IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Reliance on One-Time Paper Credentials - that plus
the hubris of.. a certain high-% [?] of many who profess to know things:

Got us the AMA and its Undisciplined and Undiscipline-able (inevitable) minority of quacks: those who (last vague #s I recall) are <10% of the Total 'Self-Governing' Body [Hah] and accrue 60? 80%? of malpractice events (and that is just the ratio for those who ran the gantlet all the way to Filing! - via that Other 'Profess-ion'). These are Un_Removable since this club was first formed.. and began to eliminate all the {many, actually} competing approaches to maintaining that chimera, health. (Ours are trained to merely, "try to fix disease symptoms" - itself a hightly arguabke paradigm BTW)

I appreciate the sense of Unfairness when the worthy are passed-over by the popular Slime with a gift for gab, but I also believe that this state of affairs has more to do with the Pop Idol notion which permeates every aspect of Murican 'culture' - and merely spills over, unavoidably -- even into raw science, where we would suppose that Merit-only could more easily be discerned [?] (And any illusions about whether a degree is much related to Original Thought in *that* small area of work -except as an Entry Pass- don't accord with the history of the field).

Most soap operas and stories abound in the 'clever ploy' via which the unsung wannabe-hero Gets to Be a 'Hero' once foot got in That Door. (in the murky demi-sense of that word, whenever applied to anything remotely related to accumulating infinite $$ forever and ever.)

I thought that.. in John Dewey pragmatic bizness: the One who (proves s/he) can Do the job - was supposed to get it; also keep it "so long as". So then: if hanky-panky gets someone In and.. they also Do Do the Job.. in due time:

What Should the Punishment Be? if they sneaked-in?

(Should we then also apply this punishment to an entire cabal that "sneaked-in" via Friends at the Top, in a crucial part of Government? Rather recently.)

Sorry but - I (still) just don't see an EZ fits-All slogan for this pesky and common Murican glitch.. in the way people are slotted into prefab 'jobs' via a resum\ufffd and Good Teeth. (Unless you imagined that bizness even pretends to 'select' in the same way that University 'pretends to select' ??)

Ashton, Dense I guess.
New Crooks repeat offenses...
If the person is a true "crook", then an investigation will turn up a whole lot more than just falsified credentials.

That's why the person's activities need to be scrutinzed at a more detailed level.

Most crooks keep offending, and do their best to cover their tracks.

I do believe that those who are truly wicked will be punished. The evil deeds done in the darkness will be ultimately brought into the light.

If you live where all of your deeds are done in the light of visibility and scrutiny, then you're accountable and your integrity will soon be evident.
New So when does the pResident get his?
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
     tilting at diploma mills - (rcareaga) - (50)
         ah yes.. - (deSitter)
         Flabbergasted - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             Does this dress make me look fat? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 There is moral relativism and moral relativism (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
         Comments - (kmself) - (1)
             Re: Comments - (rcareaga)
         My instincts are similar.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             Re: My instincts are similar.. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 <chuckle> On Maugham... - (Another Scott)
         Having read your post and the following replies, - (boxley) - (4)
             For me it comes down to whether you can trust people or not. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 trust v. vengeance v. indiscriminate justice - (rcareaga)
                 Recent resume scandal in DC - (Another Scott)
             Re: Having read your post and the following replies, - (pwhysall)
         Nail them - (broomberg) - (1)
             unintended consequences - (rcareaga)
         Its Fraud - (tuberculosis) - (3)
             certitude! - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Uh huh - (tuberculosis)
             actually I will have an MIT degree - (boxley)
         Dr Laura - (broomberg) - (11)
             That was someone's typo - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                 DAMN! - (broomberg) - (3)
                     I hate her as well, but... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Note the "main" - (broomberg)
                     Your instincts must be good, then. - (Ashton)
                 How about this one? - (broomberg) - (5)
                     That looks like one bogus degree - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                         On U of Bucharest - (broomberg) - (3)
                             Ah, understood - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 I'd guess its inflated though - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Is it worth worrying about? -NT - (ben_tilly)
         On the moral issues - (Another Scott)
         Well at least from all of this - (rcareaga) - (8)
             What difference does it make? - (broomberg) - (7)
                 I can't really understand your analogy - (rcareaga) - (5)
                     People who BS into jobs should be fired - (broomberg) - (2)
                         Re: People who BS into jobs should be fired - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             Different protections from different punishments - (broomberg)
                     Analogies weak all around I think - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                         Draconian R'Us - (Ashton)
                 Eh? He rebooted the prod box, it didnt come up - (boxley)
         Falsified Credentials Grate at me - (gdaustin) - (3)
             Reliance on One-Time Paper Credentials - that plus - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Crooks repeat offenses... - (gdaustin) - (1)
                     So when does the pResident get his? -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Officemate suggestion - (broomberg) - (3)
             {Evull snicker} -NT - (Ashton)
             Guess you have worn off on your co-workers, huh? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 Must have - (broomberg)

It breathes. -MORE-
217 ms