IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New uh, Doug...this is a dead end
marlowe would like nothing better than for us to believe him a Junior G-Man in psy-ops, and the other one is, in my opinion, merely naive. American culture can be, particularly for those consumers who have neither read ambitiously nor traveled much outside these shores, as stultifyingly insular in its way as that of the old USSR. cybermace hears Our Leader proclaim, in last week's embarassing press conference with Tony Blair, that this mugging has broad international support, with a coalition "bigger in numerical terms than the one we had in 1991," neglecting to mention that in 1991 we had the European A-list solidly behind the undertaking, whereas this time we've paid hefty bribes to secure the names of Lower Slobbovia and West Bumfuck for our roster--he hears this, and doesn't fill in the negative spaces. If you point out to him that by overwhelming margins the populations of our notional allies oppose the invasion, he will reply that the various heads of state are displaying leadership by refusing to be swayed by popular passions. If this is "leadership" then Saddam Hussein, whom we are told is hated and feared by 95% of his people, has it in spades, nicht?

But this goes off-topic. Occam's Razor, Doug, Occam's Razor. The US government doesn't need to employ these two to churn the forum here--each, for his own reasons, is a volunteer, and really, you'll only make yourself look silly (granting that this is the flame forum, where choleric silliness is far from being in short supply) if you pursue it. Take my advice and walk away from this hobbyhorse.

cordially,

[edit: typo]
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
Expand Edited by rcareaga March 30, 2003, 12:56:09 PM EST
New Finally, his first name is revealed!
The mysterious "R." (Not Randolph, not Rutherford, nor even Rapunzel) Careaga gives Doug M. some good advice... A post like many others, in most respects -- except, *this* time, the omniscient LRPD tells us what that "R" stands for.

Hi, Rutabaga Careaga!

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Didn't know it was a mystery
Actually, I don't use my first name at all, except on sundry legal and financial documents. For other purposes I've always gone by my four-letter middle name.

cordially,

Rand Careaga
New No big deal; I'd just been idly wondering...
...in a couple of posts ([link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=82635|Post #82635] and [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=87577|Post #87577]) before, hypothesizing (somewhat wildly) on what it might stand for.

So, neither Rutherford nor Ranulph, eh? But, Rand, Rand, les'see, Rand, doesn't that remind me of something... Read any [link|http://www.arkane.demon.co.uk/WOTFAQ/0_admin/0.01_intro.html|Robert Jordan], have you? :-)

Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New OT: so what's the origin of "careaga"?
Idle curiosity, nothing more.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Re: OT: so what's the origin of "careaga"?
Basque. "care" = lime, as in limestone; "aga" = "place of," in practice often a fortified hilltop. So, "lime hill."

cordially,
New Did you know that "Careaga" actually derives from a Greek... (new thread)
Created as new thread #93235 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=93235|Did you know that "Careaga" actually derives from a Greek...]

Has anone decided yet if Cybermace5 is Marlowe or - (dmarker) - (29)
         ObLRPD: "Gee Dad, We're All Marlowe!" ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
             "Gee Son - you speak for yourself "<g> -NT - (dmarker)
         Really don't give a flying fuck -NT - (altmann) - (1)
             Good! then just fuck off <grin> -NT - (dmarker)
         Re: Has anone decided yet if Cybermace5 is Marlowe or - (rcareaga) - (21)
             Re: Has anone decided yet if Cybermace5 is Marlowe or - (deSitter) - (20)
                 Time to be deadly serious - I ACCUSE Marlowe & Cybermace5 of - (dmarker) - (19)
                     Get a Clue. - (tseliot)
                     What kind of fucking paranoid nut are you??? -NT - (ben_tilly)
                     Deadly serious my ass - (hnick)
                     uh, Doug...this is a dead end - (rcareaga) - (6)
                         Finally, his first name is revealed! - (CRConrad) - (5)
                             Didn't know it was a mystery - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                 No big deal; I'd just been idly wondering... - (CRConrad)
                                 OT: so what's the origin of "careaga"? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     Re: OT: so what's the origin of "careaga"? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                         Did you know that "Careaga" actually derives from a Greek... (new thread) - (CRConrad)
                     Here you fucking go again... - (bepatient)
                     ObLRPD: - (kmself) - (6)
                         MESSAGE RECEIVED loud & clear (& consistent) thanks all - (dmarker) - (5)
                             In my defence ... - (dmarker) - (4)
                                 You were in on the Barkto scam? - (jake123) - (3)
                                     Not in on the scam - (dmarker) - (2)
                                         Sorry, when I say "in on" I was saying - (jake123) - (1)
                                             Nasty <g> It was the most vicious thing I ever experienced - (dmarker)
                     Re: Time to be deadly serious - I ACCUSE Marlowe & Cybermace - (cybermace5)
         Not the same person, but friends. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             his post count jumped by 400% this past week -NT - (dmarker)
         Of course he is! And My Gramma too - (Ashton)

This results in serious pain.
104 ms