IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New For a 3rd party module? No.
C++ can be made less insane if you control all the pieces. But most 3rd party libraries on Solaris are compiled in Forte... if you don't use Forte, you're screwed.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New If you export C++ mangled functions, you're screwed.
Any sane library developer should use 'extern "C"' to export functions. It's painful, but it works.
--

We have only 2 things to worry about: That
things will never get back to normal, and that they already have.
New Or, rather: Export C++ mangled functions in a lib you sell..
...and your CUSTOMERS are screwed. :-(

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
     Re: There is NOTHING wrong with pointers! - (admin) - (46)
         Re: There is NOTHING wrong with pointers! - (dshellman) - (5)
             Cross-platform can be nasty. - (admin)
             Er,...really? - (jb4) - (3)
                 Java pointer problems - (ChrisR) - (2)
                     OT: threading - (admin)
                     Just a nit - (dshellman)
         Re: There is NOTHING wrong with pointers! - (deSitter) - (1)
             Re: There is NOTHING wrong with pointers! - (admin)
         I guess I don't see the problems with the compiler - (jb4) - (33)
             Hmmmm - seems this thread got derailed due to ... - (dmarker) - (27)
                 Java isn't a systems language at all, IMO. - (admin) - (26)
                     I sure wouldn't use Java for Systems work - (dmarker) - (25)
                         Which brings up the point: what IS systems work - (admin) - (24)
                             The other aspect is... - (ChrisR) - (18)
                                 Stroustrup has a great quote about that: - (admin)
                                 Which is why C/C++ can be easily integrated with anything - (Arkadiy) - (16)
                                     *C* is the lingua franca. - (admin) - (15)
                                         ObjectiveC++ - (tuberculosis)
                                         Welcom to my nightmare! - (jb4) - (13)
                                             ABI: Application Binary Interface - (admin) - (12)
                                                 I used to think Direct To SOM compilers would fix this - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                     Some progress has been made. - (admin)
                                                 Snide remark and a question - (jb4) - (5)
                                                     Snide response. - (admin)
                                                     Libraries - remember those? - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                         Exactly. - (admin)
                                                         Reality check: why libraries matter: - (admin)
                                                     Libraries - remember those? - (tuberculosis)
                                                 a day late and a dollar short...but extern "C" - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                                     For a 3rd party module? No. - (admin) - (2)
                                                         If you export C++ mangled functions, you're screwed. - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                                             Or, rather: Export C++ mangled functions in a lib you sell.. - (CRConrad)
                             Simple - (deSitter)
                             No - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                 But, in the hands of a good programmer, it's a sharp tool. - (admin) - (1)
                                     Like Cathie Ryan said... - (Arkadiy)
                             Friend of a Friend - (tuberculosis)
             Re: I guess I don't see the problems with the compiler - (admin) - (2)
                 OK, here's where we agree to disagree, and agree to agree... - (jb4) - (1)
                     Re: OK, here's where we agree to disagree, and agree to agre - (admin)
             Geronimo! - (tuberculosis)
             Attacking Java doesn't make C++ better - (tuberculosis)
         does the content of this thread indicate Bryce is right? :-) -NT - (boxley) - (3)
             Inasmuch as: - (admin)
             C++ implements OO programming - (tuberculosis)
             Not at all. - (static)

Your Freak God[tm] was HERE!
111 ms