IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Comments

First: I'd advise discretion when posting details of such a matter. Specific text searches in Google may result in a hit, with corroborating details indicating that the returned page is indeed the one you are discussing. As an initial step, I'd remove the text in question from this page, immediately, possibly prior to consulting with the individual in question. The information is now effectively public.

\r\n\r\n

If you haven't already, I'd present the information to the CSU "degree recipient" in question, and the individual's supervisor or board, along with your initial notice from your external investigator, and suggest review (and the above immediate remediation). After this point, the matter is outside of your hands, unless you have a management role in the organization (information I've seen suggests you don't).

\r\n\r\n

You can't stop people such as your Javert from doing malicious, destructive things. You can take the opportunity to educate those who've presented questionable credentials (deliberately or otherwise) that the practice is likely to backfire significantly. One would hope that this is sufficient for them to correct the breach. I'd share your view that if this is what it took to get a foot in the door, it may have been an expedient lie, but that the individual now has other credentials to present. Certainly, continuing to rely on those of a mill in this Google-bound era is highly risky, QED.

--\r\n
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]\r\n
[link|http://kmself.home.netcom.com/|http://kmself.home.netcom.com/]\r\n
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?\r\n
[link|http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/|TWikIWETHEY] -- an experiment in collective intelligence. Stupidity. Whatever.\r\n
\r\n
   Keep software free.     Oppose the CBDTPA.     Kill S.2048 dead.\r\n[link|http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html|http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html]\r\n
New Re: Comments
karsten recommends:
As an initial step, I'd remove the text in question from this page, immediately, possibly prior to consulting with the individual in question. The information is now effectively public
I take your point, and would be happy to redact the post, but unless our beloved admin consented to bend the accountability rule and extend the redact to the "edit history" page, I don't think it would do any good. But you're quite right on general principles; I ought merely to have described the situation rathet than providing details of the fraud. I doubt whether any of the regulars will abuse this; Javert might happen upon it when his month's deadline has run, but...(shrug)...he will do what he will do.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
     tilting at diploma mills - (rcareaga) - (50)
         ah yes.. - (deSitter)
         Flabbergasted - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             Does this dress make me look fat? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 There is moral relativism and moral relativism (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
         Comments - (kmself) - (1)
             Re: Comments - (rcareaga)
         My instincts are similar.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             Re: My instincts are similar.. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 <chuckle> On Maugham... - (Another Scott)
         Having read your post and the following replies, - (boxley) - (4)
             For me it comes down to whether you can trust people or not. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 trust v. vengeance v. indiscriminate justice - (rcareaga)
                 Recent resume scandal in DC - (Another Scott)
             Re: Having read your post and the following replies, - (pwhysall)
         Nail them - (broomberg) - (1)
             unintended consequences - (rcareaga)
         Its Fraud - (tuberculosis) - (3)
             certitude! - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Uh huh - (tuberculosis)
             actually I will have an MIT degree - (boxley)
         Dr Laura - (broomberg) - (11)
             That was someone's typo - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                 DAMN! - (broomberg) - (3)
                     I hate her as well, but... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Note the "main" - (broomberg)
                     Your instincts must be good, then. - (Ashton)
                 How about this one? - (broomberg) - (5)
                     That looks like one bogus degree - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                         On U of Bucharest - (broomberg) - (3)
                             Ah, understood - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 I'd guess its inflated though - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Is it worth worrying about? -NT - (ben_tilly)
         On the moral issues - (Another Scott)
         Well at least from all of this - (rcareaga) - (8)
             What difference does it make? - (broomberg) - (7)
                 I can't really understand your analogy - (rcareaga) - (5)
                     People who BS into jobs should be fired - (broomberg) - (2)
                         Re: People who BS into jobs should be fired - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             Different protections from different punishments - (broomberg)
                     Analogies weak all around I think - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                         Draconian R'Us - (Ashton)
                 Eh? He rebooted the prod box, it didnt come up - (boxley)
         Falsified Credentials Grate at me - (gdaustin) - (3)
             Reliance on One-Time Paper Credentials - that plus - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Crooks repeat offenses... - (gdaustin) - (1)
                     So when does the pResident get his? -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Officemate suggestion - (broomberg) - (3)
             {Evull snicker} -NT - (Ashton)
             Guess you have worn off on your co-workers, huh? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 Must have - (broomberg)

How can you die from a fall of a whopping 3 inches?
83 ms