IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Prolly it's just that
..sometimes She's A Bitch

(because we Insist on that kinda masochistic BS. She gives us what We Want\ufffd)

This just in (NPR):

Seems it's becoming normal average for 20-somethings to suffer from anxiety, depression yada yada. No wonder drug usage is Up. What is it about this rich, sated culture which prompts so many to want to take leave of it, one way or another?

[never mind: essay question]
New She Who Must Be Obeyed?
*grin*

I'm reading Hubbard's 'She' right now, so ignore me.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Hubbard? Umm "Rumpole of the Bailey"
John Mortimer.. so maybe he lifted that from Hubbard - it's the theme-quote re Rumpole's wife, delivered in a whisper.. [PBS from UK, natch]

Alas a bright star has gone out - 'Rumpole' [link|http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2146615.stm| Leo McKern] has died at 82. He was also magnificent as a Number 2 in The Prisoner and several other class acts. I will miss his wonderful pomposity-deflating presence.. indefinitely.

Ashton
New Haggard, sorry, and yes he did lift it:
[link|http://www.csee.umbc.edu/~schott/rumpole/references/she.html|http://www.csee.umbc...ferences/she.html]

Rumpole covertly refers to his wife, Hilda, as "She Who Must Be Obeyed," "She," or "S.W.M.B.O." The phrase is from H. Rider Haggard's adventure novel, "She". The title character, Ayesha, Queen of Kor, is known to her subjects as SWMBO.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New And he played a wonderfully fallen character in "Ladyhawke".
Basically an exiled priest by the name of Imperius.

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New One of my all time favorite fantasy films.
Even with Rutger hamming it up, it was still a good story. I thouhgt M. Brodericks portayel of "Mouse" was inspired. All the asides to God, All the promises weaseled out of..

Great movie.

Best scene- The high-stepping horse in the cathedral.
Why should we ask our military to die for cheap oil when the rest of us aren't even being asked to get better mileage?
-[link|http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?itemid=14107|Molly Ivins]
New Rutger Haeur was upstaged.
He played a not very complex character. Imperius, Mouse even the Bishop of Aquila* were more complex than he. Broderick was indeed inspired casting. Michele Pfeiffer did well, too - she knew her character was limited and stayed within it.

I have the novel somewhere. IIRC, the movie is quite faithful to it.

Wade.

* I think that's right.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New Pregnanat Molly Ivins sig there..
For those who relish irony, there's a comical extent to which liberals are the new conservatives, exactly where the old principled Republicans used to be -- reluctant to get involved in foreign wars, suspicious of foreign entanglements, harping on fiscal responsibility and worried about constitutional freedoms.
I keep askin them self-labelled 'Conservatives' WTF it *IS* they want to conserve (and think they are!) via the wackos they seem drawn to..

(Most just seem to grimace a bit, order another gun (and a beefier iron gate + floodlights) and count the C-notes in the wallet, while walkin away)

Jes love Molly's drawl.. and "Working Assets" is a nice idea too; dunno how effective it is overall - but 'investing' in Companies which appear not to be grabbin a big-bite outta that 8.2 B$ new Star Warz pork barrel, set up for Rumsfeld's Apocalypse Riders \ufffd -- can't be all bad. I'll bet that body-bag futures are way up, though (?)

Hope the Real Patriots kicked in a few extra $$ this year to the ACLU fund drive - we'll be needing them as if our very lives depended on it..

Ashton

PS - she didn't much like Sinclair Lewis's opus - see her point but, after all - he wrote that one in 1935! Imagine what he coulda done with TODAY's 'news' of War for Peace!!
     The Universe is an illusion - (orion) - (35)
         The universe is an artifact of our mode of perception. - (Andrew Grygus) - (29)
             I think you mean.... - (tseliot) - (27)
                 What I mean is . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (23)
                     Nice one - (Ashton)
                     What I was getting at... - (tseliot) - (2)
                         I believe this conundrum is of the class, - (Ashton)
                         But that is not how I stated it - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Can you define "reality", then? - (Arkadiy) - (18)
                         Defining reality as we perceive it . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                             Not quite sure how to answer this one - (Arkadiy)
                             Color perception - (Ashton)
                             That's describing, not defining - (mhuber) - (1)
                                 Hah.. the ontological proof of - (Ashton)
                         "reality" bites -NT - (boxley)
                         There is no reality - (orion) - (11)
                             Oh dear...here come the Vogons. - (bepatient)
                             Well, God shouldn't have . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                 Well, put that way... - (folkert) - (8)
                                     Prolly it's just that - (Ashton) - (7)
                                         She Who Must Be Obeyed? - (admin) - (6)
                                             Hubbard? Umm "Rumpole of the Bailey" - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                 Haggard, sorry, and yes he did lift it: - (admin)
                                                 And he played a wonderfully fallen character in "Ladyhawke". - (static) - (3)
                                                     One of my all time favorite fantasy films. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                         Rutger Haeur was upstaged. - (static)
                                                         Pregnanat Molly Ivins sig there.. - (Ashton)
                 There was a Dilbert (!) cartoon about that. - (static) - (2)
                     Found it. - (static) - (1)
                         Think it beats several examples of fuzzier logic - extant. -NT - (Ashton)
             "A physicist is just an atom's way of looking at itself." - (a6l6e6x)
         Down that road lies madness and despair. - (marlowe) - (2)
             OTOH it can be a perfectly workable intro - (Ashton)
             Unfortunately, that's the fact of the matter - (mhuber)
         Already covered - (Silverlock)
         You all forgot - (orion)

MY SUGGESTIONS ARE THE RESULT OF COUNTLESS NANOSECONDS OF COGITATION! HOW DARE YOU REJECT THEM?!?
94 ms