IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes but, unrealistic

I think we would all agree that if US were to get focused on a new space program & national pride put on the line. US would again be hard to beat.

No doubt that would be the case if your stated preconditions were met. With the corporate puppets we now have in power, do you really think this a possibilty? Even without them in power, the squawking they would raise if a progressive ended up in the WH and promulgated this path (cost's money that won't end up in their pockets) would get the moron-american movement to be led to quash it.

A screed on the gullibillity of the American voting public is deferred till a later time.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Re: Yes but, unrealistic
Give the blame where it belongs - on the miserable, execrable, useless fucking Boomers, the most worthless generation in our history.

-drl
New Wide brush
Seeing as how I am a member of the boomer generation, and you are also, if I remember correctly, your brush paints a bit widely. There are boomers who are not corporate drones, lawyers, or other members of the soulless. Writing off an entire generation may be a bit on the extreme side, don't ya think?
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New IANAB
I have nothing, NOTHING, in common with those people, the accident of having been born among them notwithstanding.
-drl
New Doesn't get you off the hook.
If everybody else who is born in a given time period is total shit, you're along for the ride, protestations not withstanding.
Sorry about that\ufffd Absolutes are a bitch.
New Re: Doesn't get you off the hook.
You know what is meant, and I'm betting you mostly agree. I'm ashamed to be part of it.

What the hell did we/they accomplish? The total ruination of a great country. Everything of value has been utterly shitcanned.

The newer generations are looking even worse - that's our legacy, to perpetuate the total social, economic, mental and spiritual disaster we/they created.
-drl
New What have "we/they" done?
How about, for example, the [link|http://www.macarthur.org/programs/fel/winners_overview.htm|2003 MacArthur fellows]?

Considering "boomers" are people born in the US between 1946 and 1964, you're using an awfully broad brush in your criticisms - even broader than your usual tirade against Republicans. :-/

Carry on.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Natch! The "Age of Awards"
Enthusiasm substituting for real talent (Alistair Cooke).
-drl
New Funny thing is, Ahhnuld may have gone one better
I wrote here once before that I don't think we can again get worked up as a nation about the space race. Too "been there, done that". What we need is a new national mission. I'd love to see a State of theUnion address where a president vows that "within this decade, we will have eliminated oil imports, and made it possible to drive from coast to coast in hydrogen fueled vehicles."

Guess what Arnold just said? That he plans to go to Washington asking for federal aid in setting up a statewide system of hydrogen refueling stations. What a kick in the ass that would be if he actually champions one of my pet projects.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     Taikoonaut (or yuhangyuan) Yang Liwei back on the ground - (dmarker) - (47)
         Yes but, unrealistic - (Silverlock) - (8)
             Re: Yes but, unrealistic - (deSitter) - (6)
                 Wide brush - (Silverlock) - (5)
                     IANAB - (deSitter) - (4)
                         Doesn't get you off the hook. - (hnick) - (3)
                             Re: Doesn't get you off the hook. - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 What have "we/they" done? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Natch! The "Age of Awards" - (deSitter)
             Funny thing is, Ahhnuld may have gone one better - (drewk)
         A new US space program? What, to catch up? - (marlowe) - (37)
             ah, missile defense! - (rcareaga) - (33)
                 You guys keep bringing that up as if it means anything. - (marlowe) - (32)
                     On second thought... - (marlowe) - (18)
                         That's laughable. - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
                             Laparoscopically. Like gallbladder removal. -NT - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                                 Right - and Santa will have the contract. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                     So what you are implying - (hnick) - (4)
                                         Oh, not at all . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             glass dildoes? Oh, check glasses -NT - (boxley)
                                         Now you have me humming this song... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                             I know the tune for this one - - (Ashton)
                             That's not the inspectors' problem. - (marlowe) - (9)
                                 marlowe in wonderland - (rcareaga)
                                 Probelem of the merchents? - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                     As opposed to what? - (marlowe) - (4)
                                         Who sez? - (jb4)
                                         Non sequitur - (Ashton) - (2)
                                             Who's "ourselves?" - (marlowe) - (1)
                                                 Kewl! That means: - (jb4)
                                 Too late. The bombs are already here and in place. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     Deja vu all over again. - (Ashton)
                     Oh, and by the way... - (marlowe) - (12)
                         Dishes. Served cold. You do the math. - (kmself) - (10)
                             Dishes. Not served at all. You do the logistics. -NT - (marlowe) - (9)
                                 Or to put it another way... - (marlowe) - (8)
                                     Dead man... - (kmself) - (7)
                                         Okay, not bad. - (marlowe) - (6)
                                             How stupid are you? - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 Chuckle, all I know - (Simon_Jester)
                                             Going nowhere - (kmself) - (3)
                                                 Are you suggesting they're gonna automate the whole shebang? - (marlowe) - (2)
                                                     random access - (jake123) - (1)
                                                         You can plan it as far in advance as you like... - (marlowe)
                         Re: Oh, and by the way... - (deSitter)
             We can't afford a new space program. - (Another Scott)
             Yuo == teh funneh - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Tom Clancy may be an idiot... - (inthane-chan)

Sine qua non.
299 ms