IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Probelem of the merchents?
I rather doubt that since the bulk of these containers contain stuff American corporations have had manufactured in China, Malaysia and other low wage areas. Ths U.S. economy would take a major hit and risk recession or worse if these containers didn't arrive - because the facilities to manufacture all that stuff in the U.S. were dismantled for scrap long ago.

There would definitely be a consumer rebellion caused by shortages and skyrocketing prices.

You're the one that needs to think this through.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New As opposed to what?
We've already got chronic trade imbalances. And what would be the effect on the economy of a successful terrorist attack? Better to swallow the bitter pill now than to die of the disease later.

And shouldn't we be building up local industry anyway? Or at least industry in the free world? If this ill-considered economic adventure in Red China were to come to a screeching halt, that would be by far a lesser evil. Our corporations have been blinded by greed on this issue for far too long. They want everyone to forget Tienanmen Square, just like they're trying to forget it.

And even if our economy is being held hostage by Beijing, how does playing along help us in the long run? They're only going to shoot the hostages later, anyway. It's like doing business with Microsoft. Or Hitler. You're hoping to be eaten last.

If what you say is true, then we're addicted to products that come from nondemocratic regimes. Arab oil, Red Chinese fashion accessories. And all you can think of is where's the next fix coming from? You should be thinking of how to get off the junk.

And don't go bitching about the pain of withdrawal. We're at war, dammit. You have to expect economic discomfort. And you can't avoid it by surrendering. That never works, unless it's the US you're surrendering to.

Everything's impossible until you're willing to do what it takes.
----------------------------------------------------------------
DEAL WITH IT.
Compromise is for suckers. Seeking a middle ground is what led to 9/11.
"I do not want to be admired by scumbags and liars and wife beaters. I want to be admired by good and decent, intelligent and just people, and in order to achieve this I need to do things that make me despised by their opposites." - Bill Whittle
Never mind all the mass graves. Where's the nerve gas?
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
New Who sez?
We're at war, dammit.

who sez? You? Don't make me laugh.

No declaration by Congress, no war. That simple (even for you, Mr. Don't-Bother-Me-With-Details-I-Know-the-TRUTH...).
jb4
"There are two ways for you to have lower Prescription-drug costs. One is you could hire Rush Limbaugh's housekeeper ... or you can elect me President."
John Kerry
New Non sequitur
It just isn't like you .. to suddenly say some things about the self-causation of much of our discontent. Shocking! - why it's decidedly unMurican to gore so many sacred oxen in one \ufffd as,
And shouldn't we be building up local industry anyway? Or at least industry in the free world? If this ill-considered economic adventure in Red China were to come to a screeching halt, that would be by far a lesser evil. Our corporations have been blinded by greed on this issue for far too long. They want everyone to forget Tienanmen Square, just like they're trying to forget it.

At war? certainly - with our selves, with personal greed and with our daily reinforced fantasies of unlimited growth and production (by peons elsewhere) .. products to be 'sold' to us and paid for via our forever renewed foreign loans (since so many of our billions of credit cards are MAXed out individually). Can the National credit card be far behind?

Oh.. and do this-all, as jobs are exported wholesale and Corp funds (from that short-term 'profit') are moved offshore. That's all we need to do to Keep the Fantasy Alive (while intensifying the two-class increasingly-Rich /increasingly-Poor trend of recent decades).

As for a Real War - well, that's the long-running disagreement with many of your definitions. Still - a nice change of pace in the Kultur Warz.

But one conundrum at a time.
New Who's "ourselves?"
I'm not at war with myself. Are you at war with yourself?

I'm at war with those who threaten all that is good and true. I'm quite consistent about this. I play no favorites, and never spare anyone save temporarily, for reasons of tactical focus. But to you it seems a non sequitir, because something this straightforward and honest just doesn't fit into any of your neat ideologically constructed categories. Truth and reason go against the grain of your concept space.

The fault is with yourself. Your logic analyzer is wired wrong.

It's not that you're unsophisticated. You're so sophisticated you proudly spurn any simplistic dichotomy between your ass and a hole in the ground. While you're outsmarting yourself, my simplisme is cruising under your radar and hitting all the right targets.
----------------------------------------------------------------
DEAL WITH IT.
Compromise is for suckers. Seeking a middle ground is what led to 9/11.
"I do not want to be admired by scumbags and liars and wife beaters. I want to be admired by good and decent, intelligent and just people, and in order to achieve this I need to do things that make me despised by their opposites." - Bill Whittle
Never mind all the mass graves. Where's the nerve gas?
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
New Kewl! That means:
I'm at war with those who threaten all that is good and true.

Lessee, tht would put you at war with: George W Bush (the "true" part), Dick Cheney (the "good" part, and the true part), Rush Limbaugh (the true part), Karl Rove (both parts), Paul Wolfowitz (both parts), Donald Rumsfeld (the true part), just about every Multinational Corporation that does business in the US (The good part or the true part; that is an inclusive 'or')...

Gad, you'll be busy for the next year, fer sher!
jb4
"There are two ways for you to have lower Prescription-drug costs. One is you could hire Rush Limbaugh's housekeeper ... or you can elect me President."
John Kerry
     Taikoonaut (or yuhangyuan) Yang Liwei back on the ground - (dmarker) - (47)
         Yes but, unrealistic - (Silverlock) - (8)
             Re: Yes but, unrealistic - (deSitter) - (6)
                 Wide brush - (Silverlock) - (5)
                     IANAB - (deSitter) - (4)
                         Doesn't get you off the hook. - (hnick) - (3)
                             Re: Doesn't get you off the hook. - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 What have "we/they" done? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Natch! The "Age of Awards" - (deSitter)
             Funny thing is, Ahhnuld may have gone one better - (drewk)
         A new US space program? What, to catch up? - (marlowe) - (37)
             ah, missile defense! - (rcareaga) - (33)
                 You guys keep bringing that up as if it means anything. - (marlowe) - (32)
                     On second thought... - (marlowe) - (18)
                         That's laughable. - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
                             Laparoscopically. Like gallbladder removal. -NT - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                                 Right - and Santa will have the contract. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                     So what you are implying - (hnick) - (4)
                                         Oh, not at all . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             glass dildoes? Oh, check glasses -NT - (boxley)
                                         Now you have me humming this song... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                             I know the tune for this one - - (Ashton)
                             That's not the inspectors' problem. - (marlowe) - (9)
                                 marlowe in wonderland - (rcareaga)
                                 Probelem of the merchents? - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                     As opposed to what? - (marlowe) - (4)
                                         Who sez? - (jb4)
                                         Non sequitur - (Ashton) - (2)
                                             Who's "ourselves?" - (marlowe) - (1)
                                                 Kewl! That means: - (jb4)
                                 Too late. The bombs are already here and in place. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     Deja vu all over again. - (Ashton)
                     Oh, and by the way... - (marlowe) - (12)
                         Dishes. Served cold. You do the math. - (kmself) - (10)
                             Dishes. Not served at all. You do the logistics. -NT - (marlowe) - (9)
                                 Or to put it another way... - (marlowe) - (8)
                                     Dead man... - (kmself) - (7)
                                         Okay, not bad. - (marlowe) - (6)
                                             How stupid are you? - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 Chuckle, all I know - (Simon_Jester)
                                             Going nowhere - (kmself) - (3)
                                                 Are you suggesting they're gonna automate the whole shebang? - (marlowe) - (2)
                                                     random access - (jake123) - (1)
                                                         You can plan it as far in advance as you like... - (marlowe)
                         Re: Oh, and by the way... - (deSitter)
             We can't afford a new space program. - (Another Scott)
             Yuo == teh funneh - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Tom Clancy may be an idiot... - (inthane-chan)

Here we have a game that combines the charm of a Pentagon briefing with the excitement of double-entry bookkeeping. I don't get it.
100 ms