IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nit: gnuplot not GNUPlot
From the [link|http://www.gnuplot.info/faq/faq.html#SECTION00032000000000000000|FAQ]:

Any reference to GNUplot is incorrect. The real name of the program is "gnuplot". You see people use "gnuplot" quite a bit because many of us have an aversion to starting a sentence with a lower case letter, even in the case of proper nouns and titles. gnuplot is not related to the GNU project or the FSF in any but the most peripheral sense. Our software was designed completely independently and the name "gnuplot" was actually a compromise. I wanted to call it "llamaplot" and Colin wanted to call it "nplot." We agreed that "newplot" was acceptable but, we then discovered that there was an absolutely ghastly pascal program of that name that the Computer Science Dept. occasionally used. I decided that "gnuplot" would make a nice pun and after a fashion Colin agreed.

It's a very nice tool. Formatting isn't perfect, especially when moving graphs into MS Word, and it does have some quirks, but it works very well for me. YMMV. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New :) Thanks
     Cost of tools (SW dev) - (kmself) - (18)
         Is the software sold thru channels? - (boxley)
         Willing to pay? - (admin)
         Too cheap - (ChrisR)
         If this is the package I think it is or is anything like it - (morganek) - (10)
             Indeed it is - (kmself) - (9)
                 Aaah. . . - (morganek) - (8)
                     What part of Gestalt don't you understand? - (kmself) - (5)
                         Well, now that the inkblot's right-side-up. . . - (morganek)
                         MySQL? Zope? Gah. - (admin) - (3)
                             "Gone for" - (kmself) - (2)
                                 Re: "Gone for" - (admin) - (1)
                                     Ugh - (Yendor)
                     Nit: gnuplot not GNUPlot - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         :) Thanks -NT - (morganek)
         I pay for Delphi Pro, but I'd never pay *that* much. - (CRConrad) - (1)
             he's got bills to pay so is holding his nose and working -NT - (boxley)
         WRT personal development - (kmself)
         Is it CA? -NT - (Arkadiy)

Phrasers on STUN er SHUN!
130 ms