
                             Re: Self generated crisis? - (pwhysall)
                             Some sources disagree... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                                 Haven't seen them... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                     See if I can find it but.... - (Fearless Freep)
                                     According to the sources I read (I'm looking for them...) - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                                         Source I was thinking of... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                                             Still... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                 Here's one supporting this... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Good one... - (bepatient)
                                                 A very long time.... - (Simon_Jester)
                             Not a bad plan... - (jb4)
                         Re: YOU IDIOT! PRAISING REAGAN??? - (wharris2)
                         ? - (JayMehaffey)
         Earnest, perhaps a tad premature. - (Ashton) - (7)
             Bush's greatest asset - (jb4) - (4)
                 Thank God - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Wilson - The president who brought Segregation to - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Idiotic Polemics. The man wanted world gov't. - (deSitter) - (1)
                             You're pretty predictable yourself.... -NT - (Another Scott)
             Nit re: 'great skill with language' - (drewk) - (1)
                 There's a distinction. - (Ashton)
         Idiocy -NT - (deSitter)
         I'm really, really, really sick of this. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
             Umm.. He didn't end the planet...yet anyway. - (hnick) - (4)
                 Just wondering... - (jb4)
                 Sad commentary is: he's given credit for Not - (Ashton) - (2)
                     You think that credit is owed to him? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Our hope lies in a Fact: - (Ashton)
             And what the fuck do/did you expect him to do? - (wharris2) - (6)
                 FAA especially - (Ashton) - (2)
                     STATE DEPARTMENT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Re: STATE DEPARTMENT - (wharris2)
                 My point. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     You don't win a war by bombing - (wharris2) - (1)
                         Firebombing Kabul - (kmself)

They're going to sue you.
103 ms