IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New (whack!)
OK, point taken. And yes, decrepitude (to refashion your harsher formulation) confers grace, and the older man yields the point, with an avuncular chuckle, to the hot-blooded youngster--many societies have employed this tactic (combined, to be sure, with a judicious leveraging of the vindictive silverbacks' other resources to fuck over the insolent young bucks in the sweet by-and-by) to maintain the appearance of civil traffic.

This is eerily reminiscent of an episode that occurred on the eve of my wedding 27 years ago: the bride-to-be and her mother, both of whom were operating well beyond their normal stress tolerances, began to argue over some trivial point. Within minutes the exchange became quite shrill (a side of my bride I had never seen in six years of courtship, but one, alas, I was to see with some frequency thereafter), and the future father-in-law and I looked at one another, concerned. "Should we intervene?" I asked. "I'm not sure it would really do any good," replied the ff-i-l. "I'll try," I said foolishly. "Ladies, if perhaps at this point the voice of masculine reason could intervene--" I will not relate the rest of the painful scene, as both women briefly made common cause and spewed their combined fury at my blameless young self before resuming the catfight. I staggered outdoors into the sultry Southern California dusk, joined by the ff-i-l, who very decently revived me over the next half hour with a couple of excellent frozen margaritas. There was a moral there, and I will apply it with the appropriate adjustments to the present dustup.

cordially,

[edit:typo]
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
Expand Edited by rcareaga April 5, 2003, 12:26:21 PM EST
New Re: (whack!)
Hot-blooded, I believe you will find, more accurately describes Mr. Marker (as he will probably even admit).

As far as cat-fights go... well, 'nuff said, I wot.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Shut the fuck up Ross, you ignorant fuckwit!
heh heh I love flaming myself.
-drl

Though my feet aren't on the ground,
I've been standing on the sound
Of some open hearted people, going down.
New I will try to depart from this with this last post
Definitions of Paranoia Paranoid
Characteristics: Persecution, Grandeur (delusions)

Pattern 1 - Persecution ...

Paranoic person: 'They' are out to 'get' (me,us) !
Rational observer: Who are they ?
Paranoic person: Them !
Rational observer: Where are they - point one out ?
Paranoic person: They are everywhere !
Rational observer: I can't determine who they, or where these 'they', are !
Paranoic person: Back off man, you are probably one of them !

Pattern 2 - Grandeur

Paranoic person: I am on a mission to save the (world, country, group)
Rational observer: What are you going to save (world, country, group) from ?
Paranoic person: Those who are out to harm (world, country, group) or even themselves !
Rational observer: Who are they ?
(now switch to persecution thread)

My points ?

1) The above are two *realistic* interpretations of Paranoia and Paranoid.

2) Switch 'them' with (lefties, liberals, saddam lovers etc:)

Then start asking who in IWETHEY best fits the patterns.

Cheers

Doug Marker

Spectres from our past: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may have been willing to condone today - dsm 2003

Motivational: When performing activities, ask yourself if the person you most want to be would do, or say, it - dsm 2003
Expand Edited by dmarker April 5, 2003, 04:48:51 PM EST
Expand Edited by dmarker April 5, 2003, 04:49:46 PM EST
New And your answer to Scott in this thread WAS an example of 1.
New So Mr Rescuer (look it up) tossing fuel on the fire <g>

Spectres from our past: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may have been willing to condone today - dsm 2003

Motivational: When performing activities, ask yourself if the person you most want to be would do, or say, it - dsm 2003
New No "toss", just summing up the facts after your "last" post.
New CRC - 'facts' are there is no element of
'Them' out to get (us,me) in the exchange sequence.

This is a barnyard scrap long in the brewing (based on Scott's detour back to MM etc:). It was triggered by Scott taking a poke after I made a post [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=94171|http://z.iwethey.org...w?contentid=94171] and him making his 'excessive paranoia' quit.

The most you can argue is that I am giving scott a hard time over the meaning of the words Paranoia & Paranoid. He is using a dumbed down definition in defense of his comment and I am using the accepted medical definition. That part of the scrap doesn't constitue paranoia in itself.

It must also be obvious that most of us are under stress, the war (again Scott doesn't like the things I say about US/Brit involvement, he brought that up), in addition Scott has just been through a violent house storm & I am trying to land a job. All factors that make people testy.

So perhaps we should just let this fire burn out even if it does not appear to have resolved anything. To Scott I say, I won't be holding any grudges, isn't it about time he got over MM etc:.

Hookay

Cheers Doug

Expand Edited by dmarker April 6, 2003, 05:04:55 PM EDT
New Yeah, sure, but rest assured...
...that what's "dumbed down" here is the FACT THAT YOU ARE giving Scott "a hard time" over the meaning of the words 'paranoia' and 'paranoid'. What he is using is a perfectly ordinary everyday definition that, as he showed, HAS long ago graduated from "collocquialism" to dictionary-worthy.

And what DOES constitute paranoia (in THIS sense!) on your part, is your immediate jumping to the erroneous conclusion that he was (or fucking well SHOULD be -- why the HELL should he?) -- using the stupid fucking clinical "accepted medical definition". What the fuck IS this place, you think -- a clinical psychologist convention?!?

Furthermore, A) If hunting for a job makes you too fucking "testy" to behave like a fucking civilized human being, why don't you just shut the fuck up until you've got one? and,

B) What the FUCK kind of an excuse for "being testy" is "the war"?!? Are you labouring under the delusion that this American-Army-Live-Ammo-Excercise-cum-Televised-Video-War-Game has ANY fucking immediate bearing on ANYTHING, if you're not either i) in the American Army, ii) an Iraqi, or iii) a major Haliburton/Exxon/Shell-BP shareholder? If you are, you seriously need to get your head out of your arse. It's fucking *entertainment*! (_Absurd_ entertainment, yeah, sure -- but it's TOO freaking absurd to be taken as anything BUT entertainment!)

BTW, you also need to do that in relation to China being in any way a paragon of fucking anything; "Cybermace" may be an annoying little twat, but he IS right that the Chinese are just thugs, and that them having been thugs *for a long time* is certainly nothing to drool with admiration for them about.

Oh, and of course you *doubly* need to get your head out of your arse if you think you're going to get away with yet another instance of this highly annoying habit of yours: Repeated high-faluting gibbering about how something will be your "last post in this thread" -- and then NOT shutting the fuck up and letting someone ELSE have the last word, for fucking oncce.

No fucking WAY, Bubba.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Screeching silverback slings shit, starts savage gorilla war
There there BIG boy, now put that tree trunk down and while your at it you
can drop those fistfuls of feces (yeccchhh, your covered in the stuff).
That's it slowly does it now get back in yer frigging cage, theres a nice
cold schnapps in there somewhere...

CLANGGG !!!
(yup, that Schnapps trick works every time)

RIGHT now LOOK HERE you five foot foaming fang faced foul featured flea flecked
filthy furry flatulant fecund friggin freak, thats enough! NO MORE BANNANAS for
a month, and yer off the Schnapps as well.

And while we are at it leave-the-friggin-Pandas-alone !!! they never did anything
to annoy you. Fer chissake, it only takes a mention of how good Pandas are and
you become excessively 'bear-annoyed'.

And, it just isn't good enough to claim your bad behaviour was triggered because
someone had ruffled the feathers of the Antarctic Owl. He can fly without your
interference. Sheesh, everyone knows it is your mouth that is the scourge
of this whole friggin zoo.

And another complaint, you already know the Zoo's resident psychiatrist Dr Orin
Ootan, and his assistant Jim Pansee, well they are seriously concerned at your
repeated tendancy to oral aggression.

To be sure, no one minds the odd bite here or there but you have bitten just
about everyone in this damned place. SO!!! To teach you a lesson we are moving
you, for a whole week, in with Mr Ali Ghayta & his whole extended family.
If that doesn't cure you of your biting fetish nothing will.

Orin & Jim have also reminded us of your famous and unhealty obsession with
crude sexual matters. It is well known that you can hardly open your mouth
without talking about sexual acts (and that is the real reason we are confiscating
your bananas).

Enough is enough - learn to behave, of its off to the fur factory for you big boy.

Doug Marker <vbg>

Expand Edited by dmarker April 7, 2003, 07:26:08 PM EDT
Expand Edited by dmarker April 7, 2003, 09:21:02 PM EDT
New Damn cobber
you're pretty fired up!

Can't wait to visit! I need to hang out with some Shielas!
-drl

Though my feet aren't on the ground,
I've been standing on the sound
Of some open hearted people, going down.
New betrter off in HK even the colds carry std's there
comes from snatch sneezin
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
New So, trying to make a joke of it, eh? Too fucking bad...
...for you that I was being perfectly fucking serious.

...drop those fistfuls of feces (yeccchhh, your covered in the stuff).
If anyone here's got egg all over his face, it's YOU, shit-face!

RIGHT now LOOK HERE you five foot foaming fang faced foul featured flea flecked filthy furry flatulant fecund friggin freak, thats enough!
Five foot nine, fuckyouverymuch... And what's "enough" is, as I said, your a) stupid attack on Scott (we're still waiting for the apology, and above all, for you to even ADMIT you were wrong), b) your sickening fawning over the thuggish Chinks (not that I've checked in your silly WarGame Forum, but I'll *bet* you haven't retracted on that either), and c) your vapid and irrational excuses.

Oh, and your pathetic attempts at what you apparently consider "humour" are getting pretty old, too. Yes, right from the get-go -- they're *born* stale.

NO MORE BANNANAS for a month, and yer off the Schnapps as well.
If anyone needs to lay off the sauce, it is you, Bubba -- then *maybe* you'll be able to spell 'banana'.

And while we are at it leave-the-friggin-Pandas-alone !!! they never did anything to annoy you. Fer chissake, it only takes a mention of how good Pandas are and you become excessively 'bear-annoyed'.
Pandas suck.

And, since it seems you're using "pandas" as a code-word for Chinese, they suck too.

And, it just isn't good enough to claim your bad behaviour was triggered because someone had ruffled the feathers of the Antarctic Owl. He can fly without your interference. Sheesh, everyone knows it is your mouth that is the scourge of this whole friggin zoo.
Huh?!? What fucking "owl" are you gibbering about? (Norm's buddy? But he's a she, and has nothing what-the-fuck-ever to do with this...) Scott? Yeah, of fucking COURSE *he* can defend himself -- but then, who the fuck said it was *him* I was "defending"?!? It's *myself* I'm trying to protect -- from having to read too much more of your UTTER FUCKING DRIVEL!

And another complaint, you already know the Zoo's resident psychiatrist Dr Orin Ootan, and his assistant Jim Pansee, well they are seriously concerned at your repeated tendancy to oral aggression.
Fuck your monkey buddies, Bubba... You *know* that's what you really *want* to do, you old simiophile, so go ahead; don't let me stop you.

To be sure, no one minds the odd bite here or there but you have bitten just about everyone in this damned place.
Only when they needed it.

And you, Mister Magic Marker, were long overdue.

Orin & Jim have also reminded us of your famous and unhealty obsession with crude sexual matters. It is well known that you can hardly open your mouth without talking about sexual acts (and that is the real reason we are confiscating your bananas).
As I said, fuck your furry buddies, and fuck you too. If that's too awkward (what, not even if you stand on a chair?), then let them do it... Anyway, the bananas-as-phallos-symbols gimmick is, I would have thought, too crudely simplistic even for a simpering baboon like you.

Enough is enough - learn to behave, of its off to the fur factory for you big boy.
And to the glue factory with you -- or is that only horses' *bones* they make glue from, not horses' arses?

Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Can I
use this?
Fuck your monkey buddies, Bubba... You *know* that's what you really *want* to do, you old simiophile, so go ahead; don't let me stop you.

Although some may protest (and Doug, not a comment on this thread's "merits"), I vote this as one of CRC's more quotable lines...
Just giving credit where credit is due,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New ObSentientLRPD: "Possibly."
New Depends...
El Screamo:
[Can I] use this?
What for?

New \ufffd Snidely Whiplash
(betcha don't know Who He?)

{snort}
New No, gotta admit I don't...
...know who "Snidely Whiplash" is.

Judging from the name itself, though, I think I can say it belongs in quotation marks... Further enlightenment welcome.

New You don't know "Dudley Do-Right"?!?!
No wonder you're so confused about all the goodness in everything American. Sheesh! [link|http://flyingmoose.org/moose/whiplash.htm|Dudley Do-Right] for the Google impaired.

And no, I don't care that Dudley was a Canadian Mountie! So there!

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New "Oh, my darling Clementine..."
Of bloody course I know Dudley!

Fuck, I practically AM Dudley Do-Right! (OK, except for my use of strong language.)

How the FUCK does me not remembering some OTHER guy imply I don't know *Dudley*?!? (It *doesn't*, except you don't know DIDDLY!)

Hey, it's been two or three decades since I used to watch him on the tube, so it's no big fucking wonder I'd forgotten the name of the standing villain (? or, again judging from the name, possibly a lawyer), is it?

New Penalty flag - ecological Super-Fund site
Such hydrocoptic virtuosity wasted on a mere bagatelle..!

Now let's get down to animal husbandry and survival of the species:

First - ya need to fabricate some 'Press' credentials.
Then - the zIWE Irregulars pass-hat for steerage passage + pretzels.
Last - somehow we gets ya into the White House as furrin Press
THEN.. You Ask Ari a Question. With er 'follow-up'.

Got it?
New Give it up already
quit being, for lack of a better word, a me. This argument can server no further purpose than to keep the flames going.

My advice to you is to just end your posts, and don't reply to any more of them in this thread and let it go. Life goes on without more gas on the fire.

"Bill gates cannot guarantee Windows, so how are you going to guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton to the Emperor of the Scarrans on [link|http://www.farscape.com|FarScape]
New 10 points - your post & advice good <g>

New 12 points for self-effacing *aptness* :-\ufffd
New Let me try... Screamer, you suck...
It does feel pretty good.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New Dare-I deride?___Dorky Doddering Dreck, disdainfully dawdles
- defuzes dastardy deeds; denies despicable double-dipping dinosaurs - disseminates dilettantish documentaries (deriving duplicitous dangerous dogmas) .. diligently: deprecates divinely delicious drama..

Yup, yer gettin the hang of it -

Alliteration Addicts Anonymous

:-\ufffd
New Ashton consecutively, disturbingly, eloquent Brown. :-)
New OT re Mr. MM
Do you recall some times when his replies were uncharacteristically grammatical? IIRC this was the phenom which fed the illusion? fact? of 'difference'.. I may even have saved some samples on the 486.. if it still boots, and I can remeber what Doze 3.1 looks like. Natch some of the Positive Assertions got out of line, but

Just wondering how you came to the conclusion that say, "no one ever borrowed? his login". I still believe that, if it was not someone else at the kb, that someone was alongside editing his ranguage (and particularly the idioms) --

So how about it.. wanna be a Brilliant and agreeable cohort - or a Despicable Doubting Scott? (The stakes are almost as high as in academe ;-)
New His English was better when he took the time.
The more frothing and hurried he was, the worse his command of the language became.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Read a book sometime. - (admin) - (71)
         Re: Read a book sometime. - (deSitter) - (61)
             View source. ;-) -NT - (admin)
             Incidentally... - (admin) - (59)
                 It also occurred to me.. - (Ashton) - (12)
                     Computers making us stupid? - (orion)
                     Much, much too late. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                         dont forget drl - (boxley) - (6)
                             D'oh! and The Woodwright's Shop - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                 think about replacing a piston ring from scratch :-) -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                     Ever see the one about the pencil? - (drewk) - (3)
                                         Sounds like Burke's "Connections" - entertaining show -NT - (deSitter) - (2)
                                             Extraordinary show - (admin)
                                             pH34R my m4d 600613 sk|llz (new thread) - (drewk)
                     OH MY DEAR LORD - (tseliot) - (2)
                         Ce diable mineur est toujours dans les d\ufffdtails. - (Ashton)
                         Tete de merde - je suis un diable MAJEUR -NT - (deSitter)
                 SHIT SCOTT!!! - I'm FUCKING PARANOID (but I enjoyed it :-) - (dmarker) - (45)
                     HEY SCOTT !!!!! - (flame) - (dmarker) - (44)
                         Listen, you really need to get away from this - (jake123) - (42)
                             Scott knows what the point was - (dmarker) - (41)
                                 Clinical paranoia? No. - (admin) - (40)
                                     Re: Clinical paranoia? No. - (dmarker) - (36)
                                         Goddamnit. - (admin) - (35)
                                             Gee Scott don't get hysterical - calm down son - (dmarker) - (34)
                                                 Er, which forum IS this? - (admin) - (33)
                                                     boys, boys... - (rcareaga) - (32)
                                                         Read the forum title, fuckwit. - (admin) - (31)
                                                             (whack!) - (rcareaga) - (28)
                                                                 Re: (whack!) - (admin) - (27)
                                                                     Shut the fuck up Ross, you ignorant fuckwit! - (deSitter) - (24)
                                                                         I will try to depart from this with this last post - (dmarker) - (20)
                                                                             And your answer to Scott in this thread WAS an example of 1. -NT - (CRConrad) - (19)
                                                                                 So Mr Rescuer (look it up) tossing fuel on the fire <g> - (dmarker) - (18)
                                                                                     No "toss", just summing up the facts after your "last" post. -NT - (CRConrad) - (17)
                                                                                         CRC - 'facts' are there is no element of - (dmarker) - (16)
                                                                                             Yeah, sure, but rest assured... - (CRConrad) - (12)
                                                                                                 Screeching silverback slings shit, starts savage gorilla war - (dmarker) - (11)
                                                                                                     Damn cobber - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                                                                         betrter off in HK even the colds carry std's there - (boxley)
                                                                                                     So, trying to make a joke of it, eh? Too fucking bad... - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                                                                                         Can I - (screamer) - (6)
                                                                                                             ObSentientLRPD: "Possibly." -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                                                                                             Depends... - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                                                                                 \ufffd Snidely Whiplash - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                                                     No, gotta admit I don't... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                                                                         You don't know "Dudley Do-Right"?!?! - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                                             "Oh, my darling Clementine..." - (CRConrad)
                                                                                                         Penalty flag - ecological Super-Fund site - (Ashton)
                                                                                             Give it up already - (orion) - (2)
                                                                                                 10 points - your post & advice good <g> -NT - (dmarker)
                                                                                                 12 points for self-effacing *aptness* :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                         Let me try... Screamer, you suck... - (screamer) - (2)
                                                                             Dare-I deride?___Dorky Doddering Dreck, disdainfully dawdles - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                 Ashton consecutively, disturbingly, eloquent Brown. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                     OT re Mr. MM - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                         His English was better when he took the time. - (admin)
                                                             Lotta crap hanging around in this - (screamer) - (1)
                                                                 {Oooooh.. gotta *savor* This One for_____later}__munchies! -NT - (Ashton)
                                     gwielo ate too many dog ears in his dim sum - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Run away Bill, Scott is a big boy ! -NT - (dmarker)
                                         gwielo ate too many dog ears in his dim sum (new thread) - (boxley)
                         ? -NT - (admin)
         Re: Read a book sometime. - (rcareaga) - (2)
             Very... I say... Very, uh, well stated. -NT - (folkert)
             Well, I didn't, either. - (CRConrad)
         Perspective - (kmself) - (4)
             Stuff it. - (admin) - (3)
                 Lookink ferverts to die nookste yeere bork -NT - (deSitter) - (2)
                     You say that now... - (admin) - (1)
                         Oh Gevd, zeen oonly CRC cuoold pley.. -NT - (Ashton)
         Don't know how to reply here without getting pulled in - (tseliot)

I'd probably enjoy it, actually.
324 ms