IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One of my all time favorite fantasy films.
Even with Rutger hamming it up, it was still a good story. I thouhgt M. Brodericks portayel of "Mouse" was inspired. All the asides to God, All the promises weaseled out of..

Great movie.

Best scene- The high-stepping horse in the cathedral.
Why should we ask our military to die for cheap oil when the rest of us aren't even being asked to get better mileage?
-[link|http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?itemid=14107|Molly Ivins]
New Rutger Haeur was upstaged.
He played a not very complex character. Imperius, Mouse even the Bishop of Aquila* were more complex than he. Broderick was indeed inspired casting. Michele Pfeiffer did well, too - she knew her character was limited and stayed within it.

I have the novel somewhere. IIRC, the movie is quite faithful to it.

Wade.

* I think that's right.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New Pregnanat Molly Ivins sig there..
For those who relish irony, there's a comical extent to which liberals are the new conservatives, exactly where the old principled Republicans used to be -- reluctant to get involved in foreign wars, suspicious of foreign entanglements, harping on fiscal responsibility and worried about constitutional freedoms.
I keep askin them self-labelled 'Conservatives' WTF it *IS* they want to conserve (and think they are!) via the wackos they seem drawn to..

(Most just seem to grimace a bit, order another gun (and a beefier iron gate + floodlights) and count the C-notes in the wallet, while walkin away)

Jes love Molly's drawl.. and "Working Assets" is a nice idea too; dunno how effective it is overall - but 'investing' in Companies which appear not to be grabbin a big-bite outta that 8.2 B$ new Star Warz pork barrel, set up for Rumsfeld's Apocalypse Riders \ufffd -- can't be all bad. I'll bet that body-bag futures are way up, though (?)

Hope the Real Patriots kicked in a few extra $$ this year to the ACLU fund drive - we'll be needing them as if our very lives depended on it..

Ashton

PS - she didn't much like Sinclair Lewis's opus - see her point but, after all - he wrote that one in 1935! Imagine what he coulda done with TODAY's 'news' of War for Peace!!
     The Universe is an illusion - (orion) - (35)
         The universe is an artifact of our mode of perception. - (Andrew Grygus) - (29)
             I think you mean.... - (tseliot) - (27)
                 What I mean is . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (23)
                     Nice one - (Ashton)
                     What I was getting at... - (tseliot) - (2)
                         I believe this conundrum is of the class, - (Ashton)
                         But that is not how I stated it - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Can you define "reality", then? - (Arkadiy) - (18)
                         Defining reality as we perceive it . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                             Not quite sure how to answer this one - (Arkadiy)
                             Color perception - (Ashton)
                             That's describing, not defining - (mhuber) - (1)
                                 Hah.. the ontological proof of - (Ashton)
                         "reality" bites -NT - (boxley)
                         There is no reality - (orion) - (11)
                             Oh dear...here come the Vogons. - (bepatient)
                             Well, God shouldn't have . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                 Well, put that way... - (folkert) - (8)
                                     Prolly it's just that - (Ashton) - (7)
                                         She Who Must Be Obeyed? - (admin) - (6)
                                             Hubbard? Umm "Rumpole of the Bailey" - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                 Haggard, sorry, and yes he did lift it: - (admin)
                                                 And he played a wonderfully fallen character in "Ladyhawke". - (static) - (3)
                                                     One of my all time favorite fantasy films. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                         Rutger Haeur was upstaged. - (static)
                                                         Pregnanat Molly Ivins sig there.. - (Ashton)
                 There was a Dilbert (!) cartoon about that. - (static) - (2)
                     Found it. - (static) - (1)
                         Think it beats several examples of fuzzier logic - extant. -NT - (Ashton)
             "A physicist is just an atom's way of looking at itself." - (a6l6e6x)
         Down that road lies madness and despair. - (marlowe) - (2)
             OTOH it can be a perfectly workable intro - (Ashton)
             Unfortunately, that's the fact of the matter - (mhuber)
         Already covered - (Silverlock)
         You all forgot - (orion)